Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Your predictions for 2019?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    cowboys to bomb , ive got manly and parra for the spoon sorry kid, riff, brisbane and souths our biggest threats

    Comment


    • #32
      Roosters to sign S.Johnson to replace Cronk for 2020 as 5/8, Keary to gain more experience running the team with the aim to play 7

      Comment


      • #33
        Originally posted by NorthChook View Post
        Roosters to sign S.Johnson to replace Cronk for 2020 as 5/8, Keary to gain more experience running the team with the aim to play 7
        shit man just logged on to type the exact same comment
        Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe

        Comment


        • #34
          I'd be wary of Johnson.

          Like Benji Marshall he relies heavily on his speed and evasiveness because he's not a great ball player.

          And as soon as Benji lost his step he became a pretty average halfback.

          SJ would be 29 at the start of 2020 and he's had a couple of leg injuries recently too. If he loses his zip he could become a very average player overnight just like Benji.

          Comment


          • #35
            Originally posted by Tommy Smith View Post
            I'd be wary of Johnson.

            Like Benji Marshall he relies heavily on his speed and evasiveness because he's not a great ball player.

            And as soon as Benji lost his step he became a pretty average halfback.

            SJ would be 29 at the start of 2020 and he's had a couple of leg injuries recently too. If he loses his zip he could become a very average player overnight just like Benji.
            If he decides to stop living the rock star life he has in NZ hw would be a world beater.
            Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe

            Comment


            • #36
              I think our club with Robbo as coach has a great chance of making Johnson into a Star player he should have been. Big part of our recent success (apart from bringing through quality youngsters) has been taking talented players from other clubs who were struggling either individually or because of their team, putting them into a consistent team and getting them to perform the way people always though they could (e.g Fergo, keary, Jennings, teddy etc)

              Johnson could reach a whole new level with a consistent, successful team with good leadership. At the warriors with their apparent ‘bro culture’ and inconsistent form they play a lot of expectation on him to just create something out of no where - which he can do at times but impossible to carry a team like that forever.

              very similar to teddy at the tigers then going to the chooks. I think we gamble on an experienced player with potential again rather than risk another youngster playing halves (like J.Hastings) and the team falls apart...the club and Robbo would have to be very confident in a rookies potential (and a steady head) to go with that option
              Last edited by NorthChook; 10-26-2018, 04:08 PM.

              Comment


              • #37
                No thanks to Johnson. brilliant but lazy and erratic and goes completely missing at times. Not a game manager, not what we need.

                Comment


                • #38
                  Originally posted by NorthChook View Post
                  I think our club with Robbo as coach has a great chance of making Johnson into a Star player he should have been. Big part of our recent success (apart from bringing through quality youngsters) has been taking talented players from other clubs who were struggling either individually or because of their team, putting them into a consistent team and getting them to perform the way people always though they could (e.g Fergo, keary, Jennings, teddy etc)

                  Johnson could reach a whole new level with a consistent, successful team with good leadership. At the warriors with their apparent ‘bro culture’ and inconsistent form they play a lot of expectation on him to just create something out of no where - which he can do at times but impossible to carry a team like that forever.

                  very similar to teddy at the tigers then going to the chooks. I think we gamble on an experienced player with potential again rather than risk another youngster playing halves (like J.Hastings) and the team falls apart...the club and Robbo would have to be very confident in a rookies potential (and a steady head) to go with that option
                  Different situation mate.Hastings was given the reins of a team that was minus RTS Maloney Jennings Cordner JWH and Pearce. You may as well say Guerra as well considering he dogged it all year. it would be a big ask to throw a youngster in minus Teddy Latrell Keary Cordner JWH Cronk and lets say someone like Liu decided to chuck a Guerra. This time our young half should be surrounded by a still very strong team.

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    Any good young half will flourish in our team atm.

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      Originally posted by Kelby View Post
                      Any good young half will flourish in our team atm.
                      With talent and a willingness to learn yes...but no to 30 year old halfbacks..as dynamite a touch footy player as SJ is.


                      I]SBW at the beach .[/I]

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        In 2019 I think we should think about using Aubo on the bench as our back up half, aside from whatever else he does. We were going to use him that way in the GF if Cronk didn't play, so why not use him as cover if Keary or Cronk goes down during a game, with the remaining half taking on all play-making duties? Jake can play 80, so Brock Lamb wouldn't see much game time. This way we can have a balanced bench of 3 middles and Aubo. We'd have a problem if Jake is injured, but with Radley and even perhaps Keary (who I'm starting to think can maybe do anything), you could probably cover.

                        Brock Lamb/Lachlan Lam will get chances through injury/SOO and can still develop as future long term possibilities. Maybe we could put one of them on the bench in a couple of games when we want to give Jake a bit of a rest.

                        Comment


                        • #42
                          2019 we'll win another title.
                          St Merge and souffs can fight out the May premiership.

                          It's hard to tell who will be our closest competition at this stage, especially with all the coach-swapping drama.
                          Cronulla will be there abouts I suppose, Penrith are relying on Maloney's fitness and bronco pty ltd are over-rated. They'll be counting mainly on their inexperienced forward pack. I dont rate their halves, and their fullback is finished.
                          Newcastle should make the 8, but they've got Pearce to kill off their chances when the big games are on.
                          Manly, Titans, Tigers and berries will improve, but not enough to be on our level.

                          Our biggest threat will be the nrl and their minions , the game managers.
                          The trophy must be shared around, remember?
                          Injuries to players like Cronk, Mitchell or JWH will bring us back to the pack, but that's something we cant control.
                          Even with the best team, you need a bit of luck to win a comp, let alone two in a row.

                          Comment


                          • #43
                            Manly to make the GF after resigning Watmough.
                            "Originally posted by Elvis Rooster"
                            So while most of us were getting excited about the start of the season our resident Junkie Jim the Jailbird, the guy who would like to break into your house and steal your tv and toaster, Mickey Lane is at it again. Here is his latest beauty.
                            ​"Do you want white or wholemeal toast?"
                            I tell you guys this is one sick son of a bitch;

                            Comment


                            • #44
                              I reckon the Tigers will do pretty well with Madge TBH.

                              I hope we get a good off-season in. I worry about fatigue with all our test and WCC commitments.

                              Comment


                              • #45
                                Originally posted by Bansai Pipeline View Post
                                I reckon the Tigers will do pretty well with Madge TBH.

                                I hope we get a good off-season in. I worry about fatigue with all our test and WCC commitments.
                                I imagine that JWH, Manu and Liu will be given until the new year off. The other rep players wouldn't be far behind.

                                After such a long and epic season I think it's very important that our end of season rep players get a lengthy break to refuel mentally as much as physically.

                                Especially when going b2b will be a mental challenge more than anything as we clearly have the best team. They'll just need to match the chasing pack for hunger in the big games.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X