Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SO.. Out of 3169 members only 168 are active..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kelvin Johnson View Post

Sorry, I haven't been here long enough to figure out who Chris is? How much does it cost?
    1. Chris is the dude who setup the forum, pays for the advertising and pays for the bandwidth. He's probably one (all?) of the admins too (although he has a dedicated 'Chris' account that's really just used for big posts/impact).
    2. The cost is private unless he chooses to reveal it but like... do a web search for hosting costs. Mine is about $15 a month and nobody uses it. Chris would need a LOT more storage and also bandwidth. I'd be thinking at least $50-$100 a month + whatever he chooses to pay Google et al. for advertising the site. On too of this, vBulletin (the CMS he uses) has a pricetag. Perceivably a few hundred each month for something that's 100% free to us.
    3. The above doesn't cost in hours worked upgrading/configuring the server (which can be a real b*tch once your database is 10 years old with millions of entries). It also doesn't factor in time spent deleting spam so that the forum's readable.

I'm sure Chris doesn't need my support but IMO show some respect. Somewhere in his mind I'm sure he's wondered whether he should bother with this site at all. Forums are collapsing all over the web with things like Reddit and Facebook taking over. I'm pleased that Chris has kept running this forum because it has become an institution for many Roosters fans... one that's definitely worth supporting rather than talking absolute shyte about!!!
    Last edited by ism22; 12-24-2018, 10:44 AM.

Comment

Problem is, when someone doesn't agree with you on here, you get attacked.

Comment

Originally posted by Kelby View Post
        Problem is, when someone doesn't agree with you on here, you get attacked.
        Generally known as the internet.

Comment

Originally posted by keggs1 View Post
          Don’t forget the trolls like TDK who pretend to be roosters fans. He hasn’t been online since before the Grand Final.
          Or King Salvo who has only been online maybe once since the GF and posts 10 times a day after we lose.
          Originally posted by boogie

"There's a lot of people competing for title of dumbest chookpen member such as Tommy S, Rusty, Johnny, ROC, Tobin but without a doubt you are the worst, youre thick as a brick christ this is the dumbest thing I've read in a long time you should go back to supporting the panthers"

Comment

Originally posted by Parkway_Drive View Post
            Or King Salvo who has only been online maybe once since the GF and posts 10 times a day after we lose.
            All the Robbo baggers have been very quiet since the grand final.
            King Salvo has totaled his rolls royce.

Comment

There is nothing wrong with this site.
              Embrace the Hate! JC

Comment

it would be a lot more attractive if the loser trolls with nothing better to do who are banned don’t keep coming back with new names and hijacking the place.

Comment

Originally posted by Rooster_6 View Post

Generally known as the internet.
                  Or anywhere passionate footy fans gather.
                  Originally posted by jism
                  I saw Reynolds crying in front of me after the game and yelled out 'WHAT ARE YOU CRYING ABOUT?!?!? GO SAY SORRY TO COOPER YOU GRUB!!!' He looked up at me with a pretty broken looking face.

Comment

Originally posted by John Corey View Post
                    There is nothing wrong with this site.
                    Except the odd battle with spam.
                    Originally posted by jism
                    I saw Reynolds crying in front of me after the game and yelled out 'WHAT ARE YOU CRYING ABOUT?!?!? GO SAY SORRY TO COOPER YOU GRUB!!!' He looked up at me with a pretty broken looking face.

Comment

Working...
                    X