No announcement yet.

World Club Challenge Feb 17th

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I know that many don't like the concept but I'm still so proud that Easts have been able to win the WCC again.

The club has not only won it more times than any other Australian team it has now also won it an equal world record 4 times.

The best most successful club in the world and deserving of the tag "World Champions"

Comment

I thought Cooper Cronk overall played well, and looked quite sharp and deadly with the ball in hand. Their were a few errors, but thatís to be expected in the first real game weíve played this year. He was good defensively too
      Last edited by QWERTY; 02-18-2019, 08:54 AM.
      "Astroturf? You know who's responsible for that, don't you?! The Jews! Ah, the Jews hate grass. They always have, they always will."

George Costanza (Jason Alexander), Seinfeld

Comment

Originally posted by SupermanSupportsEasts4Eva View Post
        I know that many don't like the concept but I'm still so proud that Easts have been able to win the WCC again.

The club has not only won it more times than any other Australian team it has now also won it an equal world record 4 times.

The best most successful club in the world and deserving of the tag "World Champions"
        Itís a great concept and often doesnít get the recognition it deserves. Iíd like to see it played straight after the grand final though.

Comment

Originally posted by Louis N View Post
          A perfect centre kick from Ikuvalu...but Collins unable to pick it on the run.
          poor decision for a winger to kick on tackle 4 when we are making meters.
          1911 1912 1913 1923 1935 1936 1937 1940 1945 1974 1975 2002 2013 2018 2019

Comment

JWH has slimmed down alot... expecting more mins with Napa gone?
            My Roosters Channel - youtube.com/IRoostermanI
            My Gaming Channel - youtube.com/xIVERTiiGOIx

Comment

Originally posted by DanWRL View Post

Itís a great concept and often doesnít get the recognition it deserves. Iíd like to see it played straight after the grand final though.
              Playing it in late October could be an option. Another would be to play it as a knockout comp (semis and a final series) over a fortnight period comprising the GF finalists from the NRL and SL.

​​​​​​​IMO the world of RL would be better off placing more emphasis on the WCC just like soccer does with its champions league.

Comment

4 x wcc trophies...

grand final trophy>x 14>>>>Image result for nrl grand final  challenge trophy

minor premiers trophy>>>x8>>>>

BRETT MORRIS 68 GAMES DULLBOGS FOR ZERO TROPHIES AND 1 GAME ROOSTERS 1 TROPHY
                1911 1912 1913 1923 1935 1936 1937 1940 1945 1974 1975 2002 2013 2018 2019

Comment

Originally posted by roosterproud View Post

poor decision for a winger to kick on tackle 4 when we are making meters.
                  I thought Ikuvalu was very average - throwing it carelessly in between his legs when the ball was going out (not sure if it was even a 40/20?), 2 kicks from the wing before the 5th tackle when probably better just to take the tackle, almost fumbled in goal...just looks so nervous in first grade. I know he is only a few games in but doesn't fit in at this level. I think he must work hard at training and has gained respect but Robbo wouldn't have liked the signs of lack of composure

Glad we will have Hall as backup when he returns from injury as I think if we need to rely on Ikuvalu to fill in at wing throughout the season he has enough nervous brain snap to cost us games against NRL sides

Comment

Hi everyone!

Of note to me was our defense. Great game by Morris. Congratulations to the best NRL team in the world!

Comment

• I love the WCC. As a kid I used to love watching it, even though Easts were nowhere near a chance of going over there in the 80s and 90s.

It's great that we take it so seriously as a club. We look professional and international. The pride of the league.

You get the feeling the likes of Cronulla or whatever didn't do it justice.

Comment

• Originally posted by DanWRL View Post

Heís only just came back from an ACL injury mate. Iíd say itíll take him a bit to get back into the swing of things.
                        What's the contract situation with George Williams? Chooks could be looking for a new half at the end of the season.....

Comment

• Originally posted by Headless Chook View Post

What's the contract situation with George Williams? Chooks could be looking for a new half at the end of the season.....
                          Signed a lengthy contract the season before last. Heís our marquee player so would require top dollar to pride him away. He said just recently that heís doesnít intent on giving it a shot in the NRL for a few more years.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bansai Pipeline View Post
                            I love the WCC. As a kid I used to love watching it, even though Easts were nowhere near a chance of going over there in the 80s and 90s.

It's great that we take it so seriously as a club. We look professional and international. The pride of the league.

You get the feeling the likes of Cronulla or whatever didn't do it justice.
                            I saw the chooks defeat St Helens in 76
                            Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe

Comment

• Originally posted by NorthChook View Post

I thought Ikuvalu was very average - throwing it carelessly in between his legs when the ball was going out (not sure if it was even a 40/20?), 2 kicks from the wing before the 5th tackle when probably better just to take the tackle, almost fumbled in goal...just looks so nervous in first grade. I know he is only a few games in but doesn't fit in at this level. I think he must work hard at training and has gained respect but Robbo wouldn't have liked the signs of lack of composure

Glad we will have Hall as backup when he returns from injury as I think if we need to rely on Ikuvalu to fill in at wing throughout the season he has enough nervous brain snap to cost us games against NRL sides
                              Geez you're a hard marker. Overall I thought the young fella did well on his biggest stage yet. His flick back was amazingly skilful.

Our three quarter line was a bit patched up dont forget....Ikuvalu usually a centre playing wing, and it must have been a long time since BMoz has played centre himself.

I]SBW at the beach .[/I]

Comment

• Originally posted by Spirit of 66 View Post
                                I quite like the ref, but the 10m was a joke.
                                I like him also but stuff me, how about the play the ball. I think I saw the Wigan side play the ball properly about 3 times the entire match. Not only did they not play it with the foot, but were not even facing the right direction some of the time.

Very proud to see our boys not follow suit and stuck to doing the basics right. Obviously well drilled towards this years comp. Also great to see very little arguments with the officials even when they looked hard done by. Very professional hit our and well drilled albeit quite rusty.
                                I love porcelain hand dryers.

Comment

Working...
                                X