• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thirteen
    started a topic Roosters sign Cronk Replacement

Roosters sign Cronk Replacement

According to The Mole:
    The Roosters have snapped up Leigh halfback Drew Hutchison from England as the possible long-term replacement for veteran Cooper Cronk.

• ism22
    replied
    Originally posted by Louis N View Post
    I think the headline of that signing story was simply an attention grabber. With the proviso of 'potential' Cronk replacement. Had it just read Roosters sign Drew Hutchison, outside of Easts fans nobody would have read the second line. Only the Dragons fans knew much about him. Still I hope he thrives in our system. Another Matto size half in town.
    A mate who supports the Dragons remembers him and was like 'yeah he's pretty ordinary ay'.

Leave a comment:

• Louis N
    replied
    I think the headline of that signing story was simply an attention grabber. With the proviso of 'potential' Cronk replacement. Had it just read Roosters sign Drew Hutchison, outside of Easts fans nobody would have read the second line. Only the Dragons fans knew much about him. Still I hope he thrives in our system. Another Matto size half in town.

Leave a comment:

• ism22
    replied
    "On 8 July 2015, he captained the New South Wales under-20s team."

Leadership's good to have. Given he's from the Gong (like Hastings) and has had a tougher time making it to first grade I wonder if he's the dude who was always ahead of Hastings in the pecking order down the Gong?

His looks remind me of Ash Taylor... big boofie half with a bit of a baby face.

Leave a comment:

• roosterproud
    replied
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B2CQhhC0SgM

some hightlights

Leave a comment:

• The Brain
    replied
    I thought he went alright as youngy..only left because Saints signed The Saviour Ben Hunt.He will join Finch in folklore

Leave a comment:

• ism22
    replied
    Originally posted by Easts75 View Post

played a few first grade games for them, 4 i think. Big half, over 6ft and is close to 100kg.
    Lets be serious though, we arent replacing Cronk long term with a player that was discarded to super league. However he could do a job for us with injuries etc which is obviously what he was signed for
    Yep it sounds a bit like the story being run that 'the Roosters have snapped up Omar Slime-Ankle to replace RTS'. Never played a game of NRL (but got FB of the year in reserve grade)...

Leave a comment:

• The Marshall
    replied
    Unless some miracle transformation has occurred I agree with the first few posts, he doesn’t look a long term Cronk replacement.

Leave a comment:

• stephenj
    replied
    i hope he likes wearing norths jersey?

Leave a comment:

• Easts75
    replied
    Originally posted by Fairfax View Post
    Wasn't he a Dragons junior?
    played a few first grade games for them, 4 i think. Big half, over 6ft and is close to 100kg.
    Lets be serious though, we arent replacing Cronk long term with a player that was discarded to super league. However he could do a job for us with injuries etc which is obviously what he was signed for

Leave a comment:

• Fairfax
    replied
    Wasn't he a Dragons junior?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X