Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Napa drama, NRL investigating Roosters players involvement.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Napa drama, NRL investigating Roosters players involvement.

The Roosters are set to become the new focus of the Dylan Napa sex tapes scandal with the NRL to widen their investigation to include both current and former players.

We have been told the NRL have finished interviewing Napa and will now turn their attention to the other players involved in the now infamous WhatsApp chat group.

Phones could be seized as part of the investigation.

Bulldogs recruit Napa is facing punishment over a series of lewd tapes that have been leaked on social media.

Napa confirmed to the NRL that the videos were filmed during his five-year stint with the Roosters and were posted on a WhatsApp chat group used exclusively by members of his former club.

Both current and former Roosters players could face punishment with the NRL now set to investigate the entire chat group.

Napa will not learn his fate until the investigation is concluded.

Napa and his lawyers are understood to have fully co-operated with the NRL during a series of interviews.

The prospect of a wide-ranging investigation into chat groups has already prompted one club to shut down a WhatsApp chat group.

The club also issued guidelines for using the social media application and warned of punishment for inappropriate posts.

It is understood Napa’s new club, the Bulldogs, may seek compensation should the NRL decide to suspend Napa.

JAMES PHELPS, The Sunday Telegraph

No crimes committed as I can tell. Given that, fck off NRL - you shouldn’t have any jurisdiction here.
    Making Steve Naughton look like Vince Mellars...

Comment

Hang on i'm trying to get my head around this. A old Whats App video message showing the Napster having consensual sex surfaces and its a problem for what reason??

Just thinking about the Souths sexting debacle that was cleared because the NRL investigations found all the interactions were consensual. Did the NRL ever investigate why the females complaints made in May to the club were ignored? Did they really believe it was because her emails went into the clubs junk mail and thus overlooked? Did they ever ask George Burgess what he meant by his statement to the press that Sam "made a mistake". Im not saying it was Sam-his mistake may have been letting other players use his social media? Did the NRL ever ask exactly what was the purpose of this woman making the complaint? Was she after money to keep quiet about something that was consensual?? In the end the woman stood by her complaints but was afraid of what life would be for her if her identity was exposed....cant blame her for that as the average Souths fan is feral.

Anyhow my point is not to beat up Souths ( although its enjoyable!)......it is that if you use "consensual" to let off the Souths players then what exactly is Napa's crime? They going to suspend him because someone released the video? He was doing nothing illegal. If Napa is embarrassed by the video then thats bad luck for him.....but its really none of the NRL's business

Comment

Originally posted by Random Rooster View Post
        Hang on i'm trying to get my head around this. A old Whats App video message showing the Napster having consensual sex surfaces and its a problem for what reason??

Just thinking about the Souths sexting debacle that was cleared because the NRL investigations found all the interactions were consensual. Did the NRL ever investigate why the females complaints made in May to the club were ignored? Did they really believe it was because her emails went into the clubs junk mail and thus overlooked? Did they ever ask George Burgess what he meant by his statement to the press that Sam "made a mistake". Im not saying it was Sam-his mistake may have been letting other players use his social media? Did the NRL ever ask exactly what was the purpose of this woman making the complaint? Was she after money to keep quiet about something that was consensual?? In the end the woman stood by her complaints but was afraid of what life would be for her if her identity was exposed....cant blame her for that as the average Souths fan is feral.

Anyhow my point is not to beat up Souths ( although its enjoyable!)......it is that if you use "consensual" to let off the Souths players then what exactly is Napa's crime? They going to suspend him because someone released the video? He was doing nothing illegal. If Napa is embarrassed by the video then thats bad luck for him.....but its really none of the NRL's business
        The NRL will tell you that the major difference is that the Napa video's have been made public whereas to my knowledge, the Burgess video wasn't

Comment

A while ago, someone on this forum posted a link that allowed you to open restricted Web pages such as the league articles from the daily telegraph. Can anyone remember what thay was?

Comment

Outline.com

i use it for other uses
            Written and published on behalf of the Liberal Party, Queensland

Comment

Yet Burgess gets off. At least his wife made him pay.

Comment

Originally posted by The Axe View Post
                Outline.com

i use it for other uses
                Off topic, what other uses?
                ..it’ll be interesting to see

Comment

A great post RR.

Only one correction though - the NRL did not perform the investigation - it was all done internally by the filthy Vermin, although one member of the Integrity Unit sat in to try and make it look legit.

But you are 100% correct in all of your other points, including that Souffs bashing is fun!!

Comment

Originally posted by The Axe View Post
                    Outline.com

i use it for other uses
                    Not working for me.

Comment

greenburg better watch his step very carefully here, to accuse people of historical actions then to try and censure them for that could involve him in breaking a few laws opening up the individual to legal redress in the form of law suites, Australia is now a very litigious society the younger generation being keen to follow that route of action! of course major accusations against our club could see major push back from us as well! you might remember us the minor and major premiers!

Comment

It's a "get back at the roosters" campaign led by #greeturd and Karyn Murphy.
                        Fark 'em. I hope Uncle Nic tells them to bring it on.

Comment

As far as phones being seized, I am thinking that only the police can do that when an alleged crime has been committed. I would assume privacy laws would come into play and prevent the NRL from seizing phones.

Comment

Originally posted by Kelby View Post
                            It's a "get back at the roosters" campaign led by #greeturd and Karyn Murphy.
                            Fark 'em. I hope Uncle Nic tells them to bring it on.
                            No I think its an optics thing...if the media sensationalise anything involving the players now Greenburg will act, or at least want to be seen to be acting.

Similar to Pearce in fact worse, but not worthy of the hysteria being generated.

Comment

It's a problem because someone leaked the videos. Napa reported this to police did he not?

Similar to revenge sex tapes, people who were found to have released the videos will be in trouble. I hope for our boys sake nothing incriminating appears in those whatsapp group comes up

Comment

Working...
                              X