Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adam O'Brien

SHARKS COACHING CONTENDER BARRED

Cronulla are holding off appointing a new coach until Shane Flanagan’s appeal against suspension is heard.

But there is one less horse in the race to replace him, with the Roosters barring assistant coach Adam O’Brien to from officially applying for the position.

In most cases, clubs allow assistant coaches to go for a top grade spot if one becomes available.

But given the Roosters have only just signed O’Brien from Melbourne, their stance is understandable.

It's garbage. No coach stands in the way of an assistant getting a head coach job and there is certainly no way Robbo would. In fact, it's usually in the contract that they can't.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny Tobin View Post
      It's garbage.
      Probably, seeing as it was written by the mole.

Comment

nonsense, that the unwashed masses will gulliably believe due to their anti-Easts bias

Comment

who cares?

Comment

Would leave us a bit short with the season not too far away. Would not be easy to find a well qualified assistant who fits our culture.

Comment

We could sign trent barrett to replace him

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny Tobin View Post
                It's garbage. No coach stands in the way of an assistant getting a head coach job and there is certainly no way Robbo would. In fact, it's usually in the contract that they can't.
                Agreed. Have two thoughts:
                1. From a technical perspective it's stupid to freeze the market like that by saying 'YOU CANNOT APPLY!!' Hell if I wanna leave my job, I'm allowed to. My boss can't block me. Same should apply to these guys!
                2. From a practical perspective who wants to keep a guy who doesn't wanna be there? It's like saying 'no' when your girlfriend is like 'I think we should just be friends'. Even if you could force them, it's pretty stupid because they'll hate you.

Makes me wonder if this is muck raking, he hasn't even expressed interest and the vein of truth is that all NRL contracts contain a standard clause along these lines that nobody's even thought about because he isn't interested.

Comment

I can see both sides of the occasion, and both have merit, but we don't know for sure if its a correct thread, or just somebody being disruptive. I dont think Cronulla would be interested in a coach with no first grade experience, at this stage they have big decisions to make to stop their team from imploding.
                  There are not a lot of first grade coaching jobs around, so he should be allowed to at least apply, if he gets the gig, then goodluck to him, if not, he remains solid and focused to get behind our team, and be 100 % happy to be here.

Comment

Originally posted by Chooksforme View Post
                    I can see both sides of the occasion, and both have merit, but we don't know for sure if its a correct thread, or just somebody being disruptive. I dont think Cronulla would be interested in a coach with no first grade experience, at this stage they have big decisions to make to stop their team from imploding.
                    There are not a lot of first grade coaching jobs around, so he should be allowed to at least apply, if he gets the gig, then goodluck to him, if not, he remains solid and focused to get behind our team, and be 100 % happy to be here.
                    One thing that would s*ck is that if he theoretically got the job, he woulda seen most of our pre-season, so he'd probably steal a lot of Robbo's content (and know how to beat us).

However, that's the same with any assistant coach applying for a head coach job. Thus, there's no logical reason to block him.

Regardless, I woulda thought JT would be the guy throwing his hat in the ring. Or, is he getting close to first grade coin with the Bears combined with a promise he'll remain as coach if they re-enter the NRL?

Comment

Doubt JT is hanging out for a position as an NRL head coach.

Didn't the Mole say Crichton was going to re-sign with Souths and that Cronk was thinking of retiring after just one year with us?

Perhaps O'Brien doesn't want to leave us in the lurch (but wants to a first grade coach in the future) and we're spreading the story that it's us that is standing in his way.

Comment

John Morris has just been appointed the Head coach of the Sharks with Jim Dymock his Assistant.

Comment

Originally posted by Nonester1 View Post
                          John Morris has just been appointed the Head coach of the Sharks with Jim Dymock his Assistant.
                          I bet jimmy gets the shits again and pisses off.

Comment

Originally posted by Nonester1 View Post
                            This was the only suitable outcome. In the unlikely event Flanagan shows reason not to be deregistered, they can resume status quo.
                            if Flanagan deregistered, minimal disruption. Should Morris and dymmock prove unsuccessful, plenty of time to replace the coach
                            Written and published on behalf of the Liberal Party, Queensland

Comment

Isnt that john morris in the video doing the rounds with Flanagan? He says to him ..your a farkwit Flanagan
                              Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe

Comment

Working...
                              X