17 Siosiua Taukeiaho

PR roles:

Ryan Hall
    Asu Kepaoa
    Luke Keary
    Boyd Cordner
    Angus Crichton
    Zane Tetevano

It's going to be a long season.........................................

Comment

Originally posted by ism22 View Post

He's not in the team photo but mighta been off doing a slash or something?

If they get within 20 points of us I'd be surprised.

Close your eyes and try to imagine a Super League club with Cronk, Cords, Teddy, Keary, JWH, Crichton, Latrell, Manu...etc in it. They are quite literally not in the same league as us.
      A few of the lads arent in the pic...Easts Facebook suggests it was their sense of duty free.....

of any personal considerations.

I]SBW at the beach .[/I]

Comment

Roosters young gun Lachlan Lam is poised to make his top grade debut for the club in next weekend’s World Club Challenge - against dad Adrian’s Wigan.

Lam has played for Papua New Guinea in the World Cup but has yet to break into the Roosters’ top side in the NRL.

But with a doubt over star five-eighth Luke Keary (foot), the 20-year-old could make a fairytale first-up appearance against his dad and mentor.

Lam recently signed a new deal with the Roosters after knocking back an offer to join his dad at Wigan.

A Wigan legend in his playing days, Adrian Lam also starred for the Roosters and has been coaching the club’s juniors before getting the chance to coach Wigan for a year this season.

The Roosters flew out of Sydney this weekend with a 22-man squad for the big game. But coach Trent Robinson is attempting to play down the chances of Lam playing to keep the pressure off the youngster.

"He's in the 22, so he's a chance of playing,” a tight-lipped Robinson said.

https://wwos.nine.com.au/nrl/nrl-new...3-58cf25bdeed4

Comment

Was it Wigan or St Helens who made Jayden Nikorima look like Brett Kenny?

If young Lam debuts then I'm sure he'll do fine playing alongside Cronk.

Comment

Reading that interview with Craig Fitzgibbon on the Roosters website you can sense how seriously Robbo is taking this WCC against Wigan, excited to see what tweaks Adam O'Brien is trying to implement to the attack, also how Crichton fits on that right side fringe.

Comment

chriton will be playing more like a center than a second row. thats his original position anyway

Comment

Good article pre WCC in todays Astonisher...some Robbo gems of wisdom and positivity if anyone can copy it?

I]SBW at the beach .[/I]

Comment

Originally posted by Tommy Smith View Post
                  Was it Wigan or St Helens who made Jayden Nikorima look like Brett Kenny?

If young Lam debuts then I'm sure he'll do fine playing alongside Cronk.
                  It was against St. Helens in 2016 in the World club series. I think it wasn't long after this Ray Stehr (present at thechookpen - obviously not the deceased) made the comment he will be the Roosters saviour for many years to come or words to that effect!
                  "Do you expect me to talk"? "No, Mr. Bond, I expect you to die".

Comment

what Ray meant to say was " he will be in rehab for many years to come or words to that effect! '
                    1911 1912 1913 1923 1935 1936 1937 1940 1945 1974 1975 2002 2013 2018 2019

Comment

a good read....roosters site with Craig Wing

Trent Robinson and Roosters players.
                      I don't know what the preparation of the other NRL clubs were like but I know when you've been training hard in the Australian summer then you go over there, it can be a bit of a shock. It's cold and raining and miserable, the ground you train on feels heavy and soggy and the facilities more often than not were substandard. You could be forgiven for feeling like you just wanted to get through the game and get back to Australia.

But Trent Robinson is big on history and once you dig into that you start to play for something a bit bigger than yourself and your immediate team which can add a few percentage points of effort. I had a chat to Robbo before they went over and he said they were going have a bit of fun, treat it as an opportunity to visit Europe and do something different but also take the match seriously and give it the respect it deserves. A turning point in my career

That trip to England turned out to be a big turning point in my career, but not for the reasons I would have wanted.

When we won the grand final I played at halfback but over the off-season the club bought Brett Finch. All the talk during the pre-season was that he and I would have to fight it out for the halfback position. I started the World Club Challenge at halfback but hurt my ankle and missed the start of the year and that was it, I pretty much never played halfback again.

I did my ankle in the first half but we were flying back the next day and the doc told me to leave the strapping tape on to stop my ankle blowing up so I couldn't really celebrate the win with everyone else.

I was in such pain trying to sleep that night the doc came in and gave me an injection so I could sleep. We got back to London then I had to get the plane to Sydney and go straight to the physio in Kensington and they cut the tape off my ankle. I had a syndesmosis injury and I'm not sure we knew how to treat it as well back then. I didn't get an operation but I missed the start of the season and spent almost the whole year at hooker.

I also remember from that game, Brad Fittler scored a try and the in-goal was frozen, he hit his head on the ground and ripped the top of his scalp off his head!

But I don't regret the trip at all. Ricky Stuart and the staff we had were pretty cool, it was a fun adventure. We had old heads steering the ship like Freddy and Luke Ricketson and we had a good time.

Comment

Originally posted by 007 View Post

It was against St. Helens in 2016 in the World club series. I think it wasn't long after this Ray Stehr (present at thechookpen - obviously not the deceased) made the comment he will be the Roosters saviour for many years to come or words to that effect!
                        He's copped a lot of flack for it. But honestly even Robbo was absolutely glowing in high praise for Nikorima in the after match wrap up. It was short lived and he may be better suited to Super League.

Jyaden was thrust into first grade and really couldn't handle the pace and was susceptible to concussion. Plus seemed to pick his moments rather than put in a full performance - even with Wyong. Attitude was nowhere near first grade standard. Pity as he had ability, even Latrell heaped the superlatives on his kicking game after one Roos victory. I'm glad he's gone though - attitude is everything.

Comment

Originally posted by 007 View Post

As did you with Hastings - normally you are pretty much on the money though.

Comment

Why is the game played on a Sunday night/Monday morning?

Would make more sense if it was played on a Saturday night/Sunday morning so we can all watch it.
                            Born and bred in the eastern suburbs.

Comment

I watched the Wigan v Leeds game that was on over the weekend & that George Williams the Wigan 5/8 is dangerous with the ball in hand. I can see him playing in the NRL.
                              "Originally posted by Elvis Rooster"
                              So while most of us were getting excited about the start of the season our resident Junkie Jim the Jailbird, the guy who would like to break into your house and steal your tv and toaster, Mickey Lane is at it again. Here is his latest beauty.
                              ​"Do you want white or wholemeal toast?"
                              I tell you guys this is one sick son of a bitch;

Comment

World Club Challenge: How Adrian Morley became a Sydney Roosters legend

February 12, 2019 TheLanDownUnder 0 Comments

Adrian Morley’s ‘little book’ helped him become a Sydney Roosters legend in six blockbusting years down under.

And his love affair with the Tricolours endures. He may be a proud Brit, but he’s tipping his former Aussie club to lift the World Club title against Wigan on Sunday.

“If it had been any other Australian team, I’d have been going for the English side,” Morley told the 5 Live Rugby League podcast. “But I had only one side in Australia and I have quite an affiliation with them.

“The fans were absolutely brilliant to me, they enjoyed the way I played because I left everything out there. They made banners and they sang my song.

“So, sorry if you’re a Wigan fan, but I’ll be cheering on the Roosters this weekend.” Roosters move a gamble

Morley took a gamble on a career down under as a 23-year-old in 2001. At the time it was not fashionable for British players to move to the NRL.

He took a pay cut to test himself in what he considered the best competition in the world, and he does not regret a single moment.

“I got offered more money to stay in the Super League, but I thought if I didn’t go now, I might not get another opportunity,” Morley said.

“I was really pleased with how it went. It does help when you win a Grand Final and make two more Grand Finals. It was a fantastic time.” Feared and respected in the NRL – the ‘little book’

Adrian Morley’s physicality was a big part of his appeal to Roosters fans
                                The hard-hitting prop joined up with his former Leeds coach Graham Murray at the Roosters and quickly became one of the most feared forwards in the competition.

Morley is still rated as one of the best English imports by Aussie fans and he’s got his ‘little book’ to thank.

“Someone from Canterbury Bankstown had written in the paper something like ‘we’re not scared of the Roosters forwards’.

“As I walked into the changing rooms [my team-mates] said ‘have you seen that?’, so I said don’t worry he’s in the book.” says Morley. “That day I battered him all game.

“The following week [then-Roosters coach] Ricky Stewart asked who was in the book that week, and I picked a random name from their forwards and said: ‘He is!’ And again I battered him all game.

“That was it then. I got my team-mates coming up to me and asking ‘Mozza, can you put so and so in the book because I don’t like him’ and I’d tell them get your own book,” he laughs.

“It was a bit of fun, but it was important for me because it gave me a focus to target someone.

“I knew I was onto something when I’d be out in Sydney in a bar, having a drink with opposing players. We’d have a few beers and then they’d say ‘You’re not going to put me in the book are you?’ and I thought – ‘I’ve got you!’ That was the tool I used.” Will Wigan be able to stop the Chooks?

Adrian Morley played more than 100 games in the NRL for the Roosters during his six-year stint.
                                Adrian Morley played more than 100 games in the NRL for the Roosters during his six-year stint.

Morley starred in one World Club Challenge victory for the Roosters, scoring a try in their 38-0 drubbing of St Helens in 2003.

He doesn’t think the current NRL Champions will have it all their own way this time around, but he is confident they will win.

“I just think the Roosters will be a bit strong for Wigan. The amount of experienced personnel Wigan have lost will have an effect.” he says.

“I know the Roosters have come over early because they want to win it, going to Paris and playing a trial game over there.

“Wigan have the luxury that they will have played two fully-fledged, competitive Super League games and it won’t be a landslide by any means. But I think the Roosters will be too strong.”

Comment

Working...
                                X