No announcement yet.

Your predictions for 2019?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Don't underestimate the impact of the nomadic existence.

Its hard for teams to have a winning season without a home base that feels like it....for players and fans.

Our biggest test methinks in 2019.

Comment

I love the Chooks but they wont go back to back. I think they can make the top 4 & maybe the GF but I wouldnt put my money on them to go B2B. You need a massive amount of luck to win the comp & no injuries. If they lose JWH, Cronk or Tedesco things will get very hard.

Comment

We start the year absolutely miles ahead of the next best team imo.

Our GF performance was at least two tries ahead of anyone else. And most likely 3 tries better tbh.

So we may be as far ahead as the rest as the Storm were in 2017 when they won the comp easily.

The major challenges will be injuries and of course maintaining the huge desire we showed in this year's finals series.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks Fur Coat View Post
          Don't underestimate the impact of the nomadic existence.

Its hard for teams to have a winning season without a home base that feels like it....for players and fans.

Our biggest test methinks in 2019.
          Its not as if we're moving suburbs or across the city, and it didn't seem to worry Parramatta when they went back to back to back in 81, 82 and 83 after Cumberland Oval was demolished at the end of 81.

Comment

The SCG isn't a rectangle like most other grounds and playing on it gets a bit of getting used to, especially for kickers who have to ignore the shape of the ground. That we're playing on it regularly should give us an advantage on that front.

So long as us fans get out in large numbers the move should work to our advantage.

Our move to Henson Park in 1987 didn't hurt us as we finished 2nd after for and away, so maybe we should stop whinging and be excited about playing on the SCG. I am. We've won GFs there, FFS.

Comment

Wonder if SCG better to sleep on than Roosterdome

do roosters plan a slumber party this season?
              Written and published on behalf of the Liberal Party, Queensland

Comment

Me to keep losing hair, few extra kilos, hating my job even though im overpaid....and me wanting to always buy bags on the odd occasion i drink

Comment

Originally posted by Mickie Lane View Post
                  I love the Chooks but they wont go back to back. I think they can make the top 4 & maybe the GF but I wouldnt put my money on them to go B2B. You need a massive amount of luck to win the comp & no injuries. If they lose JWH, Cronk or Tedesco things will get very hard.
                  I think 2018 took a lot of luck and so did 2013 (although opposition fans will say both were rigged because we were shock horror, able to recruit 2 star players - how dare we).

We can legitimately expect to finish top 8 with the squad we've got on paper. Anything else will depend on luck, coaching and composure during key moments.

As usual I expect us to lose a heap of stupid games and then force ourselves to have to perform during more difficult games later on. Never known a Roosters team that doesn't drop a heap of stupid games.

If we were coached like the Raiders or the Tigpies (i.e. not at all) then I'd expect us (from round 1) to score a heap of freakish tries through sheer razzle dazzle (e.g. Keary zipping all over the place and doing wild passes to the outside backs). This would get us into the bottom of the too 8 on raw talent. However, we'd have a heap of injuries and our game would never improve, leading to a slow, tiring finish. IMO with Robbo's focus on structure and defence we'll have a moderate start and we'll drop some stupid games (because structure > beating the Sharks/Eels in May... or whenever we play them). However, we'll have a very tactical finish to the year and HOPEFULLY have few enough injuries (and few enough stupid losses) that we can finish top 4.

Comment

Originally posted by The Axe View Post

I believe they are planning another sleepover. The thinking might be that it worked alright last year ...

Comment

Originally posted by zac View Post

I believe they are planning another sleepover. The thinking might be that it worked alright last year ...
                      Thanks zac. Are the women’s team planning the same?
                      Written and published on behalf of the Liberal Party, Queensland

Comment

Thanks zac. Are the women’s team planning the same?
                        Yep, the women's team are planning the same and I'm working security to keep perverts like you away.

Comment

Doggies for the spoon.

Was looking at their squad recently. Thread bare.

Comment

Roman toga party me hopes!

Comment

Roosters to go back to back and be Premiers again in 2019.
                              Sickie Lame .... King of Bestiality

Comment

Originally posted by Tommy Smith View Post
                                We start the year absolutely miles ahead of the next best team imo.

Our GF performance was at least two tries ahead of anyone else. And most likely 3 tries better tbh.

So we may be as far ahead as the rest as the Storm were in 2017 when they won the comp easily.

The major challenges will be injuries and of course maintaining the huge desire we showed in this year's finals series.
                                Spot on Tommy.

We have added to the squad with gus, hall, morris, garvey. Some good improvement in collins, butcher, matt iluvcu, farmer, stili and curran.
                                Desire will be a problem, would love a toopow in the forwards. Injuries, fingers crossed, but we seem to have a great rehabilitation center and post game management.

We have everything going for us thou in 2019.

Comment

Working...
                                X