Cords' bro allegedly smashed Saifiti's arse

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cords' bro allegedly smashed Saifiti's arse

I hope that if charged, this doesn't deraid Boyd's season having a little brother (potentially) going through the courts and having his career (potentially) ended.

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/kni...02-p50jri.html
    Knights prop in hospital after alleged altercation with Dane Cordner

Knights prop Jacob Saifiti is in hospital with a serious leg injury that could sideline him for more than three months following an alleged altercation with the brother of Kangaroos and NSW captain Boyd Cordner outside a Newcastle hotel in the early hours of Sunday morning.

Police are understood to be investigating the incident involving Saifiti and Central Newcastle footballer Dane Cordner, which occurred outside Hamilton’s Greenroof Hotel.

Saifiti was knocked cold by a punch during the incident and suffered a suspected fractured lower leg after falling awkwardly.

He was taken to hospital and was facing surgery that will determine how long he will be sidelined.

Knights officials are aware of the incident but could not be contacted on Sunday.

i remember when he was playing junior footy for us and a Newcastle player intentionally broke his jaw, he left us cords stayed the rest is history?

Comment

OMG we're done for the year. The back-to-back dream is over.

Comment

Waiting for the nrl to slap Boyd with a 100 grand fine and suspend him for 3 months.
        The Cordner family has tarnished the nrls other-wise sqeaky clean image.

Comment

I wonder who threw the first punch?

Maybe Dane was acting in self defence and has a awesome right hook....
          Originally posted by Bondi Boy

Pathetic!
          What a rabble we are.

Oh well, maybe next year

Comment

cant help laughing at bennett this morning if it is indeed true that bennets smarty games have cost him a lot of money, as an ex qld copper hell never need to go on the aged pension in fact at nearly 70 id say hes still doing tax returns!

Comment

Safiti can’t handle his drink for shit

it was reported last year the Safiti brothers got into a drunken altercation with Pearce, SKD and Guerra while on a night out

the bloke clearly can’t handle his grog

Comment

Originally posted by eddie View Post
                Waiting for the nrl to slap Boyd with a 100 grand fine and suspend him for 3 months.
                Exactly!

This and the Nikorima thing we should be punished!

Comment

Newcastle prop Jacob Saifiti is facing disciplinary action from the Knights following an incident which resulted in the 22-year old suffering a serious broken leg.

Saifiti’s injury took place outside the Greenroof Hotel in Hamilton early on Sunday morning following an alleged altercation with Dane Cordner, brother of New South Wales and Australian skipper Boyd Cordner.

“Saifiti was involved in a verbal altercation with a patron which was broken up by security.

Security staff acted appropriately and effectively,” the Knights said in a statement on Monday morning. Saifiti has sustained a serious leg injury. Photo by Chris Hyde/Getty Images.
                  “Subsequently, after Saifiti left the establishment, he and a man came together.

“There was a push and shove which resulted in Saifiti suffering a punch.

“Having fallen awkwardly as a result of the punch, Saifiti injured his leg and was transported to hospital by security staff.

“The matter is now with the police.

“Given the facts, Saifiti may be subject to disciplinary action taken by the Club at the appropriate time.”

Saifiti, 22, has played 47 NRL matches since making his NRL debut in 2016.

Comment

Originally posted by eddie View Post
                    After what they did to Pearcey, I 'd be surprised if Boyd isn't fined and suspended for a period.

Comment

Dane is older than Boyd and I reckon any potential professional football career was snuffed out a few years ago now. He can more than take care of himself. Saifiti has far more to lose than Dane has.
                      Supporting the RW&B, through good times and bad times.

Comment

Originally posted by stephenj View Post
                        i remember when he was playing junior footy for us and a Newcastle player intentionally broke his jaw, he left us cords stayed the rest is history?
                        My memory of the event is slightly different.

Cordner, who was 16, was playing for Easts under 20's and his brother Dane for the Newcastle 20's.

Some asshat broke Boyd's jaw and Dane left the Knights and came to us after that.

Am I wrong?

Comment

Originally posted by Red. View Post

Cordner, who was 16, was playing for Easts under 20's and his brother Dane for the Newcastle 20's.

Some asshat broke Boyd's jaw and Dane left the Knights and came to us after that.

Am I wrong?
                          No, I believe you are right. It was Boyd's jaw that was smashed, not Dane. And Dane did spend a year or two with us.
                          Supporting the RW&B, through good times and bad times.

Comment

Originally posted by Red. View Post

Am I wrong?
                            The asshat's name is Josh Aloimai if I remember correctly and not to be confused with Josh Aloiai of the West Tigers.
                            "The price of freedom is eternal vigilance."

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Originally posted by TheLoneRooster View Post

The asshat's name is Josh Aloimai if I remember correctly and not to be confused with Josh Aloiai of the West Tigers.
                              Correct.

A few years after the incident Aloimai played a hand full of games with us under Brian Smith. At the time i recall wondering how his relationship with Boyd would pan out.

Comment

Working...
                              X