Butcher brothers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by roosterproud View Post
    GEEEZ WE HAVE HAD SOME BROTHERS IN OUR SQUAD IN RECENT YEARS. The Carneys, The Marscheks, Johnny and roger schek, The Perretts, Lats and Shaq, Lopini and MIckey paea, The Cornish brothers. (i think one came and 1 left) The Frei brothers from the 20s, leulaui brothers, Ryan and dean Matterson, maubs and jaubs. Thats of the top of my head but im sure there are more
    We had some underwhelming contributions from brothers in the 80s, like Brad & Matt Burke, Scott & Brett Gale, and Dane & Kurt Sorensen...
    (wish the Cleal brothers hung around a bit longer though)
    Last edited by HEGtheROOSTER; 01-23-2019, 09:06 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by roosterproud View Post
      GEEEZ WE HAVE HAD SOME BROTHERS IN OUR SQUAD IN RECENT YEARS. The Carneys, The Marscheks, Johnny and roger schek, The Perretts, Lats and Shaq, Lopini and MIckey paea, The Cornish brothers. (i think one came and 1 left) The Frei brothers from the 20s, leulaui brothers, Ryan and dean Matterson, maubs and jaubs. Thats of the top of my head but im sure there are more
      Be nice if we could have a set of brothers where one didn’t suck, and both could actually play first grade together like the Stewarts,Walters,Morris,turbos,Mortimers.

but as long as keeping the worse one means keeping the better one, I’ll take that as good enough.

Comment

[QUOTE=Thirteen;n773808]
        Originally posted by Louis N View Post

Strange comparison with Johns.
        I think Nat is too short. Gallen is a once-off and a machine. I’d love to be wrong about Nat but I don’t reckon he will be anything but a very average first grade depth player.
        im just gonna name some forwards who are roughly the same height or shorter that go ok.

Leeson Ah Mau, Nathan Brown, Matt Scott, Jake Trbojevic, Manu Ma'u, Tim Mannah, Cameron Murray, Tyrone Peachey, Aiden Tolman, Josh McGuire, Paul Gallen, Josh Papalii, Victor Radley

None of those players are more than 1cm taller than Nat Butcher, his height is not an issue.

Comment

[QUOTE=Thirteen;n773808]

Strange comparison with Johns.
          I think Nat is too short. Gallen is a once-off and a machine. I’d love to be wrong about Nat but I don’t reckon he will be anything but a very average first grade depth player.
          It's a given now, he will have a great year.
          Sickie Lame .... King of Bestiality

Comment

However, he certainly needs to put more weight on. Look at the size of the forwards mentioned by Moose. Look what ten or more kilos did for Matterson. He was very average before he bulked up.

Comment

Originally posted by Nonester1 View Post
              However, he certainly needs to put more weight on. Look at the size of the forwards mentioned by Moose. Look what ten or more kilos did for Matterson. He was very average before he bulked up.
              he also played a different position before he bulked up. Matto bulked up to get a starting spot as 2nd row/ lock.
              1911 1912 1913 1923 1935 1936 1937 1940 1945 1974 1975 2002 2013 2018 2019 2020

Comment

[QUOTE=Moose;n773837]
                Originally posted by Thirteen View Post

im just gonna name some forwards who are roughly the same height or shorter that go ok.

Leeson Ah Mau, Nathan Brown, Matt Scott, Jake Trbojevic, Manu Ma'u, Tim Mannah, Cameron Murray, Tyrone Peachey, Aiden Tolman, Josh McGuire, Paul Gallen, Josh Papalii, Victor Radley

None of those players are more than 1cm taller than Nat Butcher, his height is not an issue.
                Sam Moa
                Making Steve Naughton look like Vince Mellars...

Comment

How did he look in reserve grade last year, ie did he look a cut above? If not, then Louis is probably on the money.

Comment

Originally posted by Chookies74 View Post
                    How did he look in reserve grade last year, ie did he look a cut above? If not, then Louis is probably on the money.
                    This quoting and requoting gets a touch confusing. I think it was Thirteen not Louis who threw the bucket of water on Nat.

Guess it remains to be seen..

Comment

I reckon he went alright in first grade last year
                      ..it’ll be interesting to see

Comment

Marty and Bernie Gurr late 70's/early 80's - did one of all time favourite Chook players from the past Spiro Strattos have a brother? - I seem to recall he may have?

Comment

Originally posted by Kelby View Post

All good, I have my opinion and you have yours.
                          I happy to say thou Curran will play more A games then Nat.
                          Get back to me in 10 years ok!
                          If neither of you mind.....I'll hold the betting money until 2029.

Comment

Will be a while yet before Egan gets his change I think, but he could be a very good player.
                            Curran I am not a fan of, happy to see him prove me wrong but for me a lot of hype and drop ball in the limited games I have seen him play
                            The Internet is a place for posting silly things
                            Try and be serious and you will look stupid
                            sigpic

Comment

I only watched 3 or 4, but he was always a cut above with the opportunities he was given. I would think, “give him more game time - he’s always effective”, but your man Taylor clearly had other ideas.

Injuries permitting, I think he’ll be great sooner or later.
                              Making Steve Naughton look like Vince Mellars...

Comment

If neither of you mind.....I'll hold the betting money until 2029.
                                Done. See you on the wall in 2029.

Comment

Working...
                                X