Why isn’t Keary a Kangaroo?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by theGman View Post
    Simply put..........Qld bias at it's best.
    Bingo. Three Roosters when we won the premiership. IMO a lot of other coaches woulda told Ben Hunt (aka big moment choker) to go and punted Munster for kicking a bloke in the head. I have NFI how Munster was not suspended for that. NFI!!!!

One can say the Dragons lost because Widdop was out but IMO that makes the case for Keary even stronger because he won up a preliminary final (against Reynolds) and a grand final (against Munster) while carrying an injured halves partner. Admittedly Cronk did a fukk load of work off the ball and guided us to victory but what does that say about current form?!?!? Sorry, but I see no case for including Hunt (who has choked teice now) and Munster (who not only choked, but also showed he isn't a fit and proper person to represent us on the world stage) in the team. Both lost Origin. Both choked in the finals (Munster in particular - bookies and experts, Mal included, all had Storm as their favourites).

WTF is with nrl.com having an article titled 'Meninga hails new, mature Munster ahead of test'?!?!?!? Go right back to junior footy... what would you tell a kid if they lost their head, got sent off twice and gave the ref an insulting look of disbelief when he's just kicked a bloke in the head?!?!? IMO he'd be suspended from the local comp any told to give a VERY good reason why he should be allowed to play again. What kind of a soft review panel calls a kick to the head the most insignificant kind of contrary conduct? A KICK TO THE FUKKING HEAD!!!! YOU CAN KILL SOMEBODY BY KICKING THEM IN THE HEAD AND HE IS FUKKING LUCKY JOEY DIDN'T GET SERIOUSLY HURT OR GO TO THE POLICE!!! WTF is with fining a guy a small fraction of his international match fee for that?!?!? Surely they knew he was set to earn $$$ if he got off?!?!?

IMO Mal needs to seriously consider the fact that NSW won Origin and the Roosters won the GF. I have NFI why so few from those teams have been selected. 3 Roosters?!?!? 3!!!
    Last edited by ism22; 10-05-2018, 06:56 PM.

Comment

Because Meninga is Queensland first, Australia second.

if Cordner weren’t just made captain I’d be cheering for the kiwis and Tonga.

Comment

Leaving Keary out is an insult. He can certainly do everything Hunt or Peachy can do as a utility, he is as good if not better than Munster in both attack and defence and has a better kicking game. He is also as good if not better then DCE, and after earning the Churchill playing BOTH half and 5/8th he deserved selection. No question about that.

Comment

I think it is two separate arguments
          1. Should the players selected, be in those positions?
          2. Does keary deserve to be there?

the answer to 2 is an easy yes.
          the answer to 1 is bewildering and reeks of qld favouritism, bias within selections and MRC
          Written and published on behalf of the Liberal Party, Queensland

Comment

Originally posted by Headless Chook View Post

You missed the bit where i said that the selectors always give more weight to Origin form, so there's your answer as to what Keary has to do.....play Origin next year.
            Not always. There are players who have been selected for country before Origin. Personally, it shouldn’t be that heavily relied upon anyway. A lot of what comes out of origin isn’t always a true reflection of a player.
            FVCK CANCER

Comment

Originally posted by theGman View Post
              Simply put..........Qld bias at it's best.
              Except he is a Qlder..

Comment

Originally posted by rented tracksuit View Post

Not always. There are players who have been selected for country before Origin. Personally, it shouldn’t be that heavily relied upon anyway. A lot of what comes out of origin isn’t always a true reflection of a player.
                i agree there is usually a bolter or two selected. if they were playing more than two games i think he would have been in the squad for sure

Comment

Keary half & Munster 5/8 would make for an entertaining test
                  "Qui audet adipiscitur"

WHO DARES WINS

Comment

Originally posted by Darkone View Post
                    Keary half & Munster 5/8 would make for an entertaining test
                    That could be the first time ever that a player from the same side at rep level has tried to attack his own team mate!
                    FVCK CANCER

Comment

Relish seeing SST and JT tear woods a new one
                      Written and published on behalf of the Liberal Party, Queensland

Comment

Originally posted by Rooster_6 View Post

Except he is a Qlder..
                        Except he isn’t eligible to play for Queensland in origin which is what counts. Is Greg Inglis a Queenslander? Of course not, however he is as far as the Australian selectors are concerned.

Comment

Keary was hard done by, but on a positive note, the more of our players that have a proper off-season the better. I care about the Roosters winning games, not Australia.

Comment

h
                            Originally posted by roosterchook View Post
                            I just can’t understand why Meninga picks DLC and Hunt for the Kangaroos. Wasn’t it Hunt who made the worst footballing decision ever in an elimination final to get his team knocked out and was hopelessly out of form in origin. Hasn’t DLC presided over a team going backwards all year?

Fast forward to Keary who’s gotten us both the minor and major premiership, wins the CC medal playing 2 roles and yet gets overlooked for rep selection??? It seems much like the rep selection process is a lot like the judiciary where they give favors to their mates.

Keary should be playing rep footy and it’s a crime against Rugby League to omit one of the best players all year from the Kangaroos.
                            Why?

Munster has a better kicking game.

Comment

Because he’s not a Queenslander. Well technically he wanted to be a Queenslander but couldn’t.

Comment

Originally posted by roosterchook View Post
                                I just can’t understand why Meninga picks DLC and Hunt for the Kangaroos. Wasn’t it Hunt who made the worst footballing decision ever in an elimination final to get his team knocked out and was hopelessly out of form in origin. Hasn’t DLC presided over a team going backwards all year?

Fast forward to Keary who’s gotten us both the minor and major premiership, wins the CC medal playing 2 roles and yet gets overlooked for rep selection??? It seems much like the rep selection process is a lot like the judiciary where they give favors to their mates.

Keary should be playing rep footy and it’s a crime against Rugby League to omit one of the best players all year from the Kangaroos.
                                Quite simply, should be in the halves or on bench, ridiculous. I am a QLDer so definatwly can smell muncher bias

Comment

Working...
                                X