Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Itís a pretty big deal to back to back. Ego club. Players.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Itís a pretty big deal to back to back. Ego club. Players.

Any club that embrace the hurdle that is the NRL referee bias could be potentially a citadel.
    Personally I see this as the holy grail in terms of acknowledgement of doing things well

it really isnít just about us....in terms of winning.....itís about breaking down a mindset amongst referees and the establishment that back,to,back isnít a Bankable option
    barbarian ......arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgh!!!!!!!

Originally posted by trewhella View Post
    Any club that embrace the hurdle that is the NRL referee bias could be potentially a citadel.
    Personally I see this as the holy grail in terms of acknowledgement of doing things well

it really isnít just about us....in terms of winning.....itís about breaking down a mindset amongst referees and the establishment that back,to,back isnít a Bankable option

Has Trew turned into a spambot? Sorry man - not following.
    Making Steve Naughton look like Vince Mellars...

Comment

I thought the Johnny Double Blacks I was on last night had some kick...you sound like you are drinking some good shite there though Trew.

At least you didnt whirr your slurds..
      My friend keeps saying "Cheer up mate it could be worse. You could be stuck underground in a hole full of water". I know he means well.

Comment

it can and will be done depends on the Napa outfall...rep injuries etc.
        Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe

Comment

We embraced the hurdle in 2013 like no other team in history.

And to a lesser extent we also held our composure really well in last year's Prelim where Souffs blatant tactic of stripping the ball was being flatly ignored by that ghastly creature Ash Klein.

To the refs credit they've refereed both those GFs brilliantly.

The challenge will be to get there.

As you say, ride the many waves during the regular season by embracing the "us against them" mentality of 2013.

Trips to places like NZ and Newy will be blighted by the refs who will seek to sodomise us at every opportunity.

But we'll be good enough to overcome this and finish top 4. And then its just 3 games in September/October. Not even the Broncos & Rabbits personal Trojan Horse in Gerard Sutton will stop us here if we are as swtiched on defensively as we were in 2018.

Can Robbo and Cooper motivate the boys to reach those same heights? I say yes.

Comment

The thing about 2013-2014 is that 2013 was not supposed to be our premiership year, it was supposed to be Souffs. It was blatantly obvious and therefore the fix was on double in 2014. No one was going to win it but them.
            2018 was different as it was almost anyone's, well in the end i was us or Melbourne but there was an openness about it and 2019 there appears to be no pre meditated desire lagging over from 2018 for a team to win the GF. I think its there for the taking but we are going to have to be good (obviously)
            The Internet is a place for posting silly things
            Try and be serious and you will look stupid
            sigpic

Comment

In some premiership winning teams itís a roster issue if theyíve had to shed some players due to their contracts ending and trying to stay with the same players under the cap, whilst in other teams itís a mental thing of having to put in all the effort to win that premiership and now having to do it all over again. For us it will be a mental thing due to the fact that weíve mainly lost 1 main player in Fergo and Napa had his moments and Matto whilst very good, perhaps Angus would be a better option. Iím thinking that Morris and Hall will fill in for Fergo and we Ďmayí not miss him that much, I hope. So itís all up to Trent, Fitzy and OíBrien on the sidelines and General Cronk to be the master tactician on the field. We will overcome many hurdles to give us the best chance for back to back.

Comment

DAs Trew said its an ego thing some players wanna live off that one comp.Look at 14 we were a great side so was 2003/4 but some guys didnt put in again . 2013-15 couldve won 3 in a row.
                It seems difficult these days to maintain the rage.
                I have no doubt on paper this year we have the best team and by rights they should win again ...have they the head space?
                Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe

Comment

Originally posted by Kingbilly View Post
                  The thing about 2013-2014 is that 2013 was not supposed to be our premiership year, it was supposed to be Souffs. It was blatantly obvious and therefore the fix was on double in 2014. No one was going to win it but them.
                  2018 was different as it was almost anyone's, well in the end i was us or Melbourne but there was an openness about it and 2019 there appears to be no pre meditated desire lagging over from 2018 for a team to win the GF. I think its there for the taking but we are going to have to be good (obviously)
                  100% agree about the NRLís fix that we broke in 2013. It made the Establishment even more determined for a red and green fairytale in 2014 and it was all the more obvious thanks to our 2013 success.

2014 made me so sick I donít think I will ever recover.
                  I love porcelain hand dryers.

Comment

Originally posted by The Brain View Post
                    DAs Trew said its an ego thing some players wanna live off that one comp.Look at 14 we were a great side so was 2003/4 but some guys didnt put in again . 2013-15 couldve won 3 in a row.
                    It seems difficult these days to maintain the rage.
                    I have no doubt on paper this year we have the best team and by rights they should win again ...have they the head space?
                    Hopefully having a smart guy like Cronk amongst the players will get their heads sorted.

Comment

Originally posted by Kingbilly View Post
                      Yes, 2018 was a decent season because 4 teams finished equal 1st and it was literally anybody's season.

2013 I reckon we even surprised ourselves.

The parallel I see is that in both 2013 and 2018 we were building a team that many expected to click in the following season. Instead, we clicked towards the end of the season and ended up winning the comp. IMO the surprise factor of this was massive. In both seasons we started a little slow and many started to write us off.

2018 One of the best things that happened was that Billy Slater pulled all sorts of strings to have a suspension waived. That was a shoulder charge - he shouldn't have played in his last GF. The upshot was that the Storm got no sympathy. They'd already played their trump card and they played it way too early.

2019? Thus far it's nobody's year. Cam Smith's signed a 2 year contract son we won't get him trying to use retirement as a trump card. I can't yet picture who our competition will be.

Comment

Penrith and Brisbane.

Along with us that'll be 3 of the 4 Prelim finalists, injuries permitting.

Comment

looks like brisbane could be quite formidable especially now they've offloaded their cranky old coach to souths

Comment

will melbourne still be in the top 4 mix? probably? so tha6t kills off souths, newcastle and merge let alone sharkies?

Comment

important we finish top 2 to negate the suncorp influence, now allianz is no more will the nrl accept the scg as a top level venue?

Comment

Working...
                              X