Morris

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Morris

I've got a feeling he's in for a huge season with the Chooks. I've always liked him, and even though he's a little long of tooth, I reckon he's got a lot to offer.

Huge shoes to fill with Fergo gone, but he's his own player.

I just don't like how he stepped on the sideline in the 2010 GF.

Yes I like him too. Always have.

Comment

Hard not to see the parallels with Brett Mullins in 2002 ... both full on stars, if near the end of the careers; both sons of former Roosters; both called Brett FFS.

Comment

He will be very good for us. Try scoring fiend.

Comment

Originally posted by Thirteen View Post
          I just don't like how he stepped on the sideline in the 2010 GF.

Yes I like him too. Always have.
          And he didnt step on the sideline mate, he had a toe in the grandstand.

Comment

Hahah
            Making Steve Naughton look like Vince Mellars...

Comment

I wonder if our guys who played in 2010 give it to him. Who would that be? Jared, Jake, Boyd, Aubbo?
              Making Steve Naughton look like Vince Mellars...

Comment

Originally posted by Bansai Pipeline View Post
                I've got a feeling he's in for a huge season with the Chooks. I've always liked him, and even though he's a little long of tooth, I reckon he's got a lot to offer.

Huge shoes to fill with Fergo gone, but he's his own player.
                Be interesting. Pretty much the exact opposite of Fergo really.

Fergo... huge, athletic and has about as many amazing touches as he does bloopers.

Morris... average height/size but darn good touches every time he gets that ball.

I figure they will even each other out. We won't gain as many metres from Morris or have those moments where he scores out of nothing (or does a brilliant tackle outta nowhere). However, Morris' lack of 1st tackle unforced errors leading to turnovers will mean there's far less pressure on us defensively. ALSO... Manu, Latrell and Teddy will have more metres in them to make up for Fergo's absence.

Comment

Personally, I would have used the money spent on Morris and Hall to retain Fergo. Surely it would have been close?
                  Exonerate the West Memphis Three - www.wm3.org

Comment

Originally posted by Roosterfarian View Post
                    Personally, I would have used the money spent on Morris and Hall to retain Fergo. Surely it would have been close?
                    Parra offered him the stability of a 3 year deal.................................I don't think it would've been wise to do that.

Comment

Morris will be our crowd pleaser should score plenty off Manu
                      Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe

Comment

He's one of those players that even opposition fans like. No trouble at all, no girlfriend bashing, drug taking, dog rooting, nothing.

Comment

More often than not he played a blinder against us. I kind of hated him.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny73 View Post
                            He's one of those players that even opposition fans like. No trouble at all, no girlfriend bashing, drug taking, dog rooting, nothing.
                            Can't see him fitting in then.
                            Exonerate the West Memphis Three - www.wm3.org

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny73 View Post
                              Fergo circa 2013 was the best.

I remember him being the highlight of our home game against them:
                              1. Maloney pulled his shoe off and chucked it into the crowd so he had to hobble around with 1 shoe on (best move ever!!!)
                              2. He had a try disallowed and everybody was yelling 'NO MEANS NO!!!'
                              3. After that he scored at least one try where he scored then pretended to pull his fist our of his arse before giving Roosters fans and the cameras the bird.

Fergo is an awesome arch enemy. He's passionate, polarises people and always puts on a good show. I'm gonna miss him big time!

Comment

Working...
                              X