Ryan Hall recovering ahead of schedule

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Thirteen View Post
    Donít be a bunch of nervous Nellies. The club doesnít want them re-injured either. They will come back when they have proper clearance and are ready. Can anyone think of a player under Robboís tenure who has come back and re-injured cause he came back too early?
    Fair point.

End of the day, 15 March 2019 (injured on 11 August 2018) is just over 7 months. I'm no doctor/physio but a lot of pro atheletes seem to see it as a 6-9 month injury.

Mayo Clinic says:
    > There's no set time frame for athletes to return to play. Recent research indicates that up to one-third of athletes sustain another tear in the same or opposite knee within two years. A longer recovery period may reduce the risk of reinjury.

> In general, it takes as long as a year or more before athletes can safely return to play. Doctors and physical therapists will perform tests to gauge your knee's stability, strength, function and readiness to return to sports activities at various intervals during your rehabilitation. It's important to ensure that strength, stability and movement patterns are optimized before you return to an activity with a risk for ACL injury.

I presume that doctors will assess where it's at and do tests to determine when he's ready to return. My thoughts are:
    - If 7 months is too soon then make it 9. May is still early days in terms of our season and he's probably gonna be second fiddle to Brett Morris anyway.
    - If it has to be 12 months then so be it. As an international winger (who is currently doing modified training with the boys) I have no doubt he'll be ready to play from game 1. If needed (again - luxury of Brett Morris this season but not next). If he's any good then having him 100% for 2020 (and possibly beyond) would be better than him doing nothing in a few early rounds then being out for another season.
    - If the doctors assess him and say 'wow this guy is a freak and it was only a grade 2 anyway!!! Scans and tests give us no reason to hold him back for somewhere between rounds1-4' then play him ASAP.

Comment

Try telling angus he's not going to play souffs in round one. Hahahahaha. ....

Comment

Originally posted by "gaz" View Post
        Sorry and Cooper Cronk
        No. Cronk didnít re-injure. He went into the GF and we knew he was injured.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny Tobin View Post
          It amazes me when in threads like this people always say something like, "It's not worth risking him before he's ready".

Of course they won't. The only risk of that is where there's a sudden death game.

Especially after the GF I am more than happy to trust our medical staff.
          Precisely.

Comment

Originally posted by oldrooster View Post
            I think Pearce redid his hamstring in the 2015 prelim final and did not complete the match.
            Correct. But there is a difference in risking a player in around 1 as opposed to a knock out game.

Comment

After an ACL injury thereís the physical recovery, but also the mental recovery before you see a return to form.

It takes time to mentally regain the confidence to trust your knee to move or step laterally, and also to do this without thinking....

Comment

Originally posted by zac View Post

Sure, but hopefully he doesn't come back before he's ready. Would hate to see him re-do the knee.
                I doubt they would allow this to happen.

This would get signed off by professionals in the field. I imagine we are well equipped in this area.

Born and bred in the eastern suburbs.

Comment

Canít wait to see the big lad rip in!!

Comment

Originally posted by Vasco View Post
                    I doubt they would allow this to happen.

This would get signed off by professionals in the field. I imagine we are well equipped in this area.

No doubt we're well equipped in this area, but Ryan has come half way around the world to play here and has limited time to make it in the NRL. It looks like he is busting a gut to come back asap (and good on him!) and, as an experienced international, his view on whether he is fit to play will probably be considered.

It's not an exact science, the treatment of injuries, and regardless of the top quality of our medical staff, and given that we have two other top wingers, I won't complain if he comes back later rather than sooner.

But, sure, I'd love it if he's able to come back ahead of schedule and doesn't re-do the knee.

Comment

Cant wait to see Bmoz in action for us!

Comment

Turning 32 this year, just done an ACL and never played in the NRL.

I'd be very surprised if he sees much first grade tbh.
                        Exonerate the West Memphis Three - www.wm3.org

Comment

Originally posted by Roosterfarian View Post
                          Turning 32 this year, just done an ACL and never played in the NRL.
                          I'd be very surprised if he sees much first grade tbh.
                          That summed up my concern pretty well. Might be on our pat malone on this forum, never know.
                          We'll find out I guess.

Comment

Originally posted by Kelby View Post
                            Cant wait to see Bmoz in action for us!
                            It's kinda odd we're not more excited ay?

It's Brett fukking Morris!!! Any other team signs him and I reckon they'd be counting on him to turn their luck around. If he plays like Mini did in his last few seasons he'll be worth his weight in gold.

Comment

Perhaps golden boot winner Markinson to come over to us in 2021 to replace hall? Worth a look.

Comment

Originally posted by ism22 View Post

It's kinda odd we're not more excited ay?

It's Brett fukking Morris!!! Any other team signs him and I reckon they'd be counting on him to turn their luck around. If he plays like Mini did in his last few seasons he'll be worth his weight in gold.
                                I know Iím still smarting from the non-call when his foot went into touch, that lead to the opening try for saints in the 2010 GF. Fark!
                                Get out of the way, I'm next

Comment

Working...
                                X