Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Roosters initial 30 man squad for 2019

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #76
    How does this work? NRL asks you to name the top 26 by DD/MM/YYYY... then Napa leaves.

    Whether or not we sign somebody else, does this mean his place has to be filled? (Noting we named more than 26, of course).

    Comment


    • #77
      I believe that the two Bakers are not related. Mckenzie is an indigenous kid who plays full back and Fletcher is a caucasian second rower. The latter is a big boy for a youngster as he is 6'3 and over 100kgs and plays similarly to Boyd Cordner.

      Comment


      • #78
        Originally posted by Nonester1 View Post
        I believe that the two Bakers are not related.
        But they've both got surnames as christian names?

        Comment


        • #79
          Can they bake pies?

          Comment


          • #80
            Better then Garlick pies?

            Comment


            • #81
              Originally posted by ism22 View Post
              How does this work? NRL asks you to name the top 26 by DD/MM/YYYY... then Napa leaves.

              Whether or not we sign somebody else, does this mean his place has to be filled? (Noting we named more than 26, of course).
              i think there are certain dates set each season where teams must be salary cap and squad size compliant not exactly sure but something like:

              Late Feb before the season starts the clubs must submit a required % of there final squad to the NRL
              June 30th clubs submit (final squad) 100% of there roster quota to the NRL
              Nov 1st clubs submit preliminary squad for following season

              Comment


              • #82
                I hope the Baker Boys are Fabulous for us..


                I]SBW at the beach .[/I]

                Comment


                • #83
                  Originally posted by ism22 View Post
                  How does this work? NRL asks you to name the top 26 by DD/MM/YYYY... then Napa leaves.

                  Whether or not we sign somebody else, does this mean his place has to be filled? (Noting we named more than 26, of course).
                  Here is a link to nrl.com which gives more info

                  https://www.nrl.com/news/2018/02/26/...-tigers-exile/

                  Comment


                  • #84
                    Originally posted by Thirteen View Post

                    Id be absolutely delighted.
                    Easily pleased...

                    Comment


                    • #85
                      Originally posted by "gaz" View Post

                      Here is a link to nrl.com which gives more info

                      https://www.nrl.com/news/2018/02/26/...-tigers-exile/
                      Such an odd system and I betcha the real goal is to phase outmid-season transfers. The side effect will be that (as they note) players outside the NRL will struggle to find a place mid-season. Also, teams will be fukt is (for example) players get injured or guys like FPN/Reece Robinson don't perform... under this kinda system, Ikuvalu and Momirovski would get the flick.

                      > Coaches will no longer be able to exile big-name players in a bid to encourage them to leave under changes to the NRL roster system requiring each club to finalise a 29-man squad by March 1.

                      That's not true. You can name somebody in your top 30 then select them in reserve grade. Farah was never punted from the top squad... he just wasn't selected because there was a conflict between him and the coach. Coach can pick whatever team it wants!

                      Gaaar the NRL and the stupid players union are a bunch of absolute flogs that love slipping in stupid rules every season.

                      Comment


                      • #86
                        Originally posted by ism22 View Post
                        Such an odd system
                        It's the nrl.
                        I cant think of any facet of the game that uses a system with an iota of common sense in it.

                        Fair dinkum.

                        Comment


                        • #87
                          Originally posted by ism22 View Post

                          Such an odd system and I betcha the real goal is to phase outmid-season transfers. The side effect will be that (as they note) players outside the NRL will struggle to find a place mid-season. Also, teams will be fukt is (for example) players get injured or guys like FPN/Reece Robinson don't perform... under this kinda system, Ikuvalu and Momirovski would get the flick.

                          > Coaches will no longer be able to exile big-name players in a bid to encourage them to leave under changes to the NRL roster system requiring each club to finalise a 29-man squad by March 1.

                          That's not true. You can name somebody in your top 30 then select them in reserve grade. Farah was never punted from the top squad... he just wasn't selected because there was a conflict between him and the coach. Coach can pick whatever team it wants!

                          Gaaar the NRL and the stupid players union are a bunch of absolute flogs that love slipping in stupid rules every season.
                          I reckon just the opposite Jizzy.

                          Look at every other pro sport on the planet.

                          Mid season transfers, injured reserve lists, loaning talent, external drafts etc.

                          Its just taking a while to educate us punters.

                          One thing we embraced early on as a Club, The Professional Era. I love it personally.



                          The FlogPen .

                          You know it makes sense.

                          Comment

                          Working...
                          X