Is Trent the master?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is Trent the master?

Of getting his team t peak at the right time?

Was just watching Bill and Boz and they were talking about pre season training and how in many cases players are burnt out mid year.

Thinking about the last 6 years and Robbo seems to train them perfectly to peak at the right end of the season. Even though we havent won every year for whatever reason we have snatched MP's by coming home strong. I think his ability in the space is often overlooked!

Originally posted by SunnyCoastChook View Post
    Of getting his team t peak at the right time?

Was just watching Bill and Boz and they were talking about pre season training and how in many cases players are burnt out mid year.

Thinking about the last 6 years and Robbo seems to train them perfectly to peak at the right end of the season. Even though we havent won every year for whatever reason we have snatched MP's by coming home strong. I think his ability in the space is often overlooked!
    This year and 2013 he was. Every other year I think he's mistimed it a little.

Obviously periodisation is in the mind of any modern day coach. IMO you can only plan so much though because there's always gonna be a few injuries and suspensions when you need them the least.

This year I think there was a bit of luck. We somehow held Souffs out without a kicker, Napa, Latrell or Cronk's shoulder. Then for the GF everybody came back, including an injured Cronk. It worked, but coulda all gone horribly wrong.

Comment

Trent, atm, is the Big Co6k of the Hen house.

Comment

He's got a canny knack of timing it right.

2013, 2015 and 2018 were all outstanding years.

2015 can purely be put down to 2 significant injuries otherwise I think we would have taken it.

2014 was a bit of premiership hangover I think... we came up against a hungrier Souffs side and the refs didn't help in that game. There's a reason no side has gone back to back in a long time.

2017 I thought we over-achievd after a bit of a rebuild and it seemed we were ripe for the picking against a side who had nothing to lose.

Comment

He is the master. The minor premierships where we have come from the clouds is proof.

Wouldn't swap Robbo for anyone, including the coach he destroyed in the GF.

Comment

Originally posted by ism22 View Post

This year and 2013 he was. Every other year I think he's mistimed it a little.

Obviously periodisation is in the mind of any modern day coach. IMO you can only plan so much though because there's always gonna be a few injuries and suspensions when you need them the least.

This year I think there was a bit of luck. We somehow held Souffs out without a kicker, Napa, Latrell or Cronk's shoulder. Then for the GF everybody came back, including an injured Cronk. It worked, but coulda all gone horribly wrong.
            It wasn't luck at all mate. It was a superb coaching and team effort.

Comment

Lol....sack him
              Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe

Comment

Originally posted by Rooster_6 View Post
                He's got a canny knack of timing it right.

2013, 2015 and 2018 were all outstanding years.

2015 can purely be put down to 2 significant injuries otherwise I think we would have taken it.

2014 was a bit of premiership hangover I think... we came up against a hungrier Souffs side and the refs didn't help in that game. There's a reason no side has gone back to back in a long time.

2017 I thought we over-achievd after a bit of a rebuild and it seemed we were ripe for the picking against a side who had nothing to lose.
                Agree with all of this.

Robbo cops unfair criticism for 2015 where we were flying home only to be derailed by injuries to probably our two most important players.

2014 was alwaya going to be tough due to the loss of desire plus the unstoppable Souffs ref train.

2017 as a whole was an overachievement in a dogshit quality comp. We finished 2nd only because the competition was very poor.

Also lol at calling our win this year luck.

Our defence was amazing and absolutely down to the coaching and players. Not luck.

Comment

Trent is the best coach I've seen at the club in my 30 odd years supporting/watching the roosters. Has brought us the most success during the NRL era.

Barring one dog of a year, as R6 mentioned above he has had what can be viewed as good a season every year.

IMO he's the best coach in the world atm. May more success come his way. Long rein the era of Robbo Ferguson

Comment

Robbo will end up 'The Bart Cummings' of the NRL.
                    Sickie Lame .... King of Bestiality

Comment

We are back to crediting supercoach for everything. Our defence had nothing to do with Fitzy, our conditioning had nothing to do with Smith, the on-field performances had nothing to do with the players.

Comment

Originally posted by dice View Post
                        We are back to crediting supercoach for everything. Our defence had nothing to do with Fitzy, our conditioning had nothing to do with Smith, the on-field performances had nothing to do with the players.
                        You have to admit though mate our coach has the rare ability to overturn coaches/trainers and players and still achieve results.

5 players in this years GF from 2013s 17. That in itself is an impressive thing.

on the defensive side of things Fitzy teaches them how to hit and the tackling technique but Robbo sets the patterns we use in defence.

I cannot think of a better coach who has overturned so many spine players alone and had such short term success.

He also cops the heat when we lose so IMO he deserves the accolades.

The FlogPen .

You know it makes sense.

Comment

Originally posted by dice View Post
                          Of course they had plenty to do with it. But you need someone to bring it all together and that is Trents job. He deserves so much credit

Comment

But is he master of his domain?....

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks Fur Coat View Post
                              But is he master of his domain?....
                              Or is he James Maloney?

Comment

Working...
                              X