Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Shaqui Mitchell

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Shaqui Mitchell

    In all the training photos, the big guy is no where to be seen. I have read that he is trialling in the US as he is keen on playing gridiron. Does that mean he will be cut from our 2019 squad of thirty? Maybe a spot for Ikavalu !

  • #2
    I don't think he will be part of our squad going forward into 2019, just a stop gap number to make up squad numbers until the final squad is decided.

    If he does not make the NFL and he is fit, (which you would assume he would be if trialing for NFL) he may get a spot at Norths.

    Maybe it was a little bonus for Latrell.

    Also I think Napa was also on the November squad list.

    Current squad on the Roosters website has Ikavalu in the side and no Shaq Mitchell see link below

    https://www.roosters.com.au/teams/?c...11&team=500001

    Comment


    • #3
      Possibly in hospital getting a procedure, a sleeve on his stomach I think.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by "gaz" View Post
        I don't think he will be part of our squad going forward into 2019, just a stop gap number to make up squad numbers until the final squad is decided.

        If he does not make the NFL and he is fit, (which you would assume he would be if trialing for NFL) he may get a spot at Norths.

        Maybe it was a little bonus for Latrell.

        Also I think Napa was also on the November squad list.

        Current squad on the Roosters website has Ikavalu in the side and no Shaq Mitchell see link below

        https://www.roosters.com.au/teams/?c...11&team=500001
        Who is Chris Alvanos ?

        Comment


        • #5
          I heard Shaq's actually an ex-basketball player wanting to try his hand in the NRL having been impressed by Latrell's skills.

          Aged 46 he's 216cm tall and 150kg (so the 150kg checks out - pure muscle though, the guy is a beast never seen before in the NRL). Based on my experience playing NBA Jam as a kid, he's got a decent fend and can light balls on fire when he chains together a few consecutive tries.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by morley101 View Post

            Who is Chris Alvanos ?
            No idea who he is morley, cant find anything on him either
            A mystery.

            Comment


            • #7
              I think Chris Alvanos is a pseudo name for a player that we have not signed up as yet. Any hints from the training photos..maybe one of the Baker boys. However, the Baker boys may be eligible for Jersey Flegg ?
              Any thoughts please?

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Nonester1 View Post
                I think Chris Alvanos is a pseudo name for a player that we have not signed up as yet. Any hints from the training photos..maybe one of the Baker boys. However, the Baker boys may be eligible for Jersey Flegg ?
                Any thoughts please?
                I was thinking something similar...another Mickie Lane perhaps?


                I]SBW at the beach .[/I]

                Comment


                • #9
                  Did cross my mind it was an alias name, however they usually only print alias names during a "trial game" for a player that's unsigned. The players listed on the program are then only given out on the day of the trial.
                  Can not find any info on this player
                  Yet here it is on the Roosters web page,
                  Also if he has been signed and listed, why the alias?

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by "gaz" View Post
                    Did cross my mind it was an alias name, however they usually only print alias names during a "trial game" for a player that's unsigned. The players listed on the program are then only given out on the day of the trial.
                    Can not find any info on this player
                    Yet here it is on the Roosters web page,
                    Also if he has been signed and listed, why the alias?
                    Cooling off period?
                    "This has been the case against the Roosters for decades" - TR, Roosters 2-11 Penalty Count V Manly 28/03/2014

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      he looks more like Chris Smith...

                      https://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl...act=mrc&uact=8
                      1911 1912 1913 1923 1935 1936 1937 1940 1945 1974 1975 2002 2013 2018 2019

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        That is Chris Smith did he change his name?

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Also has him listed as a back

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Id be happy to see Chris Smith back.


                            I]SBW at the beach .[/I]

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Jacks Fur Coat View Post
                              Id be happy to see Chris Smith back.
                              It isn't Chris Smith
                              Chris Smith is still with Bulldogs

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X