Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wigan game

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Wigan game

    Just wondering if anyone else is heading over for the game and/or joining a tour?
    The only tour I can find is the one linked through the NRL site- the Rugby League Experience and I was wondering whether there are any other options available perhaps hosted by an ex Rooster player.
    Any info. would be greatly appreciated.

  • #2
    The guys that run that tour are roosters. Alternatively, you can make your own way there.

    Comment


    • #3
      Sry, too poor after the 2019 membership renewals. In spirit only.

      Comment


      • #4
        Planning to, will make a decision this week.

        I will make my own way around, as I have family over there.

        Comment


        • #5
          I agree the RL experience are good Rooster folks
          The Internet is a place for posting silly things
          Try and be serious and you will look stupid
          sigpic

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Frozen Chook View Post
            Planning to, will make a decision this week.

            I will make my own way around, as I have family over there.
            If you can then go. It's an amazing experience.

            Comment


            • #7
              I joined the tour in 2003 - absolutely amazing and awesome experience!
              Highly recommend if you have the time and money!!

              Comment


              • #8
                Well I知 heading over, booked my flights this morning, joining the tour on the way to Manchester.
                Cant wait. This is one for the bucket list!

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by The Chookie View Post
                  Well I知 heading over, booked my flights this morning, joining the tour on the way to Manchester.
                  Cant wait. This is one for the bucket list!
                  Well done.
                  Go the Chookies. If I was to ever watch the Roosters play an English side in England it would be Wigan.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by The Chookie View Post
                    Well I知 heading over, booked my flights this morning, joining the tour on the way to Manchester.
                    Cant wait. This is one for the bucket list!
                    Good onya.. you値l see how the poms do League.

                    I am interested in who runs out at halfback for us
                    Get out of the way, I'm next

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by The Skeez View Post
                      Good onya.. you値l see how the poms do League.

                      I am interested in who runs out at halfback for us
                      Is Cronk not going?

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Johnny Tobin View Post

                        Is Cronk not going?
                        Would you risk him in his return game of what could be his last season?

                        sure, send him as special envoy - but with a fresh family, I think they might grant him leave and save him for the season proper.
                        Get out of the way, I'm next

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by The Skeez View Post

                          Would you risk him in his return game of what could be his last season?

                          sure, send him as special envoy - but with a fresh family, I think they might grant him leave and save him for the season proper.
                          Surely the squad will be something like:
                          1. Morris
                          2. Toops
                          3. Smith
                          4. Maubs
                          5. Lewis
                          6. Lam
                          7. Garvey
                          8.Collins
                          9. Friend
                          10. Shaq
                          11. N Butcher
                          12. E Butcher
                          13. Silly Farmer

                          14. Hala
                          15. Liu
                          16. Tupouniua
                          17. JWH

                          And we will STILL make them look reserve-grade!!! Absolutely no point turning up to this game with your 1sts (particularly guys who are recovering from injuries and/or have had demanding rep duties). Everybody will love to do a big hit on an NRL player as their one big achievement in their career. Fukkkk giving them Latrell and Teddy's knees + a couple of halves with histories of broken bones. Cronk doesn't need the experience - he's the best half in the game. Whereas all these dues would love a shot at proving they can cut the mustard (besides Friend, who's gonna be volun-told because he's captain and it'd be poor form not to use him).

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by ism22 View Post

                            Surely the squad will be something like:
                            1. Morris
                            2. Toops
                            3. Smith
                            4. Maubs
                            5. Lewis
                            6. Lam
                            7. Garvey
                            8.Collins
                            9. Friend
                            10. Shaq
                            11. N Butcher
                            12. E Butcher
                            13. Silly Farmer

                            14. Hala
                            15. Liu
                            16. Tupouniua
                            17. JWH

                            And we will STILL make them look reserve-grade!!! Absolutely no point turning up to this game with your 1sts (particularly guys who are recovering from injuries and/or have had demanding rep duties). Everybody will love to do a big hit on an NRL player as their one big achievement in their career. Fukkkk giving them Latrell and Teddy's knees + a couple of halves with histories of broken bones. Cronk doesn't need the experience - he's the best half in the game. Whereas all these dues would love a shot at proving they can cut the mustard (besides Friend, who's gonna be volun-told because he's captain and it'd be poor form not to use him).
                            It will be as close to first grade as they can. They want to win.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Johnny Tobin View Post
                              It will be as close to first grade as they can. They want to win.
                              I reckon.................this aint no glorified trial , it's the WCC.
                              We wanna show the poms why we are the best club rugby league side in the world.
                              A full strength Roosters and a 38-nil scoreline will do that.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X