Damien Cook 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Damien Cook 2020

Contract is up with Souths this year, and he’s opted to test his value on the open market.

No brainer as far as I’m concerned.

Jake had a blinder in the GF, but...

I'm happy with Jake. Only way I'd consider Cook (who wouldn't come cheaply) is if Jake wanted to try his hand over in the UK.

Comment

We showed this year that once coaches work out souffs game plan he's completely nullified. I'd much rather stick with jake.

Comment

Cooks, butchers & lambs.
        How goods this.

Comment

There's always a danger with signing running dummy halves, clubs can generally counter act their effectiveness with a strong (or illegal) game plan and if the clubs can't figure out how to then a change in the game generally does.

Players like Isaac Luke, Jake Ganville & James Segeyaro have all had great seasons and underwhelming seasons. Their success iMO unfortunately lies in the control of too many variables and as such you rarely get value for money.

I think Cook has got a lot of development left to go before he can lay claim to being a premier dummy half, which is the type of salary he will be demanding being NSW & Australia's Number 1 option.

Comment

No thanks.

Comment

Nah I want Friendy for life after his finals series.

I'm back on his bandwagon for good.

If we're after a gun in 2020 it should be Aj Brimson if he's off contract.

Comment

Friend is a Rooster through and through. As long as he's delivering good performances we should keep him

Comment

He'll get a BIG contract from a desperate club, don't see us getting involved.

Comment

I was watching an old game from a few years ago on Fox the other day and Friend was running out of dummy half as good as Cook was this year. Then for some reason he stopped doing it until Cook tore into us in that first game we played them. It’s like Robbo had asked him to recapture that and whilst he’s not as fast, Jake seems to have focused on doing it again at the end of this season. On top of the tackling efforts he has over Cook, it seems that now Jake has a more rounded game than Cook so we may not need him.

Comment

I've been a critic of Jake's attack over the years, but always in the knowledge that if he wasn't there we wouldn't be the best defensive unit in the competition.

Just think about our brick wall against Sharks, Souths, Storm.
                      Embrace the Hate! JC

Comment

NOT worth 1 million dollars a year.
                        NO.

Comment

He will be our highest capped player barring injury.
                          I believe he debut in first grade the same year as he played SG Ball. Not sure of too many who achieved that.
                          Nearly died for the club. Epitomises RWB.
                          Legend.
                          Cook can polish Jake's boots.

Comment

Originally posted by BUDDY View Post
                            He will be our highest capped player barring injury.
                            I believe he debut in first grade the same year as he played SG Ball. Not sure of too many who achieved that.
                            Nearly died for the club. Epitomises RWB.
                            Legend.
                            Cook can polish Jake's boots.
                            Jake does so much work and always tops the tackle count and I don't see why he should polish his own boots as well. Cook for a minimum wage contract plus all the Kiwi polish he wants.

Comment

No thank you.

Comment

Working...
                              X