Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jwh

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #46
    Originally posted by NorfolkStreetKid View Post

    He says he is a lawyer as if that's a good thing or gives him some credibility......demented egocentric more like it. Keeps ranting ridiculous nonsensical, disrespectful rubbish, obviously has no respect for the game or it's history. Probably thinks 20/20 is more important than test cricket as well. I think this clown places far too much value on his uneducated opinion, admits he never actually saw a live game from the 60s or 70s, yet continues to argue a case which can never be proven, typical lawyer, can you imagine what Artie would have done to this clown if he mouthed off in this way to his face... he would be crying in a corner sucking his thumb.
    Apart from just being a fkn idiot, he presents as a genuine trolls troll.

    Be good if he found some other house to haunt.


    I]SBW at the beach .[/I]

    Comment


    • #47
      Originally posted by NorfolkStreetKid View Post

      He says he is a lawyer as if that's a good thing or gives him some credibility......demented egocentric more like it. Keeps ranting ridiculous nonsensical, disrespectful rubbish, obviously has no respect for the game or it's history. Probably thinks 20/20 is more important than test cricket as well. I think this clown places far too much value on his uneducated opinion, admits he never actually saw a live game from the 60s or 70s, yet continues to argue a case which can never be proven, typical lawyer, can you imagine what Artie would have done to this clown if he mouthed off in this way to his face... he would be crying in a corner sucking his thumb.
      I have grown over the years to like Ism, after a very rough start. He has been here for years, unlike you, and has plenty of friends on here.

      And Artie would have just laughed it off.

      Comment


      • #48
        Our most important forward by a mile. We can barely win without him.

        Comment


        • #49
          Love JWH and his love for the mighty Roosters. Absolutely despise corey parker for, in my humble opinion, "awkwardly" hitting JWH's knee in a tackle that caused the ACL injury. A tackle for which the queenslander parker escaped sanction in 2015.
          "The price of freedom is eternal vigilance."

          Thomas Jefferson

          Comment


          • #50
            Originally posted by NorfolkStreetKid View Post

            He says he is a lawyer as if that's a good thing or gives him some credibility......demented egocentric more like it. Keeps ranting ridiculous nonsensical, disrespectful rubbish, obviously has no respect for the game or it's history. Probably thinks 20/20 is more important than test cricket as well. I think this clown places far too much value on his uneducated opinion, admits he never actually saw a live game from the 60s or 70s, yet continues to argue a case which can never be proven, typical lawyer, can you imagine what Artie would have done to this clown if he mouthed off in this way to his face... he would be crying in a corner sucking his thumb.
            Actually I say it to highlight to fact I'm anything but a rough old boy from the mines. I'm the exact opposite in that I'm a softie who works in an office. Put two and two together... if a soft office worker who does a bit of weights and jogging is physically more intimidating than the best example of 'big' you can find from the 60s (i.e. a wog from England who never played in Australia so zero chance you woulda seen him play) then what does it make players of that era? Duh. The fact my professional background makes you feel all insecure (because you're an under-achieving rich kid from the eastern suburbs) is your own internal conflict that I cannot solve, bruh.

            Again, are you 75-80 years old or are you making up experiences that were fed to you by your grandpa? The irony is that I actually watched rough as guts footy as a kid in the Gong (i.e. Thirroul Butchers ya wanka - nuance nuance nuance... oh forget it I can't teach a softie from the rich suburbs of Sydney what it was like growing up in a true working class mining/footy town). Hint - most of the 60s/70s players went to the mines after footy and I grew up with them + their kids being wankaz to me.

            Long story short, I was a wog kid who was bullied bullied by the kids of all the miners (regularly softie ex footy players) for being a 'rich wog'. That's why I got into sports and why... nudge nudge... I'm not scared of durry munching miners. I am not scared of them. I know exactly how they play footy and they're rough as guts bullies... yes but they're all half-baked compared to true professionals like JWH... who is a highly trained killing machine rather than a big boy from the pub.

            I can run you through a list of failed sons of miners (aka 60s footy players) who ended up smoking ice and heroin in the old tunnels out the back of Coledale if you like. Most of the guys from the gong who made it were from good families and were not rough as guts miners... I speak no BS.

            So yes your grandpa taught you that JWH and SBW wouldn't have survived in the 1960s. I call BS and will continue to call BS. It's laughable how you think you were there watching footy 60+ years ago! Go back to watching Rocky Balboa movies while imagining how tough you woulda been if you'd grown up with a wog from the mines in the gong as a father rather than an eastern suburbs ponce with false memories of doing it tough in the 60s. You're basic, son.
            Last edited by ism22; 01-25-2019, 09:58 AM.

            Comment


            • #51
              Originally posted by ism22 View Post
              I speak no BS.
              lol you speak more bullshit than anyone I've ever come across you unhinged maniac. Tell us more about how Artie is a fat slob but JWH is a killing machine (despite never having killed anyone).

              Perhaps if you dropped the insults to club legends and hyperbole and simply proposed your arguments rationally then you might get a better reception.

              Originally posted by ism22 View Post
              ​​​​​​Long story short.
              lol again. Even when prefacing one of your rants with "long story short" you still can't help but give us the long version of your life & amazing athletic deeds.

              And you mockingly state that we should go back to watching Rocky Balboa, seemingly oblivious to the fact that most of your rants tend to devolve into a Rocky like retelling of your own underdog sporting achievements.

              What delicious irony. If anyone has watched too much Rocky, it's clearly you.

              Comment


              • #52
                Calm down kids. We are premiers.

                Comment


                • #53
                  Originally posted by Tommy Smith View Post
                  lol you speak more bullshit than anyone I've ever come across you unhinged maniac. Tell us more about how Artie is a fat slob but JWH is a killing machine (despite never having killed anyone).

                  Perhaps if you dropped the insults to club legends and hyperbole and simply proposed your arguments rationally then you might get a better reception.


                  lol again. Even when prefacing one of your rants with "long story short" you still can't help but give us the long version of your life & amazing athletic deeds.

                  And you mockingly state that we should go back to watching Rocky Balboa, seemingly oblivious to the fact that most of your rants tend to devolve into a Rocky like retelling of your own underdog sporting achievements.

                  What delicious irony. If anyone has watched too much Rocky, it's clearly you.
                  1. Your argument centres around you having to be 75 years old to have experienced stereotypical working class battlers playing dirty in the 60s. Reality... you're not even 30 yet and live in a posh part of Sydney. Bite me you silly toff.
                  2. Your best example of a big dude in 60s footy is a 5'11 dude who was 85kg and only ever played in England (bit of Google-fu for 'rugby league big legs' I take it). Please Google Jared Waerea-Hargreaves. What height and weight is he? Please.
                  3. Void of an argument other than a parochial appeal to working class miners (and brutally exposed after a barrage of personal attacks against me have gotten you nowhere) you've attempted to borrow my satifical comments but without the satire. I am very sorry this didn't work out for you my friend.

                  Anyhow, I'm sick of your rubbish. As Tobin said, we're both winners and should just enjoy what we've got or we'll end up in prison like him.

                  I offer you a peace treaty. The 60s were awesome by all accounts and we will never see anything that rough and tumble again. On the same note (like swimming where each generation of record holders refuses to say that the last was worse despite objective evidence that world heroes were doing what would be considered amateur times these days)... science, training, money and equipment has forever improved sports. Today's athletes are like robots in terms of fitness, skills and precision. Thus, comparing JWH to Artie is not an apples and apples scenario (not is it a useful one). We will never know what Artie mighta been with the benefit of modern training, science, equipment, professionalism...etc. I picture a far more chiseled and skillful version however, which would certainly be a scary sight!

                  Comment


                  • #54
                    Izzy....................you're offending those of us that grew up watching Artie, Mullins, Peard, Mayes, Coote, Reilly, etc, etc, play.
                    Comparing different eras is gonna lead to different opinions, but I dont see where your argument stacks up.
                    Glad you love the modern game.
                    I just wish the rules were a bit different.

                    Comment


                    • #55
                      Always fun to muse over who would be better than who if they were plonked into the same era, and it does provide entertaining and robust discussion, but I think the real value is to look at how each player dominated or showed their value in passion, performance and loyalty in their own era, compared to the passion, performance and loyalty other players showed in their own respective eras....

                      Comment


                      • #56
                        Originally posted by ism22 View Post

                        1. Your argument centres around you having to be 75 years old to have experienced stereotypical working class battlers playing dirty in the 60s. Reality... you're not even 30 yet and live in a posh part of Sydney. Bite me you silly toff.
                        2. Your best example of a big dude in 60s footy is a 5'11 dude who was 85kg and only ever played in England (bit of Google-fu for 'rugby league big legs' I take it). Please Google Jared Waerea-Hargreaves. What height and weight is he? Please.
                        3. Void of an argument other than a parochial appeal to working class miners (and brutally exposed after a barrage of personal attacks against me have gotten you nowhere) you've attempted to borrow my satifical comments but without the satire. I am very sorry this didn't work out for you my friend.

                        Anyhow, I'm sick of your rubbish. As Tobin said, we're both winners and should just enjoy what we've got or we'll end up in prison like him.

                        I offer you a peace treaty. The 60s were awesome by all accounts and we will never see anything that rough and tumble again. On the same note (like swimming where each generation of record holders refuses to say that the last was worse despite objective evidence that world heroes were doing what would be considered amateur times these days)... science, training, money and equipment has forever improved sports. Today's athletes are like robots in terms of fitness, skills and precision. Thus, comparing JWH to Artie is not an apples and apples scenario (not is it a useful one). We will never know what Artie mighta been with the benefit of modern training, science, equipment, professionalism...etc. I picture a far more chiseled and skillful version however, which would certainly be a scary sight!
                        I really wish I lived in a posh part of Sydney.

                        I grew up in a crummy flat surrounded by looneys and drug abusers on a shitty council estate in a glum northern English city.

                        So not quite Vaucluse

                        Oh and I'm 32.

                        So yes I did see Craig Fitzgibbon, having been a Roosters fan since mid 1999.

                        Anyway I accept your truce and from now on we'll just have to take each others rubbish with a grain of salt.

                        Though I still don't understand how Cameron Smith aka the Accountant can tackle modern day killing machines 45 times a week for 16 years but Bunny Reilly or Noel Kelly could not (especially after a couple of off seasons with the advantages of modern training).

                        Comment


                        • #57
                          Originally posted by Headless Chook View Post
                          I'm still trying to work out when Rod Wishart's legs were considered the biggest in the NRL! Les Boyd, Noel Cleal, Olsen Filipaina and Panda Andrews just to name a few had bigger legs than Wishart in the 80's
                          Don't forget Kurt Sorenson ,, he had legs like farking tree trunks !

                          Comment


                          • #58
                            His defence was standout last season
                            "Qui audet adipiscitur"

                            WHO DARES WINS

                            Comment


                            • #59
                              Just on this comparison yesteryear v athletes of today etc. Some of you may remember when Sonny Bill Williams, the epitome of the professional athlete in his prime, ending his promising boxing career fighting a fat old guy in his late forties, South African Frances Botha. After ten rounds they called time on the match (scheduled for twelve) when Botha started hammering Sonny who was getting the staggers bad.

                              All bets were cancelled after the controversial ending. This demonstrates the folly of purely looking at something from ONE angle. Botha was given no chance. But he was tough as teak, had skill and could actually box. And he finished all over the top of SBW. In fact, I remember another fat guy called Wally Lewis running rings around a super fit Ray Price, Mr Perpetual Motion, regularly in SOO. Wally was never going to win in the fitness stakes.

                              So before trashing the legends that made this club great, ala the ludicrous comments made about one of our greatest ever in Big Artie, re JWH brushing him off with his pinkie. Why not honour those who dug the well for those like JWH. I love Jared, he's a Rooster great for mine as I've posted. But no harm in respecting the Joe Pearce's, Ray Stehr's, Jack Gibsons and Beetsons before him.

                              Comparisons are relative to the time only and most are purely subjective banter. You can only ever play what's in front of you. And ism22 a little bit of respect can go a long way. We can laud JWH's talents without denigrating others. And those who dug the well at least deserve mine and will always have it.
                              Last edited by Louis N; 01-25-2019, 04:49 PM.

                              Comment


                              • #60
                                Originally posted by ism22 View Post

                                1. Your argument centres around you having to be 75 years old to have experienced stereotypical working class battlers playing dirty in the 60s. Reality... you're not even 30 yet and live in a posh part of Sydney. Bite me you silly toff.
                                2. Your best example of a big dude in 60s footy is a 5'11 dude who was 85kg and only ever played in England (bit of Google-fu for 'rugby league big legs' I take it). Please Google Jared Waerea-Hargreaves. What height and weight is he? Please.
                                3. Void of an argument other than a parochial appeal to working class miners (and brutally exposed after a barrage of personal attacks against me have gotten you nowhere) you've attempted to borrow my satifical comments but without the satire. I am very sorry this didn't work out for you my friend.

                                Anyhow, I'm sick of your rubbish. As Tobin said, we're both winners and should just enjoy what we've got or we'll end up in prison like him.

                                I offer you a peace treaty. The 60s were awesome by all accounts and we will never see anything that rough and tumble again. On the same note (like swimming where each generation of record holders refuses to say that the last was worse despite objective evidence that world heroes were doing what would be considered amateur times these days)... science, training, money and equipment has forever improved sports. Today's athletes are like robots in terms of fitness, skills and precision. Thus, comparing JWH to Artie is not an apples and apples scenario (not is it a useful one). We will never know what Artie mighta been with the benefit of modern training, science, equipment, professionalism...etc. I picture a far more chiseled and skillful version however, which would certainly be a scary sight!
                                Jizzman I don't believe anyone is bagging JWH or the modern athlete. Shit I was a prop and not small by any means and am dwarfed by U16 wingers now. My kids dwarf me. That is evolution.

                                The 60s - 80s era had players of all shapes and sizes. And fitness wasn't top priority, being a footy player was, and you had to be tough.

                                That isn't bagging the modern day player. They are tough and fit and skillful. Its great to watch.

                                You are bagging an era of humans who competed at a level that was above the norm, of the day. Like 1st graders now, they are bigger and more skilled and tougher than the average punter. Its all relative.

                                You are bagging those of us who grew up in the Eastern Suburbs. It wasn't like it is now mate. Shit I had to bop my way home often, all fun and games. It was a tough area before the 90s. Before most had to leave due to the spike in property prices.

                                A little story that fits this thread. Poocastle had Mal Reilly as a coach in the late 90s. I recall a story told by Chief Harrigan, a tough coal miner son who was big and fit and could throw them. He said when Reilly came to the club he was in his 60s then and had no knees due to years of terrorizing The Aussies as a no nonsense prop from the north of England. The man won a comp here and in England both as a player and coach, an extremely rare feat. Anyway they had this machine, unsure if it still exists, where these massive padded springs formed a rough tunnel and you were passed the pill and had to storm thru without stopping. It hurt and wasn't easy even for athletes built for it. Chief said that they were all behaving like pussies and stopping on their runs acting all hurt and sad. Apparently Reilly grabbed the ball called them all soft and in his 60s smashed his way thru it. The embaressment of the group changed the mentality. That year they won the comp, 97 I believe.

                                Point being it aint always about size or pace or being an athlete. Its in your head mate. If you want it badly enough you will get it done.

                                Cam Smiff is a great example. He is nicknamed the accountant for a reason. And Maubs is our example. The bloke isn't the best at anything but he has a bigger heart than anyone. Victa is of that ilk too, he ironically grew up in Bronte.

                                I love your passion mate but down grading the feats of semi pro athletes of past eras is wrong. Next you will say Messenger and Brown were bog average. Stehr was soft playing prop in 1st grade at 15.

                                Our game is built on legend. One day your son may come at you that JWH was a soft carnt. How will you respond???



                                The FlogPen .

                                You know it makes sense.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X