Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SO.. Out of 3169 members only 168 are active..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rooster_6 View Post
    This was the most active year on this forum since it opened over a decade ago. Chris has to keep increasing the bandwith limit due to increased traffic which he pays for.

Smashed all numbers from 2013 when we last won the grand final too.

By far one of the most enjoyable too in recent memory. Genuine footy discussions on a footy forum.

Who woulda thunk it.
    I read a lot and post a little but really like this joint and the regulars, A big thanks to Chris.

Comment

I don’t have anything to say atm.

Comment

Originally posted by The Coach View Post
        fun police at their best.. Site all but dead! Just sayin..
        1. 168 Is actually pretty good.
        2. Most of the registered users are probably spambots so it's good they are not posting.
        3. It's about quality not quantity. Reddit has a lot more activity but it's all immature BS.

Comment

This was the most active year on this forum since it opened over a decade ago. Chris has to keep increasing the bandwith limit due to increased traffic which he pays for.

By far one of the most enjoyable too in recent memory. Genuine footy discussions on a footy forum.

Who woulda thunk it.
          Agreed lots of quality contributors on the whole - hardly ever read the various sporting press as the general quality and analysis is so poor, with few exemptions.

I think it is a great forum.

Comment

Who woulda thunk it.
            Agreed and we've seen this too, with the site going down on a monthly basis due to bandwidth limits being exceeded. I'd argue a lot of bandwidth is being used by bots rather than users (that's the experience I've had with my forum, which is far less popular but on paper accomodates thousands of visits per day from the likes of Google and Vlad the hacker/spammer). But still... this forum has been great and all of you admin folk deserve a Christmas thank you rather than a gratuitous claim that the forum's dead.

As mentioned, I setup another Roosters forum and I have NFI how Chris has attracted and sustained such a good audience. Frankly, nobody posts on my forum and I've basically just kept it up as a backup for when this one is down.

Right now your options for Roosters chat are:
            - Reddit (inactive Roosters subreddit and a general NRL one that's run by hyperactive, over sensitive teenagers with NFI about footy)
            - Facebook (zero privacy and similar to reddit)
            - My forum (which nobody posts on)

This forum's great, people know their shyte about footy. Another awesome feature is the diversity!!! I'm a bit of a whacky dude and TBH this place is one of the best moderated forums out there because they get the balance right between deleting BS and keeping posts that are harmless but a bit different. In between you get a bunch of quality posts and a heap of decent banter. Long live the pen!!!

Comment

Originally posted by The Coach View Post
              fun police at their best.. Site all but dead! Just sayin..
              You do realise that if you don’t like the site then you can L*gOff!

Comment

Originally posted by Thirteen View Post

You do realise that if you don’t like the site then you can L*gOff!
                Your a little young to be swearing.

Comment

i still log in daily hoping for soime action?

Comment

Originally posted by stephenj View Post
                    i still log in daily hoping for soime action?
                    Most days there's either some news or some decent banter.

Wouldn't say 160 but there's at least 20 core posters and enough new content to keep us all coming back.

I find it a but odd that one would say this place is dead.

Comment

Who woulda thunk it.
                      Sorry, I haven't been here long enough to figure out who Chris is? How much does it cost?

Comment

Don’t forget the trolls like TDK who pretend to be roosters fans. He hasn’t been online since before the Grand Final.

- Cooper Cronk' scapula.

Comment

Originally posted by Kelvin Johnson View Post

Sorry, I haven't been here long enough to figure out who Chris is? How much does it cost?
                          Hi Kelvin, Chris is the longstanding owner of this forum and is the one responsible for its existence. If I recall, another poster by the name of supermario may have also been part of the site's creation. As to the cost of this site, I have no idea.

This site isn't dead, far from it as R6 pointed out. Quality over quantity is also my preference. Long live The Chookpen/Cronkpen.
                          "The price of freedom is eternal vigilance."

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

I, for one actually enjoy the Coach’s riddles.
                            It’s all harmless really.

Its why I check in over the off season.
                            ..it’ll be interesting to see

Comment

Originally posted by The Skeez View Post
                              I, for one actually enjoy the Coach’s riddles.
                              It’s all harmless really.

Its why I check in over the off season.
                              I like the The Coach too, he's such a TURK ey.

Comment

Originally posted by Mickie Lane View Post

I like the The Coach too, he's such a TURK ey.
                                This would have to be your favourite time of year then wouldn't it? Being such a fan of TURK ey right?
                                FVCK CANCER

Comment

Working...
                                X