Clear All

• Ryan Hall recovering ahead of schedule

https://www.roosters.com.au/news/201...-january-2019/

Thought our latest injury report looked pretty good:
    - Cronk, Tetevano and Collins all doing full training
    - Hall doing modified training but ahead of schedule
    - Crichton's nearly back to full training

Good news.
    "Astroturf? You know who's responsible for that, don't you?! The Jews! Ah, the Jews hate grass. They always have, they always will."

George Costanza (Jason Alexander), Seinfeld

Comment

Yes

Comment

Hopefully, he will be right for the first round of the season.

Comment

Originally posted by Nonester1 View Post
          Hopefully, he will be right for the first round of the season.
          Sure, but hopefully he doesn't come back before he's ready. Would hate to see him re-do the knee.

Comment

Recovery from a standard ACL repair is 6-9 months. Many people return after 6 months, but the risk of re-injury reduces significantly between the 6th and 9th month. He did his mid-August, so should be ready to play by May at the latest, but possibly as early as Round 1.

Comment

Originally posted by Waylander View Post
              Recovery from a standard ACL repair is 6-9 months. Many people return after 6 months, but the risk of re-injury reduces significantly between the 6th and 9th month. He did his mid-August, so should be ready to play by May at the latest, but possibly as early as Round 1.
              Thanks.
              With three great players having to fit into two positions there's a big incentive for him to come back asap. Hard not to consider him for round 1 if he's fit, and I'm sure we will, but from the team's pov, might be best to give him the full 9 months.

Comment

I'd wait until Angus is fully fit and ready. We have enough cover in the 2nd row. That first round game against the vermin will be tough so no point rushing him back just for that build up unless he is 100%

Comment

Don’t be a bunch of nervous Nellies. The club doesn’t want them re-injured either. They will come back when they have proper clearance and are ready. Can anyone think of a player under Robbo’s tenure who has come back and re-injured cause he came back too early?

Comment

Maybe Toups a few years back, I think he lasted a minute or so(a hammy or groin injury), other than that no.

Comment

Sorry and Cooper Cronk

Comment

I think Pearce redid his hamstring in the 2015 prelim final and did not complete the match.

Comment

We manage our injuries well, but it's not an exact science. Thing is, Hall will be champing at the bit to get out there (and good luck to him) but, with two internationals on the wing, we can afford to be even more cautious than normal.

Comment

It amazes me when in threads like this people always say something like, "It's not worth risking him before he's ready".

Of course they won't. The only risk of that is where there's a sudden death game.

Especially after the GF I am more than happy to trust our medical staff.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny Tobin View Post
                              It amazes me when in threads like this people always say something like, "It's not worth risking him before he's ready".

Of course they won't. The only risk of that is where there's a sudden death game.

Especially after the GF I am more than happy to trust our medical staff.
                              Exactly...we laugh in the face of broken bones. Only flesh wounds really..

I]SBW at the beach .[/I]

Comment

Working...
                              X