Wielder reported Dogs chasing Napa as Klemmer replacement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cockadoodledoo View Post

That's actually wrong about Robbo. He stated that he recruits based on attacking ability, his belief is that defence is about attitude and technique and both can be learnt/acquired over time. Look at the major recruits in Robbo's time, I didn't count Maloney and SBW as they were recruited I believe before Robbo was made coach. None of those players were signed primarily for their defensive capabilities but they can all defend and apart from Cronk, it could be said all improved their defence under Robbo.

Jennings
    Ferguson
    Keary
    Tedesco
    Cronk
    Your half right. Those you have named are all backs & backs are your attack players but for them to fire you need tough forwards who know how to tackle. Trust me Robbos first priority is defence, I have actually spoken to him about it.

Comment

Let’s be honest, Napa is the weak link in our forward pack. We look a much better team with JWH & SST as starting props wth Lindsay and Tets coming off the bench

Comment

Originally posted by Tommy Smith View Post
        RIP Fergo

Gone but never forgotten for his all time great 2018 season.
        lol...not wrong
        Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe

Comment

Napa was offered 700 to sign elsewhere,he chose to stay for less,but that's where the 700 came from in the media.Anyway,Wiedler reckons the dogs are offering 600, why would you leave the premiers to sign for the wooden spoon contenders for roughly the same as he gets now.

Comment

Originally posted by Insider View Post
            Napa was offered 700 to sign elsewhere,he chose to stay for less,but that's where the 700 came from in the media.Anyway,Wiedler reckons the dogs are offering 600, why would you leave the premiers to sign for the wooden spoon contenders for roughly the same as he gets now.
            Maybe if they told him he is not in our future plans?
            Red, White and Bluesters!!!

Comment

No one here would want to lose a player like Napa but you have to see how little time he was given in the GF to realise that he was on shaky grounds. He might be this players that the opponents don’t want to be tackled by, or a myth we perceive, but in attack he does much less than any of our forwards. Perhaps he needs a new club or coach to get him to spark his full potential and though it may bite us when he plays against us, our club can’t wait until he does that which may never happen. Sometimes you have to cut the chord for everyone’s benefit.... just as long we get a better replacement.

Comment

The one I am wondering is worth not getting is Tapau. I have a feeling there is a chance he could be on the downward spiral.
                Napa is no JWH but I think he helps with the character of the side on and off the field and I would like him to stay
                The Internet is a place for posting silly things
                Try and be serious and you will look stupid
                sigpic

Comment

Napa injured his ankle earlier this season? could that have been impacting his performances? if he recovers fully over the off season then he could be in for a big 2019

Comment

Originally posted by David Bill Williams View Post
                    Let’s be honest, Napa is the weak link in our forward pack. We look a much better team with JWH & SST as starting props wth Lindsay and Tets coming off the bench
                    Wrong.
                    Napa is still the most feared forward in the game. When he is not, I'd let him go.
                    I'd love to see him work on his leg speed and off loading thou.

Comment

Matt Lodge anyone?

His 2018 form was terrific!

Comment

Originally posted by Kelby View Post
                        Matt Lodge anyone?

I like some black humour myself, but that didnt raise a corner mouth smile..

Comment

Wrong.
                          Napa is still the most feared forward in the game. When he is not, I'd let him go.
                          I'd love to see him work on his leg speed and off loading thou.
                          Okay and I don’t disagree with you on that

but 600k for an average of 76meters ? You’re happy with that?...

I think Lindsay is ready

Comment

Matt Lodge anyone?

Not worth the baggage he brings with him IMO...

Comment

Originally posted by Insider View Post
                              I am guessing Napalm is on a lot less than we/media imagine.

Maybe his manager has been doing it to give his client the cash he feels he deserves?

Afterall he’s won an origin series and won a GF, his resume would have improved significantly since he last inked a deal.

What I don’t get is Klemperer is reportedly leaving for more cash which reportedly The Boggs don’t have, so how will they significantly upgrade Napalm?

That doesn’t make sense to me. But very few of these deals do without insider information which I have none of.

Either way, Napalm or Kapow, someone else said it’s a win-win situation for us, sounds about right IMO.

The FlogPen .

You know it makes sense.

Comment

Originally posted by stsae View Post

I am guessing Napalm is on a lot less than we/media imagine.

Maybe his manager has been doing it to give his client the cash he feels he deserves?

Afterall he’s won an origin series and won a GF, his resume would have improved significantly since he last inked a deal.

What I don’t get is Klemperer is reportedly leaving for more cash which reportedly The Boggs don’t have, so how will they significantly upgrade Napalm?

That doesn’t make sense to me. But very few of these deals do without insider information which I have none of.

Either way, Napalm or Kapow, someone else said it’s a win-win situation for us, sounds about right IMO.

Klemmer is reportedly being offered around $1M a year from the Knights, the Dogs offering Napa $600K. Of course I am sure the numbers are all being guessed in one way or another but would be in the ball park.

Comment

Working...
                                X