No announcement yet.

Luke Brooks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is it just me? In all these years I haven't seen anything from Brooks to think, wow I want this guy at my club.

I don't see what the big deal is TBH. Fair enough he plays for a rubbish club with a rubbish board but in all these years of being the no. 1 choice for halfback he has proven to be as bad as those around him.

I always thought Teddy was an exciting player when he was at the Tiggggers and knew that he would only get better with us. But as far as Brooks is concerned, I think that we have seen what he is capable of. This is the best season he has had, yet he still couldn't guide his team into the finals.

I'd rather go for one of the Lam/bs to replace CC than bring in Brooks

Comment

Originally posted by ism22 View Post

I dunno... was it really stupid of Pearce?

IMO while Cronk's awesome, Pearce has been around long enough to be in a position where he can build his own game and take his own direction. He was clearly forced out of Bondi and IMO playing 2nd fiddle to Cronk wasn't in his best interests because he's a starting, Origin-grade half... not some kid needing a heap of hand holding.

It would be a bit like having a team where Rudd and Gillard are playing together. Possibly a bit like having Smith and Cronk together for 1 more year (dare I say). I don't think trapping a born leader into a box and asking them to do the job of an amazing intermediate-level staff member (subordinate to the new leader) is te solution.

Pearce woulda been outright captain but for 1 silly night. He learned his lesson and (IMO rightfully) made the call to move sideways into another leadership role rather than stepping down and pretending he's got zero leadership ambitions.
      We will never move forward while going backward.

Pearce was 'discreetly' shown the door. Umpteen chances and multiple let downs. Even had a blooper reel on YouTube dedicated to his on field errors (not to mention the off-field ones).

The difference in the team's application throughout the finals series and ability to rise to the occasion, rather than be overcome by it was clearly evident this year. Cronk's presence immediately solved a defensive weakness on our flanks. I could go on but the proof is in the results.

You can't teach attitude, you can't teach football smarts. They have to be within the character of the player. We do have to plan for post Cronk time. And the best way to do that is to have Cronk play a role in the selection. Like many I prefer Keary to keep his running game. But I'm sure we saw that even when placed in the organiser situation, Luke way out performed what we might have expected from Pearce.

One last comment. During the final round of the comp I switched across to a Newcastle game. It was competitive. The Knights got a penalty. Pearce failed to find touch. Nuff said.
      Last edited by Louis N; 11-10-2018, 11:38 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Louis N View Post

We will never move forward while going backward.

Pearce was 'discreetly' shown the door. Umpteen chances and multiple let downs. Even had a blooper reel on YouTube dedicated to his on field errors (not to mention the off-field ones).

Good post, food for thought.
        I certainly dont miss Pearces "deer in the headlights" type efforts.

Peoples take on the clubs stance is interesting................some think he was discreetly shown the exit, while others think the club genuinely wanted him to stay and benefit from Cronks composure....

I like to think the club didn't care either way.

Anyway, it all turned out for the best.

Comment

Pearce's card's we're marked after last year's semi debacle against the cowboys, I messaged my brother after the game saying that was his final game in an Easts jersey, I got told I was overreacting. There was no way he was going to be in the squad under Cronk.

Comment

Originally posted by bondi.boy View Post

As I remember it we were refereed out of that game at ANZ.
            If Cornish's arm hadn't been knocked when he was over the tryline and about to plant the ball we would've won.
            I saw many teams beat Wests this year by running big guys at pace at Brooks outstretched arm.

We only cottoned on to running big guys at pace at halves and centres...about mid season.
            We weren't refereed out of the game at all. Pematlies were 9-6 to Wests and they even played 10 mins with a player in the Bin. We just weren't good enough.

Comment

Originally posted by eddie View Post

Good post, food for thought.
              I certainly dont miss Pearces "deer in the headlights" type efforts.

Peoples take on the clubs stance is interesting................some think he was discreetly shown the exit, while others think the club genuinely wanted him to stay and benefit from Cronks composure....

I like to think the club didn't care either way.

Anyway, it all turned out for the best.
              Thanks Eddie. I think the proof is in the pudding. There was a ruthlessness about our grand final win that left no doubt about the result. We were 100% dedicated against the Storm. We crushed them. And each player knew there was a bloke out there with a broken scapula who wouldn't be anywhere else than be representing Easts, in the most difficult circumstance possible. He'd toughed it out through most of the final against Souths already. He knew what was coming. And like the greats he still looked to have time, no deer in the headlights panic.

That is inspirational dedication. That IS A LEADER. It's not the act of a selfish player but one putting his body and future on line to win this competition. And in the heat of those passionate moments it rose our team focus to a level unseen in years. Total commitement to the cause. Trent Robinson couldn't have asked for more. Neither could us fans. Whatever happens from now we are the premiers 2018. Mission accomplished. And Trent tossed the finals hoodoo.

Comment

Originally posted by SupermanSupportsEasts4Eva View Post
                Is it just me? In all these years I haven't seen anything from Brooks to think, wow I want this guy at my club.

I don't see what the big deal is TBH. Fair enough he plays for a rubbish club with a rubbish board but in all these years of being the no. 1 choice for halfback he has proven to be as bad as those around him.

I always thought Teddy was an exciting player when he was at the Tiggggers and knew that he would only get better with us. But as far as Brooks is concerned, I think that we have seen what he is capable of. This is the best season he has had, yet he still couldn't guide his team into the finals.

I'd rather go for one of the Lam/bs to replace CC than bring in Brooks
                You would say no to Brooks but would happily let Brock Lamb become our starting halfback...

he he has been horrible every time I’ve seen him play for the Knights

Comment

haha yea id tske brooks over lamb any day of the week. does everyone remember 2016 when we gave a rookie the reigns ? granted the kid was an idiot, but yea we need a contingency after cronk and brooks looks the most likely option, hell he woud thrive under robinson and a proper set up.

Comment

Maybe we get Hastings back?

Comment

Originally posted by David Bill Williams View Post

You would say no to Brooks but would happily let Brock Lamb become our starting halfback...

I wouldn’t take either Brooks or Lamb but we have the latter and his youth might be a blank canvass to work with the likes of Cronk. He might learn something. I also feel that Brown isn’t the most astute coach in the comp so maybe Lamb would have learned zero from Brown. I just hope another option rises to give us a good half by 2020.

Comment

I think hastings is playing in the uk now?

Comment

Originally posted by novice chook View Post

He is unfortunately managed by Issac Moses, who sells his soul on a regular basis to ensure his clients go to the highest bidder. He is the one who manages Teddy, M Moses (his nephew), Woods and Klemmer and who the Chooks have in the past refused to deal with, which is why Mini brokered Teddy's deal with him, and I'm sure he's still pissed off that Teddy went for success rather than the money offered at the spendthrift Dogs.

Klemmer's wanting to go to the Knights for huge dollars is just the latest example of the lengths I Moses will go to get a windfall for himself and his client.
                          I watched Brooks at junior level and he was a great organising half and if he wants to be like that at NRL level then come to the Roosters and be coached by the best.
                          I don't think Moses will be the problem. The problem will be if Brooks wants to leave the Tigers.
                          Out of the so called big 4 he was the only one that wanted to stay.
                          Why..I have no idea.

Comment

Originally posted by David Bill Williams View Post

I would not be jumping up and down about Lamb being our first choice, but I would prefer him over Brooks.

I haven't seen anything from Brooks at the Tiger that has impressed me. Don't think that he deserved the half back of the year award either

Comment

Originally posted by SupermanSupportsEasts4Eva View Post

I would not be jumping up and down about Lamb being our first choice, but I would prefer him over Brooks.

I haven't seen anything from Brooks at the Tiger that has impressed me. Don't think that he deserved the half back of the year award either
                              Whadda you mean?!??? Him, RTS and BJ Leilua were the shiiiizzz in 2018!!!

OMG. DREAM. TEAM. Twenty-Eighteen!!!

1. RTS (like a Ben Barba who do3sn't snort crack, gamble away his kids' money or run amok)
                              2. Makinson
                              3. Leilua
                              4. GI
                              5. Billy Slater
                              6. JT (ZMFG LAST SEASON... ziff you wouldn't give it to him!!!)
                              7. Brooksie!!!
                              8. Fifita
                              9. Cook
                              10. George Burgess
                              11. Whitehead
                              12. Ryan James
                              13. Josh Jackson

UNDEFEATABLE!!!
                              Last edited by ism22; 11-13-2018, 05:30 PM.

Comment

I reckon he's better than Pearce but the jury is still out on him. He makes a lot of mistakes.

Comment

Working...
                                X