Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If you had to relocate a current NRL club..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If you had to relocate a current NRL club..

Say a current NRL club suddenly became unviable and you, as ceo, had to move the club to another more promising area, what would you do and how?

1: Which club?
    2: Why that club?
    3: Where would you relocate them to?
    4: Why did you choose to move them to that area?

Me, what would I do?

1: Canterbury
    2: Their region is very limited within Sydney
    3: New Zealand - while Christchurch makes sense due to the same name of the region, prob Wellington or Auckland
    4: New Zealand needs another team more than any other region. Then League could genuinely take on Yawnion and take their discards and flourish. Plus the NZ derbies would be tops.
    ..it’ll be interesting to see

Cronulla
    running out of finance
    perth
    expansion and Timezone coverage
    Written and published on behalf of the Liberal Party, Queensland

Comment

Originally posted by The Axe View Post
      Cronulla
      running out of finance
      perth
      expansion and Timezone coverage
      Could be a reality !
      ..it’ll be interesting to see

Comment

cronulla, no money honey

Comment

I thought Cronulla have sold of some expensive waterside land they owned close to their stadium, that made them financially viable now,????

Comment

Originally posted by The Skeez View Post
            Say a current NRL club suddenly became unviable and you, as ceo, had to move the club to another more promising area, what would you do and how?

Me, what would I do?

3: New Zealand - while Christchurch makes sense due to the same name of the region, prob Wellington or Auckland
            4: New Zealand needs another team more than any other region. Then League could genuinely take on Yawnion and take their discards and flourish. Plus the NZ derbies would be tops.
            Mate you know nothing about Rugby or the state of it in NZ if you ever think League could challenge Union over there. That will never happen no matter how many teams they have or how much league try to poach their top juniors . Their passion for Rugby is unbelievable, they live for the shit and always will

Comment

On the face of it, having 8.5 Sydney teams in a 16 team competition might seem excessive, but deciding which team goes is in the way too hard basket, for mine. Maybe a club will go belly up financially and have to move; maybe clubs can play games interstate, so we can keep the status quo.

I'd like PNG to be the expansion area. Maybe it's too far away, and maybe there are other problems, but they've got 8 million people and League is already the number one sport.

Comment

Originally posted by Chooksforme View Post
                I thought Cronulla have sold of some expensive waterside land they owned close to their stadium, that made them financially viable now,????
                I believe this is the last of dwindling assets to finance them. Unless something significant changes at the club, it is a case of when
                Written and published on behalf of the Liberal Party, Queensland

Comment

Anyone not thinking Souths should wash their mouth out with soap.

Souths. To the moon.

Comment

Roosters to Brisbane - could see them play every other week then.
                    Strong fan base in Queensland.
                    There's a reason why the young and idealistic become the old and cynical.
                    It's called experience.

Comment

Me, what would I do?

nothing could ever challenge union in nz, its becoming insufferable, but i would say New Zealand would struggle to support another league team. especially in wellington, the rugby and soccer struggle to get 10k a game from a whole (small) city and they rarely win trophies, it would just be another shit team. same with other locations in NZ.

Comment

Originally posted by Thirteen View Post

Souths. To the moon.
                        Souths to Antartica, you cant get more south than that, and they already have a lot of penguins attending their matches.

Comment

Originally posted by Thirteen View Post

Souths. To the moon.
                          No atmosphere at their home games though..

Comment

1. Souths

2. To help drive down New South Wales high crime rate

3. Syria

4. They can amalgamate with ISIS and eventually be eradicated in a military strike

Comment

Not sure I understand, by that logic we would surely be moved before Canterury. Their region is far greater in size to ours.

Comment

Working...
                              X