Latrell splits with manager Steve Deacon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Latrell splits with manager Steve Deacon

While there is no immediate worry for the Roosters here I would be much more comfortable if he was signed longer than just the end of 2020.

LATRELL’S AGENT SPLIT

SUPERSTAR Latrell Mitchell is dealing with a messy off-field issue that is starting to concern Sydney Roosters on the eve of the premiership.

The boom centre has split from his agent Steve Deacon and wants to join the stable of boxing promoter Matt Rose, who is setting up an all-indigenous player management company.

There is talk of Mitchell taking legal action to get out of his current agreement.

Rose looks after the affairs of South Sydney Rabbitohs five-eighth Cody Walker among other players.

Deacon did not return our phone calls or text messages.

Originally posted by fletch View Post
    While there is no immediate worry for the Roosters here I would be much more comfortable if he was signed longer than just the end of 2020.

LATRELL’S AGENT SPLIT

SUPERSTAR Latrell Mitchell is dealing with a messy off-field issue that is starting to concern Sydney Roosters on the eve of the premiership.

The boom centre has split from his agent Steve Deacon and wants to join the stable of boxing promoter Matt Rose, who is setting up an all-indigenous player management company.

There is talk of Mitchell taking legal action to get out of his current agreement.

Rose looks after the affairs of South Sydney Rabbitohs five-eighth Cody Walker among other players.

Deacon did not return our phone calls or text messages.
    I wonder what that's about.

Comment

Originally posted by Mickie Lane View Post

He’s gonna box in the off-season. Nts, nts

Its George Roses bro. Koori konnection
      ..it’ll be interesting to see

Comment

Originally posted by Mickie Lane View Post

Im reading that as the sought after split from his current Manager is THE issue itself.

Comment

Is that Steve Deacon our X-centre?

Comment

Originally posted by Thirteen View Post
            Is that Steve Deacon our X-centre?
            Yep, streakin steve deacon.

Comment

money talks, nothing is guaranteed in league, and seeing him in the red and green shouldn’t surprise anybody if it happens.

Comment

It could cost Latrell a considerable sum of money if he wants to go to his mates at amateur hour management, god knows what they promised him
                The Internet is a place for posting silly things
                Try and be serious and you will look stupid
                sigpic

Comment

I recall a documentary on Inglis where his Indigenous advisers convinced him to play for the "Indigenous" Queensland side instead of "racist" NSW. Whilst that cannot happen at SOO level for Latrell, it would not surprise me to see him join the Rabbitohs.

Comment

It would be sad seeing him in a South's jumper but hey they do it for the money and if South's are going to throw money at him good luck to him, as good as a player he is if you hit him hard and early in the game he tends to go missing.

Comment

This may be an issue come contract talks.
                      Cody Walker and Iglis in his ear?

Comment

Originally posted by Arties Pie View Post
                        It would be sad seeing him in a South's jumper but hey they do it for the money and if South's are going to throw money at him good luck to him, as good as a player he is if you hit him hard and early in the game he tends to go missing.
                        Would Bennett be an attraction?
                        Or the fact that souffs is seen as a murri/ aboriginal club?

Comment

Didn't Latrell say around the time of choosing to play in the All Stars game that he wanted to play for the Roosters for a long time? If so, then aren't some of you jumping to conclusions here in regards to the management split leading to him joining the wabbits?
                          "The price of freedom is eternal vigilance."

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Originally posted by Kingbilly View Post
                            It could cost Latrell a considerable sum of money if he wants to go to his mates at amateur hour management, god knows what they promised him
                            You do have to wonder who is giving these young blokes advice sometimes.

There's always a Don King style vulture waiting to pray on and leech off of great young athletes. And they use race to weasel their way in.

But in return Latrell needs better advice from those close to him and he also needs to display some strength to say no to these ****wits.

Comment

I doubt Latrell would ever play for Souths, when they signed his father they treated him like crap so the family are not fans.

Cody Walker is another one that would not get a start anywhere else but Souffs
                              The Internet is a place for posting silly things
                              Try and be serious and you will look stupid
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X