Who's had enough?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who's had enough?

Look, off seasons can be long and tedious but with all the crap going down , can anyone be bothered?

I am a rusted-on fan, just like most of us on here.. but I now know why old blokes couldn’t be bother watching the game anymore.

Far out, I’m sick of standing up for the players. Grow up.

To all the blokes in the past that got away with it, goodonya! However, for the current mob, it’s 2019 and times have changed.

..it’ll be interesting to see

Maybe if I followed a crap team, I would feel that way
    But watching the Roosters both on and off the field over the last 12 months or so, shows the professionalism the other sides should aspire too

Comment

Originally posted by The Skeez View Post
      Look, off seasons can be long and tedious but with all the crap going down , can anyone be bothered?

I am a rusted-on fan, just like most of us on here.. but I now know why old blokes couldn’t be bother watching the game anymore.

Far out, I’m sick of standing up for the players. Grow up.

To all the blokes in the past that got away with it, goodonya! However, for the current mob, it’s 2019 and times have changed.
      For me that stuff is white noise. The media has cried wolf, or at least presented things in a dumb manner, so often that I've stopped listening.

But. sure, players have been given a wake up call about the environment they live in.

And I'm with gaz, following the Roosters has given us more than enough great moments to keep us happy.

Comment

There are what, 480 contracted NRL players?

And how many have gotten in potentially serious trouble this off season, 6?

So 1 in 80 NRL players have fallen foul of the law.

Hardly a number worth getting worked up over. But then that's the power of the media.

They've got many people convinced that the players are out of control.

Comment

You're fighting a losing battle if you think young adults aren't going to make mistakes, I don't care what year it is. There is always going to be player misbehaviour because there is always going to be misbehaviour amongst men in that age category throughout society. If the old blokes are sick off it maybe they should just think back to their own decision making at a similar age.

What we need is real leadership, not policy on the run. Some real core values and beliefs that can guide the game in its decision making.

It's all swings and roundabouts, we weren't affected by the latest batch of policy on the run but we sure were when they came up with a new rule to suspend Dylan Napa mid-season and we'll cop our fair share again, I'm just glad we weren't involved in the latest melt down at headquarters.

Comment

I used to defend the majority of them too..
            but when it affects the livelihood of the game, especially after the collective bargaining agreement where they became partners of the game, it’s a bit too much really.

I agree, if we weren’t following the premiers, of a club that hasn’t been damaged by scandal (yet) it would be far worse.

The NRL has also dodged a bullet in that Jarryd Hayne isn’t a contracted player. Who gets an Uber from the central coast to the hunter valley and back to Sydney?

Comment

Who's the Penrith player in trouble?

I'm hearing its Dean Whare?

Comment

Is it the case the media is jealous now the players don't go drinking with them like they used to in the 70s ?
                The Internet is a place for posting silly things
                Try and be serious and you will look stupid
                sigpic

Comment

Cant put an old head on young shoulders .

Comment

The NRL lacks a sense of proportion

- debelin, walker etc they have taken the right stance - these grubs have no place in our sport

- the Canterbury mad Monday stuff, Napa etc is a whole different thing - slap in the wrist, tell em tostop being stupid and move on

Greenberg lacks the smarts to manage this stuff sensibly

Comment

Originally posted by The ticket View Post
                      The NRL lacks a sense of proportion

- debelin, walker etc they have taken the right stance - these grubs have no place in our sport

- the Canterbury mad Monday stuff, Napa etc is a whole different thing - slap in the wrist, tell em tostop being stupid and move on

Greenberg lacks the smarts to manage this stuff sensibly

Pretty much.

There still has to be a presumption of innocence, but if you're accused of a serious offence, public outcry is understandable and a 'no fault' standing down is not crazy. Not sure I'm convinced, but it's not crazy.

But the NRL's stance on minor matters like the Mitchell Pearce case, for example, was all about public perception and put the bar way too high. They should have seen it as a privacy issue and pointed the finger at the real culprit - the people who leaked the video.

Comment

Originally posted by zac View Post

Pretty much.

There still has to be a presumption of innocence, but if you're accused of a serious offence, public outcry is understandable and a 'no fault' standing down is not crazy. Not sure I'm convinced, but it's not crazy.

But the NRL's stance on minor matters like the Mitchell Pearce case, for example, was all about public perception and put the bar way too high. They should have seen it as a privacy issue and pointed the finger at the real culprit - the people who leaked the video.
                        Media were also labelling Pearce drunkenly trying to kiss the girl (who was in on the setup) in that flat as "attempted sexual assault".

Crying wolf indeed. Fake news. Harder than ever to believe anything at all in the media these days.

Comment

Look at the areas where Rugby League is the biggest, there will always be poor behaviour by a small percentage of players, always.

Comment

I think there is, and has always been, a mad dog culture in league. From way back, blokes were always into each other and anyone else in their way.

When it compromises the future of the game because of dwindling and lost sponsorships, you can’t excuse their behaviour. The NRL funds the entire game and if you have a few more of these atrocities, it may be the death knell.

Look at the names of sponsors that are in league, hardly any multinational corporations endorsing this spectacular game.

If you worked in sponsorship for the NRL or a club, I reckon you’d have your work cut out for you. When, you look at the following League has, it should be easy.

Comment

Originally posted by Tommy Smith View Post
                              There are what, 480 contracted NRL players?

And how many have gotten in potentially serious trouble this off season, 6?

So 1 in 80 NRL players have fallen foul of the law.

Hardly a number worth getting worked up over. But then that's the power of the media.

They've got many people convinced that the players are out of control.
                              Exactly. And AFL and rugby league are the only codes that the media is really interested in and go looking for.

Comment

Working...
                              X