Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Latrell splits with manager Steve Deacon

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Latrell splits with manager Steve Deacon

    While there is no immediate worry for the Roosters here I would be much more comfortable if he was signed longer than just the end of 2020.


    LATRELLíS AGENT SPLIT

    SUPERSTAR Latrell Mitchell is dealing with a messy off-field issue that is starting to concern Sydney Roosters on the eve of the premiership.

    The boom centre has split from his agent Steve Deacon and wants to join the stable of boxing promoter Matt Rose, who is setting up an all-indigenous player management company.

    There is talk of Mitchell taking legal action to get out of his current agreement.

    Rose looks after the affairs of South Sydney Rabbitohs five-eighth Cody Walker among other players.

    Deacon did not return our phone calls or text messages.

  • #2
    Originally posted by fletch View Post
    While there is no immediate worry for the Roosters here I would be much more comfortable if he was signed longer than just the end of 2020.


    LATRELLíS AGENT SPLIT

    SUPERSTAR Latrell Mitchell is dealing with a messy off-field issue that is starting to concern Sydney Roosters on the eve of the premiership.

    The boom centre has split from his agent Steve Deacon and wants to join the stable of boxing promoter Matt Rose, who is setting up an all-indigenous player management company.

    There is talk of Mitchell taking legal action to get out of his current agreement.

    Rose looks after the affairs of South Sydney Rabbitohs five-eighth Cody Walker among other players.

    Deacon did not return our phone calls or text messages.
    I wonder what that's about.
    "Originally posted by Elvis Rooster"
    So while most of us were getting excited about the start of the season our resident Junkie Jim the Jailbird, the guy who would like to break into your house and steal your tv and toaster, Mickey Lane is at it again. Here is his latest beauty.
    ​"Do you want white or wholemeal toast?"
    I tell you guys this is one sick son of a bitch;

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Mickie Lane View Post

      I wonder what that's about.
      Heís gonna box in the off-season. Nts, nts

      Its George Roses bro. Koori konnection
      Get out of the way, I'm next

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Mickie Lane View Post

        I wonder what that's about.
        Im reading that as the sought after split from his current Manager is THE issue itself.


        I]SBW at the beach .[/I]

        Comment


        • #5
          Is that Steve Deacon our X-centre?

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Thirteen View Post
            Is that Steve Deacon our X-centre?
            Yep, streakin steve deacon.

            Comment


            • #7
              money talks, nothing is guaranteed in league, and seeing him in the red and green shouldnít surprise anybody if it happens.

              Comment


              • #8
                It could cost Latrell a considerable sum of money if he wants to go to his mates at amateur hour management, god knows what they promised him
                The Internet is a place for posting silly things
                Try and be serious and you will look stupid
                sigpic

                Comment


                • #9
                  I recall a documentary on Inglis where his Indigenous advisers convinced him to play for the "Indigenous" Queensland side instead of "racist" NSW. Whilst that cannot happen at SOO level for Latrell, it would not surprise me to see him join the Rabbitohs.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    It would be sad seeing him in a South's jumper but hey they do it for the money and if South's are going to throw money at him good luck to him, as good as a player he is if you hit him hard and early in the game he tends to go missing.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      This may be an issue come contract talks.
                      Cody Walker and Iglis in his ear?

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Arties Pie View Post
                        It would be sad seeing him in a South's jumper but hey they do it for the money and if South's are going to throw money at him good luck to him, as good as a player he is if you hit him hard and early in the game he tends to go missing.
                        Would Bennett be an attraction?
                        Or the fact that souffs is seen as a murri/ aboriginal club?

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Didn't Latrell say around the time of choosing to play in the All Stars game that he wanted to play for the Roosters for a long time? If so, then aren't some of you jumping to conclusions here in regards to the management split leading to him joining the wabbits?
                          "The price of freedom is eternal vigilance."

                          Thomas Jefferson

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Kingbilly View Post
                            It could cost Latrell a considerable sum of money if he wants to go to his mates at amateur hour management, god knows what they promised him
                            You do have to wonder who is giving these young blokes advice sometimes.

                            There's always a Don King style vulture waiting to pray on and leech off of great young athletes. And they use race to weasel their way in.

                            But in return Latrell needs better advice from those close to him and he also needs to display some strength to say no to these ****wits.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              I doubt Latrell would ever play for Souths, when they signed his father they treated him like crap so the family are not fans.

                              Cody Walker is another one that would not get a start anywhere else but Souffs
                              The Internet is a place for posting silly things
                              Try and be serious and you will look stupid
                              sigpic

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X