Aus Indigenous v NZ Māori

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aus Indigenous v NZ Māori

The NRL has tinkered with the All Stars game after a years hiatus and I reckon they’ve got it right this year.

Rugby League is often referred to as a tribal sport and this game is a great way to celebrate two cultures who have embraced the game and taken it to another level over the years.

State of Origin is seen as the pinnacle of games and administrations have been trying to harness and replicate it over the years. They’ve have recent success with Tonga thanks to a player led unity to play for their heritage over money. And I think it’s happened again with this game.

With Latrell Mitchell skipping a trip to Europe to play for our team in a World Challenge Cup and being thanked by his Indigenous teammates by being asked to lead the war cry, I think we are about to witness something special, just like another Rooster in Artie Beetson leading QLD in the first Origin game.

I for one, am pumped about this game and am going to see it live.
    Cant wait.
    Get out of the way, I'm next

im looking fwd to watching on friday night and praying for an injury free latrell

Comment

Originally posted by The Skeez View Post
      The NRL has tinkered with the All Stars game after a years hiatus and I reckon they’ve got it right this year.

Rugby League is often referred to as a tribal sport and this game is a great way to celebrate two cultures who have embraced the game and taken it to another level over the years.

State of Origin is seen as the pinnacle of games and administrations have been trying to harness and replicate it over the years. They’ve have recent success with Tonga thanks to a player led unity to play for their heritage over money. And I think it’s happened again with this game.

With Latrell Mitchell skipping a trip to Europe to play for our team in a World Challenge Cup and being thanked by his Indigenous teammates by being asked to lead the war cry, I think we are about to witness something special, just like another Rooster in Artie Beetson leading QLD in the first Origin game.

I for one, am pumped about this game and am going to see it live.
      Cant wait.
      Yeah me too. Good stuff.
      Making Steve Naughton look like Vince Mellars...

Comment

Look at the skill in personnel in those teams....combinations clicking pending, it should be a cracker.

I]SBW at the beach .[/I]

Comment

I haven't become all that enthused about it, to be honest. But gee it's great to hear some of you guys/girls getting pumped for it and I'll definitely be watching it now. I hope it does turn out to be another 'Origin-like' game that becomes an annual event and the heroics of both teams become a part of footy folklore. Proud moment for Latrell, no doubt.

Comment

potential aust team

1. Greg Inglis,
            2. Josh Addo-Carr,
            3. Latrell Mitchell,
            4. James Roberts,
            5. Dane Gagai,
            6. Cody Walker,
            7. Johnathan Thurston/Ash Taylor,
            8. Andrew Fifita,
            9. Nathan Peats,
            10. Ryan James,
            11. Joel Thompson,
            12. Wade Graham,
            13. Jack Bird. Reserves:
            14. Tyrone Peachey,
            15. Sam Thaiday,
            16. Adam Elliott,
            17. David Fifita.

potential nz squad

1. Kalyn Ponga,
            2. Jordan Rapana,
            3. Dylan Walker,
            4. Dean Whare,
            5. Dallin Watene-Zelezniak,
            6. Corey Norman,
            7. Benji Marshall,
            8. Jesse Bromwich,
            9. Issac Luke,
            10. Jordan McLean,
            11. Tohu Harris,
            12. Corey Harawira-Naera,
            13. Elijah Taylor. Reserves:
            14. Kodi Nikorima,
            15. James Tamou,
            16. Joseph Tapine,
            17. Russell Packer.
            1911 1912 1913 1923 1935 1936 1937 1940 1945 1974 1975 2002 2013 2018 2019

Comment

Isn’t Gagai turning out for the Maori side?

Comment

Originally posted by OMR View Post
                Isn’t Gagai turning out for the Maori side?
                Just like Josh Hoffman and even Thurston, could play for either.

Thats also why he doesn’t sing the Aus anthem at games. He considers himself more kiwi than Aussie.
                Get out of the way, I'm next

Comment

not sure why you posted potential teams, the teams are up on NRL.
                  Thankfully Ingli$ is no where to be seen
                  The Internet is a place for posting silly things
                  Try and be serious and you will look stupid
                  sigpic

Comment

Did I heard right they’ve handed captaincy to Cody walker? Wtf if true
                    Written and published on behalf of the Liberal Party, Queensland

Comment

Originally posted by Kingbilly View Post
                      not sure why you posted potential teams, the teams are up on NRL.
                      Thankfully Ingli$ is no where to be seen
                      Because. There wasnt the team list out then
                      1911 1912 1913 1923 1935 1936 1937 1940 1945 1974 1975 2002 2013 2018 2019

Comment

Originally posted by The Skeez View Post

Just like Josh Hoffman and even Thurston, could play for either.

Thats also why he doesn’t sing the Aus anthem at games. He considers himself more kiwi than Aussie.
                        Thurston considers himself more kiwi than Aussie?

Comment

Originally posted by roosterproud View Post

Because. There wasnt the team list out then
                          It had been onthe NRL site for a while, but the funniest thing was the one on FB that still had Ben Barba as fullback
                          The Internet is a place for posting silly things
                          Try and be serious and you will look stupid
                          sigpic

Comment

Question - why do we say maw-ri when everybody from NZ says moo-ri? I know thems peoples across the dutch are a weird bunch but I presume they know better on this one and the media crew coulda putten a bit of effort into getting it right.

Comment

Originally posted by Kingbilly View Post

It had been onthe NRL site for a while, but the funniest thing was the one on FB that still had Ben Barba as fullback
                              Loved it how GI was there and the media kept saying 'yes... GI... who unfortunately can't play tonight'. Because he got done farking DUI and got to use a meaningless exhibition match as part of his pathetic 2 game suspension.

IMO they shoulda farked the guy off and said 'you're not welcome at the stadium as you and Barba are an embarrassment!!! Suspensions don't include exhibition matches with unlimited interchanges and 20 minute quarters either, bro...'

Comment

Working...
                              X