Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Taylor throws hat into the ring for Manly gig.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Taylor throws hat into the ring for Manly gig.

https://wwos.nine.com.au/nrl/the-mol...nly-gig_091018

If this don't work out i say he stays away, thoughts.

After his failed stint at the tigers, I doubt Manly would consider him. He may actually be a good coach, it’s just unfortunate that coaching at the tigers seems to be career suicide these days. He did alright at Souffs before the Braith Anasta puncher got into a fight with him, but I think Manly will go with the more experienced Cartwright
    EASTS TO WIN!

Comment

Buggers things up a bit with the Bears alliance..

Comment

Can't blame him for putting his name out there for a top job.

If he doesn't get it, I hope he coaches at Norths.

Comment

He is now a premiership-winning attack coach. Should put his hand up.

Comment

I look at the JT situation a bit like the Mitchell "Junior" Pearce one.

Our club made a call to move in another direction, but wanted JT to still stay on in another role.

As mentioned, you cant blame him for throwing his hat in for a head coaching gig. Its just unfortunate it had to be Manly who are, like Easts and Souths, mortal enemies with the Bear.

Hope theres a win win in here somewhere. My advice to JT would be to cool his heels for now and focus on making the Bears Easts thing work.

There will be other opportunities and frankly, Manly are a poisoned chalice.

Comment

My impression of Taylor is that he is a very smart football brain but not a good manager of people.

Look like his commitment to North Sydney is limited. But who could blame the guy wanting to get back into the big time.
              Last edited by Thirteen; 10-09-2018, 03:13 PM.

Comment

Taylor is a hack

Comment

I hope he takes it before they go after O'Brien.
                  With the coaching merry-go-round I feel O'Brien will be picked up by someone before we get a chance to see how good he is.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny Tobin View Post
                    He is now a premiership-winning attack coach. Should put his hand up.
                    Times two. He was attacking coach in 2013, I recall. That makes him a legend. He seem s to offer value
                    Written and published on behalf of the Liberal Party, Queensland

Comment

Of course the other issue for JT is does he really want to be an NRL head coach. He'd lost that desire after losing the Souths gig, but then got it back after re-charging his batteries with us, but then he got sacked by the Tigers. Good luck to him if he really wants the responsibility, but nothing wrong with quietly earning a living bringing young talent through at the two clubs where he's done his best work, us and Norths.

Comment

It comes down to one question: Are you willing to hand your balls over to Bob Fulton. Manly is his sandpit. When he dies they might have a chance at something other than a coaching merry-go-round.

Comment

Originally posted by Arties Pie View Post
                          https://wwos.nine.com.au/nrl/the-mol...nly-gig_091018

If this don't work out i say he stays away, thoughts.
                          No disrespect but IMO the guy needs to realise he's a good assistant/technical coach but not a good team/player manager and own it rather than constantly poisoning teams with his presence as a head coach.

Whatever though I guess? His career, not mine. Probably won't be any worse than Wayne Bennett will be at the Tigpies.

Comment

Originally posted by ism22 View Post

No disrespect but IMO the guy needs to realise he's a good assistant/technical coach but not a good team/player manager and own it rather than constantly poisoning teams with his presence as a head coach.

Whatever though I guess? His career, not mine. Probably won't be any worse than Wayne Bennett will be at the Tigpies.
                            Smart people develop skills and learn lessons

id imagine anyone would develop under Robbo. Perhaps he deserves another shot
                            Written and published on behalf of the Liberal Party, Queensland

Comment

Good luck to him. , Calling him a hack shows a lot of ignorance, and is plain wrong. He has huge credentials as a player ….. look it up..... and a coach and has been poorly treated by two clubs. He has a much better football brain than Barrett will ever have. I don't know whether Manly is a good move for him because they are a rabble, but he could turn them around if he gets strong support from the management and the trobo boys.... those are two players any club would take in a heartbeat.

Comment

Working...
                              X