Luke Brooks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Luke Brooks

Alot of talk about us being interested in him for Cronks replacement in 2020.
    I didn’t rate him at all before but watched him a lot more this year and it seems he’s really maturing as a player

with a proper team around him I can see him doing well in our colours

just growing into his boots, he will be very good

Comment

Amid rumours that the Sydney Roosters are set to lure Luke Brooks from Leichhardt, Michael Maguire has identified the Dally M Halfback of the Year as central to the Wests Tigers' future.

Comment

This rumour just doesn't feel right to me. I feel that Brooks isn't a 'Roosters player' and that Robbo and the club hierarchy wouldn't be pursuing him. I could be completely wrong but it doesn't seem like a fit - does anyone else feel the same?

Comment

Originally posted by Intercept View Post
          This rumour just doesn't feel right to me. I feel that Brooks isn't a 'Roosters player' and that Robbo and the club hierarchy wouldn't be pursuing him. I could be completely wrong but it doesn't seem like a fit - does anyone else feel the same?
          No..I think he would be a good fit. Any half back not wanting to be coached by Cronk would be stupid..including Pearce.
          Why do you think there would be a problem with Brooks?

Comment

Originally posted by Kelvin Johnson View Post

No..I think he would be a good fit. Any half back not wanting to be coached by Cronk would be stupid..including Pearce.
            I can't really put my finger on it Kelvin and I wish I could give you a better answer. But I think it's a bit about his playing style and a bit about my perception that he isn't a leader. I remember reading an article about one of our players returning from injury and Robbo said something along the lines of "it's not a question of being ready to play, it's a question of being ready to make a difference." Not that he is returning from injury but I feel like Luke Brooks is still just a player in his team, I don't feel like he owns it yet, like he is prepared to be the difference. Hence why I think we would be looking at other targets. I feel the same about Shaun Johnson too, by the way.

Comment

i can see him in a roosters jersey. i reckon he'd be a good fit, and play a style similar to how cronk has been in 2018, while keary sticks to being a running half. Id like to see brock lamb or lachlan lamb have a crack though
              EASTS TO WIN!

Comment

I can't really put my finger on it Kelvin and I wish I could give you a better answer. But I think it's a bit about his playing style and a bit about my perception that he isn't a leader. I remember reading an article about one of our players returning from injury and Robbo said something along the lines of "it's not a question of being ready to play, it's a question of being ready to make a difference." Not that he is returning from injury but I feel like Luke Brooks is still just a player in his team, I don't feel like he owns it yet, like he is prepared to be the difference. Hence why I think we would be looking at other targets. I feel the same about Shaun Johnson too, by the way.
                You need to take into account how many coaches have been at the Tigers since Brooks came into grade - it's not as if he's had the one constant teacher and mentor. He's had 3 or 4 over just the past few years and has been probably been given differing and conflicting messages from each of them. No should be surprised if that's stunted his development and progression.

Put him in a stable system where there is no constant upheaval, make it clear what his role is, and you will probably see a completely different player.

Supporting the RW&B, through good times and bad times.

Comment

Originally posted by Kelby View Post
                  Amid rumours that the Sydney Roosters are set to lure Luke Brooks from Leichhardt, Michael Maguire has identified the Dally M Halfback of the Year as central to the Wests Tigers' future.
                  Like Teddy before him. I'd have him at the club being trained by Cooper Cronk.

Comment

Originally posted by novice chook View Post

You need to take into account how many coaches have been at the Tigers since Brooks came into grade - it's not as if he's had the one constant teacher and mentor. He's had 3 or 4 over just the past few years and has been probably been given differing and conflicting messages from each of them. No should be surprised if that's stunted his development and progression.

Put him in a stable system where there is no constant upheaval, make it clear what his role is, and you will probably see a completely different player.
                    Yeah, that's a fair point Novice Chook and you might well be right. There's plenty of better judges than me at the Roosters and if they believe Brooks is the right choice then he probably is. It just struck me as maybe his manager talking up his next deal but maybe we actually are sniffing around.

Comment

Yeah, that's a fair point Novice Chook and you might well be right. There's plenty of better judges than me at the Roosters and if they believe Brooks is the right choice then he probably is. It just struck me as maybe his manager talking up his next deal but maybe we actually are sniffing around.
                      He is unfortunately managed by Issac Moses, who sells his soul on a regular basis to ensure his clients go to the highest bidder. He is the one who manages Teddy, M Moses (his nephew), Woods and Klemmer and who the Chooks have in the past refused to deal with, which is why Mini brokered Teddy's deal with him, and I'm sure he's still pissed off that Teddy went for success rather than the money offered at the spendthrift Dogs.

Klemmer's wanting to go to the Knights for huge dollars is just the latest example of the lengths I Moses will go to get a windfall for himself and his client.

Supporting the RW&B, through good times and bad times.

Comment

Brooks?
                        No thanks.

How to beat the Tigers...run big guys at Brooks all game.

Anyway ... thought Lam was going to be our halfback.
                        Last edited by bondi.boy; 11-09-2018, 03:27 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Kelvin Johnson View Post

I dunno... was it really stupid of Pearce?

IMO while Cronk's awesome, Pearce has been around long enough to be in a position where he can build his own game and take his own direction. He was clearly forced out of Bondi and IMO playing 2nd fiddle to Cronk wasn't in his best interests because he's a starting, Origin-grade half... not some kid needing a heap of hand holding.

It would be a bit like having a team where Rudd and Gillard are playing together. Possibly a bit like having Smith and Cronk together for 1 more year (dare I say). I don't think trapping a born leader into a box and asking them to do the job of an amazing intermediate-level staff member (subordinate to the new leader) is te solution.

Pearce woulda been outright captain but for 1 silly night. He learned his lesson and (IMO rightfully) made the call to move sideways into another leadership role rather than stepping down and pretending he's got zero leadership ambitions.

Comment

Originally posted by bondi.boy View Post
                            Brooks?
                            No thanks.

How to beat the Tigers...run big guys at Brooks all game.

Anyway ... thought Lam was going to be our halfback.
                            We tried that in Round 1 and look where it got us. His defence has improved and I'm sure it would improve again under our system.

Comment

Originally posted by Headless Chook View Post

We tried that in Round 1 and look where it got us. His defence has improved and I'm sure it would improve again under our system.
                              As I remember it we were refereed out of that game at ANZ.
                              If Cornish's arm hadn't been knocked when he was over the tryline and about to plant the ball we would've won.
                              I saw many teams beat Wests this year by running big guys at pace at Brooks outstretched arm.

We only cottoned on to running big guys at pace at halves and centres...about mid season.

Comment

Working...
                              X