• Show
Clear All

• Slow as a wet week

Ryan Hall.. just sayin.

Dry thread.

Comment

I'm Moist

Comment

with all the dramas that have been going on with other clubs, I'm more than happy from our point of view that it's boring and nothing much happening on the Rooster front !

Comment

Originally posted by Hawkeye View Post
          with all the dramas that have been going on with other clubs, I'm more than happy from our point of view that it's boring and nothing much happening on the Rooster front !
          I thought this thread was about the off season on this site.
          But Hall wouldn't be that quick while he recovers from the knee op I guess.

Comment

So are your empty threads COACH.
            Put up or $@%# off!

Comment

We would love a wet week out here in the bush

Comment

Originally posted by The Coach View Post
                Ryan Hall.. just sayin.
                Thats because its bleak in England. Global warming.
                But in all seriousness his father Brendan Hall wasnt very fast either.

Comment

He and Corey Oats should do a Blue eyed soul revival.
                  Making Steve Naughton look like Vince Mellars...

Comment

Originally posted by The Coach View Post
                    Ryan Hall.. just sayin.
                    Well it doesn't appear to have stopped him from having success so far. So long as he is strong, can catch and pass a ball and defend, then I can deal with him not being a speedster. Pace isn't everything.

I don't reckon Latrell is all that quick either to be honest, but his strength more than makes up for it. We have Toups and Joey who have pace.

And I don't reckon I'd be that quick if I was recovering from an ACL injury either!

Supporting the RW&B, through good times and bad times.

Comment

The bloke has crossed the tryline 231 times in the UK, and 36 times in Tests.

Seriously one of your worst posts you dill pickle.

The FlogPen .

You know it makes sense.

Comment

Originally posted by stsae View Post
                        The bloke has crossed the tryline 231 times in the UK, and 36 times in Tests.

Seriously one of your worst posts you dill pickle.

Time to step up... Dude is a donkey X … NRL will embarrass the bloke..

Comment

Originally posted by novice chook View Post

Well it doesn't appear to have stopped him from having success so far. So long as he is strong, can catch and pass a ball and defend, then I can deal with him not being a speedster. Pace isn't everything.

I don't reckon Latrell is all that quick either to be honest, but his strength more than makes up for it. We have Toups and Joey who have pace.

And I don't reckon I'd be that quick if I was recovering from an ACL injury either!
                          Mmm... can't say Fergo, GI, Teddy or RTS are THAT quick in a straight line either. As an ex-sprinter I think Mitchell Pearce is one of the fastest players we've had (he has really good sprinting technique).

IMO your oldschool winger is like a Rod Wishart or something. Sprinters legs and lotsa straight line speed.

Your new world outside back is like a Fergo, GI, Latrell, Radradra or Oates (i.e. frigging huge and powerful with a massive fend and a lot of speed getting from standing straight to diving/grounding for tries). That or a Barba/RTS/Teddy player (not that fast in a straight line but a lot of lateral speed + a freakish ability to change direction in a split second). People laugh but I reckon Klemmer would work better as a Fergo-style winger because he's not very smart or bulky but is tall and has powerful levers. That's just me though...

As an ex-sprinter, I never made it in the NRL because pure straight line speed just isn't that useful!!! The Doggies used my coach for their speed work and players like El Masri, Patten, Utai and SBW joined our squad for speed work (SBW remembered me from this when he joined the Roosters and told me he's never met anybody as fast as me on a footy field). And I think he's probably telling the truth (a squad member who was national U20s 200m champ played NYC for Souffs and got dropped because he had a sprinters buld/skillset, not that of a League player). There's a reason why the NRL doesn't poach sprinters for their straight line speed. It's useful if you get a linebreak or something, but realistically most runs in any level of competitive rugby league will not be as simple as fanging down the field in a straight line as fast as possible. Also, sprinters are lean as (think whippets)... most don't hold bulk very well.

Comment

Originally posted by ism22 View Post

Mmm... can't say Fergo, GI, Teddy or RTS are THAT quick in a straight line either. As an ex-sprinter I think Mitchell Pearce is one of the fastest players we've had (he has really good sprinting technique).

IMO your oldschool winger is like a Rod Wishart or something. Sprinters legs and lotsa straight line speed.

Your new world outside back is like a Fergo, GI, Latrell, Radradra or Oates (i.e. frigging huge and powerful with a massive fend and a lot of speed getting from standing straight to diving/grounding for tries). That or a Barba/RTS/Teddy player (not that fast in a straight line but a lot of lateral speed + a freakish ability to change direction in a split second). People laugh but I reckon Klemmer would work better as a Fergo-style winger because he's not very smart or bulky but is tall and has powerful levers. That's just me though...

As an ex-sprinter, I never made it in the NRL because pure straight line speed just isn't that useful!!! The Doggies used my coach for their speed work and players like El Masri, Patten, Utai and SBW joined our squad for speed work (SBW remembered me from this when he joined the Roosters and told me he's never met anybody as fast as me on a footy field). And I think he's probably telling the truth (a squad member who was national U20s 200m champ played NYC for Souffs and got dropped because he had a sprinters buld/skillset, not that of a League player). There's a reason why the NRL doesn't poach sprinters for their straight line speed. It's useful if you get a linebreak or something, but realistically most runs in any level of competitive rugby league will not be as simple as fanging down the field in a straight line as fast as possible. Also, sprinters are lean as (think whippets)... most don't hold bulk very well.
                            What are your thoughts on beach sprinters? More leg strength. Still straight runners.
                            recall greg Lennon for bears
                            Written and published on behalf of the Liberal Party, Queensland

Comment

Originally posted by Mickie Lane View Post

Thats because its bleak in England. Global warming.
                              But in all seriousness his father Brendan Hall wasnt very fast either.
                              Im not convinced it’s a completely a global warming issue.
                              FVCK CANCER

Comment

Working...
                              X