The Bondi Wall

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Bondi Wall

To give another perspective of our remarkable defence this season, we conceded 57 tries. Next best were the Drizzle (69) and then Tigers (75).

What a remarkable effort by our boys!

Defence certainly wins Premierships!!

Originally posted by JAF View Post
    To give another perspective of our remarkable defence this season, we conceded 57 tries. Next best were the Drizzle (69) and then Tigers (75).

Wow... next best the Tigpies?!?!? Another season that got away...

Comment

I was wondering about that stat. Thanks for posting. F&A can be clouded by goal kicking.

Comment

Nothing makes me prouder of supporting my team than when they consistently have good defence.
        I love those years.
        I think it’s partly because to have good defence you have to have good communication and teamwork, which means my team all communicate with each other and are “together”, which makes me happy.
        It shows that the players are all in sync with each other, and that they trust the coaching staff.
        It also shows a level of personal commitment and attitude which shows the players I support are as passionate to do well as I am...

LOVE the Bondi Wall!

Comment

The highlight for me was Manu’’s improvement in defense. Many were questioning his defense last year, and rightly so, but this year his defense stood out as much as his attack, and we have the best centre pairing in the comp.

Comment

Defence was massive!!!
            Red, White and Bluesters!!!

Comment

They attacked with their defence.

Comment

Next year hopefully the wall gets reserected. Great defense is a mental thing and the 1% ers will need to be done. Premiership hangovers are common.

Has Crichton won a premiership? His hunger will help.

Next year will be the same, except Angus, Bmoz/ hall.

A toopow or tpj would help the drive.

Comment

Originally posted by JAF View Post

Wow, outstanding and well done to the whole team. As Heg said very well in his post, that defensive result speaks volumes about attitude despite some soft tries being allowed throughout the season. They can't be *on* every single minute of every single game.
                  "The price of freedom is eternal vigilance."

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

No. 1 in NRL's greatest hits!

Comment

Originally posted by ccfc bondi View Post
                      No. 1 in NRL's greatest hits!
                      Always wondered... why was it the wall? There's only one place in the eastern suburbs known as 'the wall' and frankly, it's not my scene.

Comment

Originally posted by ism22 View Post

Always wondered... why was it the wall? There's only one place in the eastern suburbs known as 'the wall' and frankly, it's not my scene.
                        Ever tried getting through a solid wall? It is easier for a rent boy to enter the kingdom of Gloria than it is for a football team to get through the Roosters defense.

Comment

Originally posted by ism22 View Post

Sounds better then the bondi fence!

Comment

Our defence in 2013 set records that will never be broken. Towards the end there this side was just as good. Makes me excited for next season.

Comment

Originally posted by Mickie Lane View Post
                              They attacked with their defence.
                              Certainly was, Gould the flog called it in the GF when we got 12 points to nil up, said we could defend that lead to win the comp. so true.

Comment

Working...
                              X