How we won it: Robbo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by stephenj View Post
    so its not so much billy the grub rather Bellamy the gr8ub? personally, i think both of them and Smith are grubs for the constant if not illegal, immoral play
    Despite being great players/coaches the Melbourne big guns all had a grubby element to them. Except for Cooper..

And to ensure no remnant of grubbiness or disrespect to opponents exist, he is now completely cleansed by walking into the light and rejecting the darkside.

Ahh...men..

Comment

Originally posted by BUDDY View Post
      Anyone bagging Bellamey is kidding themselves. He is a super coach. He has developed many players who did SFA at other clubs.
      He got a team to this year's GF with two great players at the end of their careers. The others in the team he developed.
      FM many were saying that we should go hard to get him and get rid of Robbo over the previous couple of years "failures".
      Turn it up.
      But yes I would have Robbo instead of Bellamey.
      The guy can coach in a particular style that has a couple of elements.
      He developed 3 players into absolute super stars (Cronk, Smith and Slater) no one can deny that.
      He finds average players that are willing to do exactly as they are told in limited roles and do not step outside the boundaries
      He coaches his players in the dirtiest tactics possible short of standing up and punching them in the head.

there is no denying his ability as a coach and that probably makes him even worse in my books because he stoops to the depths he does to achieve results

Robbo treats the game with respect and Bellamy treats it with distain
      The Internet is a place for posting silly things
      Try and be serious and you will look stupid
      sigpic

Comment

Robbo is the greatest coach we’ve ever had and that’s despite the great Jack Gibson. Robbo bleeds Red White and Blue. He truly loves the club and is more than simply a career coach. I can’t believe how many fans wanted him gone througout the year. Where’s that poster who kept going on about Robbo being out coached by Bennett AGAIN? He said the roosters would never win another premiership under Robbo. We are so very lucky to have Trent and I wouldn’t swap him for anyone. Give him the job for as long as he wants!

Comment

Originally posted by Tommy Smith View Post
          As a player SBW is much better than Inglis and on a par with Slater & Smith imo.

But he'll obviously never be an Immortal due to his lack of time in the game.

Bellamy showed his true colours at Origin level where he barely won a game without his bevvy of Storm superstars.

I’m talking Immortals and as you say he is no chance. They have had multiple that have been there the whole time. We had SBW for one year. I don’t count 2014. He wasn’t in the top 50 in that year.

Comment

Originally posted by Thirteen View Post
            Would be interesting to see how Bellamy would go at rubbish clubs like Tigers and Manly who don’t have superstars and future immortals. Plus he had a side well over the salary cap. The slide of Melbourne begun on September 30. It’s all down hill from here.
            You’ll find out in the next few years. Betting the house on Munster is a real problem.

Comment

Yeah I love this article both from a Roosters fan perspective, but also as a Rugby League coach myself (albeit at a much lower level).
              As a Roosters fan it makes me so proud of the culture that Robbo has created at our club.
              As a coach, I’ve always been interested in all these other aspects of coaching a team, and not just coaching the X’s and O’s, so the stuff that Robbo does to get everyone fully engaged and invested in the club, loving it and all pulling in the same direction and valuing everyone’s contribution are right up my alley...

Love it, and long may it continue....

Comment

Working...
              X