Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cronk will play in the WCC against Wigan

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Cronk will play in the WCC against Wigan

    Robbo today confirmed that Cronk is on track with his recovery from that shoulder injury and is expected to play in the WCC against Wigan.

    https://www.outline.com/EK9MhU

  • #2
    I didnít think heíd play.

    But also, why would we trust what Trent says after the gf?

    anyway, we will still win.
    Get out of the way, I'm next

    Comment


    • #3
      he makes a big difference to the team, be nice to have fergo too tghough?

      Comment


      • #4
        He may just stand around pointing and talking.

        Comment


        • #5
          Very keen to see how our attacking style will change without Fergo. Used to him and Toops taking the 1/2nd tough carries out of our half. Brett Morris doesnít have the size or strength to play like that IMO

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by David Bill Williams View Post
            Brett Morris doesnít have the size or strength to play like that IMO
            Yeah that'll be interesting. Ryan Hall does, but he's clearly not playing.

            Good news is that Fergo (no disrespect) had a high error rate and questionable defensive positioning (which he'd often make up for with big risky hits and stuff). Brett Morris is one of the safest sets of hands in the game and you'll never catch him out of position. IMO overall Morris will add more composure. He's got Manu inside if we need height and size.

            I get that we'll have less go forward. However, 1/2 the time Fergo needed to do a massive run because he'd just lost the ball on the 1st tackle under zero pressure. IMO Morris will be fine. Dragons fans are dirty that Nene's gone and we've got Brett Morris - they'd love him to have finished up with them.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by The Skeez View Post
              I didnít think heíd play.

              But also, why would we trust what Trent says after the gf?

              anyway, we will still win.
              Because he's been the most honest, upfront coach in the NRL over the last six years.

              But it's a losing poker player who never bluffs and it won't do us any harm if people are now more suspicious of what Trent says.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by David Bill Williams View Post
                Very keen to see how our attacking style will change without Fergo. Used to him and Toops taking the 1/2nd tough carries out of our half. Brett Morris doesnít have the size or strength to play like that IMO
                Looks like Hall is training with the boys without any taping on the acl repair. he will do the job of Fergo
                1911 1912 1913 1923 1935 1936 1937 1940 1945 1974 1975 2002 2013 2018 2019

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by roosterproud View Post

                  Looks like Hall is training with the boys without any taping on the acl repair. he will do the job of Fergo
                  Definitely! Im so keen to see the big man in action. But with his injury he will be out the first couple rounds

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by David Bill Williams View Post

                    Definitely! Im so keen to see the big man in action. But with his injury he will be out the first couple rounds
                    I do hope Hall can make a complete recovery and get back to his best. So far so good - but these things take time. We saw it with JWH and years ago with Justin Hodges who was a shadow of himself in 2004, first season back after his reconstruction. Hall will be ultra motivated though at his age and knowing its his shot at the NRL in a premiership side. I wish him all the best. He's been a class act and weighs in the same as Fergo.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      So....we have 3 international standard wingers in Toups, BMoz and Hally.

                      Im pretty sure there are only two winger positions in a team...last I looked.

                      Who misses out?
                      Sco-mo...Sco-mo...Sco-mo...

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Louis N View Post

                        I do hope Hall can make a complete recovery and get back to his best. So far so good - but these things take time. We saw it with JWH and years ago with Justin Hodges who was a shadow of himself in 2004, first season back after his reconstruction. Hall will be ultra motivated though at his age and knowing its his shot at the NRL in a premiership side. I wish him all the best. He's been a class act and weighs in the same as Fergo.
                        Hodges was a shadow here because he wanted out.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Jacks Fur Coat View Post
                          So....we have 3 international standard wingers in Toups, BMoz and Hally.

                          Im pretty sure there are only two winger positions in a team...last I looked.

                          Who misses out?
                          Halls injury has decided who misses out at first, but if he looks good for the bears, Morris and Toops will have some competition.Form and injury decides from then. Better than lacking depth.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Cronk to wear the 23 in the WCC !

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by David Bill Williams View Post
                              Very keen to see how our attacking style will change without Fergo. Used to him and Toops taking the 1/2nd tough carries out of our half. Brett Morris doesnít have the size or strength to play like that IMO
                              I'm ultra keen to see our attacking style under Adam O'Brien!!! With he and Cronk reunited i'm predicting changes for the better

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X