Latrell splits with manager Steve Deacon

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Salvatori Grubber View Post

Not sure why. Regardless of manager, any player would test waters. Not sure why Latrell should be any different.

As is always harped-on about over at these parts, if we want them, we keep them. If he does decide to leave Easts (and Iím not sure what his mgmt has to do with it), Iíd be as spewing as the next guy. But good luck to him, he has a family to support.

Heís great but Easts are greater.
    Deacon is a Rooster.

These new people aren't.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny Tobin View Post

Deacon is a Rooster.

These new people aren't.
      Fair enough, and perhaps we'd be more likely to keep Latrell if he stayed with Deacon, but Latrell's move is more pro-Aboriginal than anti-Rooster. And, remember, we had the greatest ever Aboriginal to have played the game, so there's a bit of tradition here. It would be nice to have the top two.

Comment

Originally posted by zac View Post

Fair enough, and perhaps we'd be more likely to keep Latrell if he stayed with Deacon, but Latrell's move is more pro-Aboriginal than anti-Rooster. And, remember, we had the greatest ever Aboriginal to have played the game, so there's a bit of tradition here. It would be nice to have the top two.
        Souffs would love to take him off us.

Anyway, I trust Nick and Robbo. Happy to leave it in their capable hands.

Comment

Maybe the smart thing to do would be to lock in his brother Shaquai to a long term deal.

Comment

Latrell or Tedesco, can't have both I reckon.

This is what happens.

Comment

Originally posted by Bansai Pipeline View Post

This is what happens.
              Melbourne kept Slater, Cronk and Smith for many years until Coops decided to move to Sydney.

Comment

Im hearing he might have GF trouble but not sure of the rumour.
                Believe in conspiracies.Soffs SFS- Laterell.
                Time UNC Nick to fight his final battle.
                Latrell would be numero uno priority ...period.
                Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe

Comment

Souffs would love to take him off us.

Anyway, I trust Nick and Robbo. Happy to leave it in their capable hands.

The other thing is that if your manager has ties to a club, he mightn't get the best deal for you.

But, yeah, you'd figure Nick, Robbo and Latrell can work something out.

Comment

You get the feeling the whole 'Souths are the Koori club' narrative would have some pull for the kid.

Either way, he's going to cost a motza whoever he signs with.

He's basically the biggest star in the game RN.

Comment

Not really concerned about Latrell's future yet, if we reach the 1st of November and he can start negotiating with other clubs for 2021 and hasn't signed an extension to stay, then I'll start to worry.

Comment

Originally posted by zac View Post

Or maybe he's suggesting that it's the brothers who are stupid. Either way, just a bone-headed, ignorant post. ('Taking legal action' is the journalist's phrase, not Latrell's. Latrell has every right to change managers - why would he be doing it to 'make a good gossip story'.) The kind of post that another club could print out and show him and ask him why he would want to play for a club that has fans like that.

Never suggested it was Latrell's phrase or that it was Latrell who was doing the gossiping.
                        But, How did the journalist find out Latrell wants out? Someone must have told him.

Latrell doesn't have every right to change manager. He has a contract.

Yes, I don't think the brothers have explained to him how it all works.
                        He wants to get out of his contract early he pays the manager what he is owed for the next two years plus extra and come to a mutual agreement.

Just because I support the club doesn't mean I have to pretend everything is being done the right way.

Comment

Originally posted by Bansai Pipeline View Post

This is what happens.
                          I don't know.

We have amazing salary cap management. Ask Matterson.

Comment

LATRELLM.jpg

Loved this on his Intagram when responding to a question.

Comment

Typical chookpen over reaction. Latrell changes manager so that means heís joining Souths. lol.
                              "Originally posted by Elvis Rooster"
                              So while most of us were getting excited about the start of the season our resident Junkie Jim the Jailbird, the guy who would like to break into your house and steal your tv and toaster, Mickey Lane is at it again. Here is his latest beauty.
                              ​"Do you want white or wholemeal toast?"
                              I tell you guys this is one sick son of a bitch;

Comment

I don't know.

We have amazing salary cap management. Ask Matterson.
                                Or beg summy...

I]SBW at the beach .[/I]

Comment

Working...
                                X