Round 1 vs the vermin

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bondi.boy View Post

Latrell needs to play the game properly, and cut out the 'rubbish' he goes on with [in the GF for example]...or he'll find himself in the sin bin and us losing the match.
    I dunno, maybe it's just a red rag to a bull, but I find myself disagreeing with everything you say.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny Tobin View Post

Really? I though that was just for the rugger and we are North-Souff.
      It's only Wed.
      Maybe they don't want to disturb the new turf yet.

I read somewhere that they said that the chopped up turf "was not on the NRL field", and was "rye grass that hadn't be returfed for winter yet".
      If that's the case how come they laid thousands of m2 of new turf.

Memberships and tickets have been sold on the basis of North-South.

Here, look, in the brochure/booklet the Roosters handed out on that "come and see the new set up for 2019 info day" in the Noble stand last season.
      North-South, with gold Roosters members in the Bill O'Reilly stand in the middle of the stand, with silver members on either side of them...Chookpen at the front.
      ...right, slap-bang on half-way.

I would imagine there'll be drama if that's not how it is.

Comment

Originally posted by stephenj View Post
        Expect to see dirty niggling tactics from souffs to try and upset us, it wont but jarrod will be busy!
        If Souths try thuggery and illegal play...they should be punished severely.
        Any Souths players start belting Cronk and Keary late, and nothing is done about it by the ref, our players should do something about it..."riot" [legally of course].

If we get penalised out of the game...yes, exactly.
        How did Cronk injure his shoulder last season? yes, exactly.

Comment

I hope our blokes smash them to oblivion where they will not recover again from all season. .Just like last years semi
          Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe

Comment

We've got the "Honey" Badger....he's a Souths man I think?

I]SBW at the beach .[/I]

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks Fur Coat View Post
              We've got the "Honey" Badger....
              he's a Souths man I think?
              Some people seem to say so.

Comment

Loved Robbo's pre match press conference today, talked about embracing the favouritism to win the comp, also dismissed the vermin saying week 1 was all about the Roosters playing their style of football and that he wasn't at all concerned about what the vermin did with switching Inglis to mark up on Latrell.

Comment

It's clear from tonight's game the refs have been told to keep the whistle out of the mouth & let the game flow.

Let's hope the Roosters have been working on their wrestling cause the Storm were back to their old tricks & got away with a bit more than the last few years.

I didn't think the Broncs looked fit anyway but while you want the fatigue factor back you don't want it if it means we go back to the WWE tactics.

Comment

Originally posted by Speedymetric View Post
                    It's clear from tonight's game the refs have been told to keep the whistle out of the mouth & let the game flow.

Let's hope the Roosters have been working on their wrestling cause the Storm were back to their old tricks & got away with a bit more than the last few years.

I didn't think the Broncs looked fit anyway but while you want the fatigue factor back you don't want it if it means we go back to the WWE tactics.
                    I didn't necessarily see it as "wrestling" from the Storm, the old grappling days were shocking and dangerous - I expect wrestling holds will be harshly penalised still. Teams work the ruck more with dominant body positions nowadays and as long as it's consistent (which it was last night, the Storm were clearly the better defensive unit) then I have no issues with it. If this is how the matches are going to be refereed it really suits us a lot, game will become far more territorial as piggy back penalties will be harder to receive.

Comment

Originally posted by zac View Post

I dunno, maybe it's just a red rag to a bull, but I find myself disagreeing with everything you say.
                      i feel your sentiment Zac

Comment

Working...
                      X