Butcher brothers

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Butcher brothers

Now, I realise there is not much room for either of them to fit into our top 17, but Iíve got a good feeling about both Nat and Egan Butcher.

Whether or not itís until Origin when we lose Cordner and Crichton etc. Or sadly, if an injury happens to our pack rotation, I think we would be in safe hands if either were to play.

After seeing some of the training pics, Nats quads are enormous and he strikes me as a nugget in the Paul Gallen mould. I like his style of no fuss play, mostly mistake free and he defends well.

Iíve had a high opinion of Nat, but I kinda wish he was at least on our bench, but for who..?
    That I canít answer, especially after our last game.

As for Egan, well he is only 18 but Iíve just got a feeling.
    Get out of the way, I'm next

[QUOTE=The Skeez;n773733]Now, I realise there is not much room for either of them to fit into our top 17, but Iíve got a good feeling about both Nat and Egan Butcher.

Whether or not itís until Origin when we lose Cordner and Crichton etc. Or sadly, if an injury happens to our pack rotation, I think we would be in safe hands if either were to play.
    /QUOTE]

I think you're right on with that Skeez. Nat is a slow burner after his massive 2016 season as U-20's Player of the Year, season's top work rate across the whole competition and MOM in the winning grand-final, in a toss up with Radley. Shoulder injuries slowed Butcher's progress but with Matto gone, he's one step closer to first grade. Doesn't shirk the work, a Robbo style player, with added ball skills.

Just has to stay healthy and get into the pace of NRL. Reminds me a bit of Andrew Johns in ball skills, but I fully get the Paul Gallen physical comparison and for the oldies a bit of Kevin Stevens in there too. Brother Egan has shown his potential too. On top we have Sitli and Curran - great back row potential.
    Last edited by Louis N; 01-21-2019, 12:23 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Louis N View Post
      Reminds me a bit of Andrew Johns in ball skills, but I fully get the Paul Gallen physical comparison and for the oldies a bit of Kevin Stevens in there too.
      Stumpy Stevens, good call. Footy player

Get out of the way, I'm next

Comment

Jury out for me on the butcher boys. Nat has had opportunities but never grabbed them, in my opinion. Egan, i haven't seen in action.
        Curran is above them.

Comment

Nat Butcher played 13 games last year yet Curran who is yet to debut is above him?

The pecking order right now would be Nat Butcher, Curran, Egan Butcher.

Oh and look, Nat is 21, Josh is 19, and Egan is 18.

What a coincidence.

Comment

You cant fit everyone in the top 17, yet you need depth.
            Injuries, rep selections and game managers will be our biggest enemies this year.............but not necessarily in that order.

Comment

I like the Butcher boys.

I think and hope that Nat will continue to improve this year, and get his opportunities.....

Comment

Ranga Jeremyís spot on the bench is up for grabs

Comment

Originally posted by The ticket View Post
                  Ranga Jeremyís spot on the bench is up for grabs
                  Lol funny stuff

Comment

Originally posted by The Skeez View Post
                    Now, I realise there is not much room for either of them to fit into our top 17, but Iíve got a good feeling about both Nat and Egan Butcher.

After seeing some of the training pics, Nats quads are enormous and he strikes me as a nugget in the Paul Gallen mould. I like his style of no fuss play, mostly mistake free and he defends well.

Iíve had a high opinion of Nat, but I kinda wish he was at least on our bench, but for who..?
                    That I canít answer, especially after our last game.

As for Egan, well he is only 18 but Iíve just got a feeling.
                    Totally agree, the more preseasons he gets the more Nat Butcher will become a Gallen clone (minus the F@#kwit factor). He is a tough and skilful young kid. Another that souffs will cry about in years to come. Donít know anything about his brother.

Comment

Originally posted by Kelby View Post
                      Jury out for me on the butcher boys. Nat has had opportunities but never grabbed them, in my opinion. Egan, i haven't seen in action.
                      Curran is above them.
                      Must be all that first grade Curran has played to be above Nat Butcher. Young players take time to adapt to the rigours of first grade, especially forwards. They make mistakes and learn tough lessons. They are up and down but this kid will come good.

Comment

[QUOTE=Louis N;n773736]
                        Originally posted by The Skeez View Post

/QUOTE]

I think you're right on with that Skeez. Nat is a slow burner after his massive 2016 season as U-20's Player of the Year, season's top work rate across the whole competition and MOM in the winning grand-final, in a toss up with Radley. Shoulder injuries slowed Butcher's progress but with Matto gone, he's one step closer to first grade. Doesn't shirk the work, a Robbo style player, with added ball skills.

Just has to stay healthy and get into the pace of NRL. Reminds me a bit of Andrew Johns in ball skills, but I fully get the Paul Gallen physical comparison and for the oldies a bit of Kevin Stevens in there too. Brother Egan has shown his potential too. On top we have Sitli and Curran - great back row potential.
                        Strange comparison with Johns.
                        I think Nat is too short. Gallen is a once-off and a machine. Iíd love to be wrong about Nat but I donít reckon he will be anything but a very average first grade depth player.

Comment

GEEEZ WE HAVE HAD SOME BROTHERS IN OUR SQUAD IN RECENT YEARS. The Carneys, The Marscheks, Johnny and roger schek, The Perretts, Lats and Shaq, Lopini and MIckey paea, The Cornish brothers. (i think one came and 1 left) The Frei brothers from the 20s, leulaui brothers, Ryan and dean Matterson, maubs and jaubs. Thats of the top of my head but im sure there are more
                          1911 1912 1913 1923 1935 1936 1937 1940 1945 1974 1975 2002 2013 2018 2019

Comment

Originally posted by roosterproud View Post
                            GEEEZ WE HAVE HAD SOME BROTHERS IN OUR SQUAD IN RECENT YEARS. The Carneys, The Marscheks, Johnny and roger schek, The Perretts, Lats and Shaq, Lopini and MIckey paea, The Cornish brothers. (i think one came and 1 left) The Frei brothers from the 20s, leulaui brothers, Ryan and dean Matterson, maubs and jaubs. Thats of the top of my head but im sure there are more
                            The two Carney's (I assume you speak of Todd and Justin) are not related in anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by The Marshall View Post

Must be all that first grade Curran has played to be above Nat Butcher. Young players take time to adapt to the rigours of first grade, especially forwards. They make mistakes and learn tough lessons. They are up and down but this kid will come good.
                              All good, I have my opinion and you have yours.
                              I happy to say thou Curran will play more A games then Nat.
                              Get back to me in 10 years ok!

Comment

Working...
                              X