Premiers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Johnny Tobin View Post

I have watched that first half about twenty times - both fox and nine. It's glorious.
    hahhah i thought I was the only one ..fark it may watch it now again,...best half of footy ever
    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe

Comment

Next year wont be an easy ride, we are going to have a hugely interepted pre-season, with many players having a long rest after representative duties, some recovering from serious offseason surgeries, and a probable World Cup Challenge over in the UK. The injury to Ryan Hall may be be very telling, after his ACL injury, and letting Ferguson go now, so Trent will have his hands full, so hopefully his new assistant we secured from the Storm , steps up tp the mark, and prove to be a god one.

Comment

No matter how many times I watch it, I am still in awe of that first half. Masterful coaching and sublime team performance.

I have no doubt there is room for improvement - but I've also learned not to be too greedy. Premierships are hard to come by, and there is a reason no one has gone back to back since the 90s.

I am just stoked we only had to wait 5 years between premiership glory this time around.
        Supporting the RW&B, through good times and bad times.

Comment

I am excited to see what the new coach brings.
          There's suggestions that should Seibold head north he is advocating for O'Brien to be his replacement.

Comment

I am excited to see what the new coach brings.
            He is a gun Coach mate,we will be more lethal with the ball!

Comment

If we can get through the season without major injuries we have a great chance of going b2b. I think Crichton will flourish under Robbos coaching. He has a great offload and that’s probably the only area where we have been a bit weak. I reckon Teddy’s game will benefit if he shadows Crichton. Anyone heard how Bernard Lewis is now? He was so promising before doing his ACL. He and Ikuvalu would be good backup for Morris with Hall not being ready for a while.

Comment

Originally posted by Lydon View Post
                He is a gun Coach mate,we will be more lethal with the ball!
                Exciting when you think we have the two best centres in the game as well as the best fullback and arguably the best five-eight.

Comment

Exciting when you think we have the two best centres in the game as well as the best fullback and arguably the best five-eight.
                  And the smartest halfback in the game whom he has a great relationship with from their Storm days..

Sky is the limit next year!

Comment

Originally posted by RoosterChick View Post

No maybe about it. Cronk was their linchpin. The halfback always is. Without him the Storm are nowhere near what they were in 2017.
                    I really believe the game would have been a lot closer if he hadn’t played. But he did play and his courageous performance will go down in history.
                    The 3 GFs that they have lost in 09 no Smiff and 16 no Sluter and 18 no Cronkite.

They have always been best when they are together.

Apart they are nowhere as strong.

Cronkite though proving he can succeed without the other 2.

That is the real story IMO.

The bloke put it all on the line, left everything hes known to start again, then got badly injured and made the GF against his former amigos to SMASH them.

Stuff that becomes folklaw in our great game.

And we got to live it.

GO EASTS

The FlogPen .

You know it makes sense.

Comment

Originally posted by theGman View Post
                      I'm still driving around with my Roosters supporters flag copping dirty looks.

How long is too long to brag? When should i take it off??
                      When we are no longer premiers.

Born and bred in the eastern suburbs.

Comment

Originally posted by RoosterChick View Post
                        Anyone heard how Bernard Lewis is now? He was so promising before doing his ACL. He and Ikuvalu would be good backup for Morris with Hall not being ready for a while.
                        Can't comment on Lewis because I don't know but he, Toups, Hall and Morris are all left wingers so there is definitely competition there which is a good thing. Ikuvalu from the little I've seen and the few games he's played I wouldn't hesitate having him as a starting winger in 2019. His best days are definitely in front of him and I think he has the right attitude to be a successful Rugby League player.
                        "Do you expect me to talk"? "No, Mr. Bond, I expect you to die".

Comment

7. I think our current 2 will go to 5 adding to 7
                          Written and published on behalf of the Liberal Party, Queensland

Comment

Originally posted by The Axe View Post
                            7. I think our current 2 will go to 5 adding to 7
                            You may well be right. It is nice to have depth in our outside backs though - especially around origin time. You would think Tedesco and Mitchell are certainties for NSW and I wouldn't rule out Tupou either.
                            "Do you expect me to talk"? "No, Mr. Bond, I expect you to die".

Comment

How good is it!

Can’t help but smile when I think about it. Especially how they did it.

And we will be premiers next year too.

EASTS!
                              Well said mate!

Comment

Originally posted by theGman View Post

There's suggestions that should Seibold head north he is advocating for O'Brien to be his replacement.
                                Haha, no, Souffs were too smart to sign a promising up-and-coming coach like O’Brien.

Much better in their eyes to get an aging Bennett who last tasted success nearly 10 years ago, and has since decimated Newcastle and failed with a roster stacked with rep players (and friendly refereeing) again at the Broncos...

#lol@souffs

Comment

Working...
                                X