Ryan Hall recovering ahead of schedule

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Skeez View Post

I know I’m still smarting from the non-call when his foot went into touch, that lead to the opening try for saints in the 2010 GF. Fark!
    The mind boggles as to how that wasn't called out. And then the Soward bomb with Gasnier timing his run to perfection. Amazing to think we actually led at half time and had the Carney pass to Leilua not been called back we would have been further ahead. But then how many tries did they get off forward passes. That game was a sham. Even my Saints friends felt for the Roosters raw deal under that eminently forgettable ref.

Comment

Originally posted by Louis N View Post

The mind boggles as to how that wasn't called out. And then the Soward bomb with Gasnier timing his run to perfection. Amazing to think we actually led at half time and had the Carney pass to Leilua not been called back we would have been further ahead. But then how many tries did they get off forward passes. That game was a sham. Even my Saints friends felt for the Roosters raw deal under that eminently forgettable ref.
      Honestly, we got beaten fair and square and were lucky to be there.

I hate Wayne but his troops were highly disciplined and prepped for that game down to the dot. We were a rabble of talented but lazy and undisciplined kids who gave the senior players the worst nightmares. The amount of pills and coke consumed during that season woulda been ridiculous. I mean dead set if you saw Daniel Conn, Martin Kennedy, Nate Myles,Todd Carney, SKD, FPN and BJ Leilua walking towards you at 2am you'd farking look away from them and cross the street because they're a bunch of wannabe gangsters when they get together. Dead set flogs who upset the comp by playing 100% instinctively rather than having an actual gameplan. Anybody who has played sports will know what I mean... it's always hard to play against a bunch of instinctive flogs with no game because they keep ruining your momentum and doing odd shyte that you haven't practiced playing against.

Todd Carney is THE greatest instinctive footy player I have ever seen. He's got the perfect tallish (~183cm?) but nuggetie build for it and an amazing set of hands and doesn't give a shyte what anybody else thinks so has zero nerves/hesitation about his game. He got us there and his Dally M is something that should be remembered. That final against the Tigpies (who were pretty darn good that year!!!) is one to be remembered too.

But deserving a GF victory? I love the Roosters. No other club for me. However, Wayne manufactured that win down to the dot off the back of impenetrable defence over 2-3 seasons. He's done nothing since but in today's game, a heavily tuned, 100% manufactured 1/2 will beat a 100% instinctive half in any important game because they'll stick to a proven plan rather than looking for miracles the whole time. That kick to Gaz is a fine example... any other game it's a stoopid kick that's asking to be caught in goal giving the opposition a set of 7. BUT... when you've got a bunch of instinctive backs and halves who constantly disrespect basic positional play, you're asking for that kinda stuff to happen to you.

Yes the foot was out for that pass but get over it. Take that try away and they still pounded us. It s*cked and I hate Wayne + the Merge but they deserved that win.

Comment

Originally posted by ism22 View Post

I hate Wayne but his troops were highly disciplined and prepped for that game down to the dot. We were a rabble of talented but lazy and undisciplined kids who gave the senior players the worst nightmares. The amount of pills and coke consumed during that season woulda been ridiculous. I mean dead set if you saw Daniel Conn, Martin Kennedy, Nate Myles,Todd Carney, SKD, FPN and BJ Leilua walking towards you at 2am you'd farking look away from them and cross the street because they're a bunch of wannabe gangsters when they get together. Dead set flogs who upset the comp by playing 100% instinctively rather than having an actual gameplan. Anybody who has played sports will know what I mean... it's always hard to play against a bunch of instinctive flogs with no game because they keep ruining your momentum and doing odd shyte that you haven't practiced playing against.

Todd Carney is THE greatest instinctive footy player I have ever seen. He's got the perfect tallish (~183cm?) but nuggetie build for it and an amazing set of hands and doesn't give a shyte what anybody else thinks so has zero nerves/hesitation about his game. He got us there and his Dally M is something that should be remembered. That final against the Tigpies (who were pretty darn good that year!!!) is one to be remembered too.

But deserving a GF victory? I love the Roosters. No other club for me. However, Wayne manufactured that win down to the dot off the back of impenetrable defence over 2-3 seasons. He's done nothing since but in today's game, a heavily tuned, 100% manufactured 1/2 will beat a 100% instinctive half in any important game because they'll stick to a proven plan rather than looking for miracles the whole time. That kick to Gaz is a fine example... any other game it's a stoopid kick that's asking to be caught in goal giving the opposition a set of 7. BUT... when you've got a bunch of instinctive backs and halves who constantly disrespect basic positional play, you're asking for that kinda stuff to happen to you.

Yes the foot was out for that pass but get over it. Take that try away and they still pounded us. It s*cked and I hate Wayne + the Merge but they deserved that win.
        Like a lot of your posts - good in part lol.

We were lucky to be in the GF (if not for Braith's great FG we would have been knocked out first week), but there's no rule against being lucky and we had momentum. I always thought we would have won it if it had been a dry track - Carney would have carved them up.

But sure, if you look over the season as a whole you can't say the Dragons didn't deserve the premiership.

Comment

the worst thing from that refs rort was that Robert finch Boss of the reffs ass was a dual grand final winner with st shit and in 2011 was appointed the ceo of st shit football club. once he got the rort done using Archer, his job was now secure and st shit will have $$$$ in the bank. What a way to set up your career.
          1911 1912 1913 1923 1935 1936 1937 1940 1945 1974 1975 2002 2013 2018 2019 2020

Comment

Originally posted by ism22 View Post

We got out of jail against the Tigers but came home witha wet sail as we did so many times in 2010. Then our win over the Titans up there was emphatic. So I would dismiss any claim that we were 'lucky to be there' as our second half of the season had great momentum, after a shaky start. Remember the Bulldogs debacle. Morris three tries in that 'Glad I'm Not A Kennedy' headbutting the ball game. But we eventually became serious contenders.

I'm not disputing the result nor saying we should have won the grand final. Where did I say that?. Saints won the minor premiership from memory and deserved to be favourites and duly won.

My criticism is of the poor refereeing during the game. The score should have been a lot closer. And I am serious in saying that even my St George friends said they got a great rub of the green from the refs. Buyt I'm betting that when we went into half time with a narrow lead, every Roosters fan thought we were a real chance. During the second half Saints forward passes that led directly to tries killed our momentum. It was a horrible display of refereeing. That's all I am saying.

Comment

It was a horrible display of refereeing. That's all I am saying.
              Bloody oath.

Comment

AAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHH.

Did you guys have to bring that "game" up? A game it was NOT, a travesty it most certainly was. A travesty is how I'll always remember the 2010 GF.

If 2014 was a gift for the vermin, 2010 was equally a gift for the small red V.
                "The price of freedom is eternal vigilance."

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

It was also nice of the NRL to let Gasnier come back to League halfway through that year and play for $80 000......

Comment

Working...
                  X