Marty Taupau

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by novice chook View Post

I'm more interested to see how Hall plays than Morris. But Morris will get the jump on him as i doubt Hall will be fit to start the season.
    Keen to see how Hall goes for us too , don't be too quick to write this bloke off . Every test match he played for the Poms against Australia he was the danger man . I hated him then because he was so good and wasn't playing for us, lol. Powerful runner and quick , great finisher . Bloody going to miss Fergo though ..
    Last edited by Crab; 11-23-2018, 03:24 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Crab View Post

Keen to see how Hall goes for us too , don't be too quick to write this bloke off . Every test match he played for the Poms against Australia he was the danger man . I hated him then because he was so good and wasn't playing for us, lol. Powerful runner and quick , great finisher . Bloody going to miss Fergo though ..
      I reckon Robbo's a bit weird with his selection of wingers. Dunno what he's after but it's like you get one chance and then you're never playing again if you don't tick a certain box. Example...
      - Joe Burgess did alright! He scored tries and didn't look out of his league. However, we had a rough start to 2016 and he got the sack.
      - Latrell was doing alright and got outed because he missed one tackle against some flog from Manly. Sacked! (But got another chance eventually).
      - Reece Robinson scored a try and got some decent line breaks. Again nup... 'he's lost his confidence' was the call and he got the sack.

On the other hand Fergo fukked up every game... no worries! Ikuvalu's a shortie who did very little... no worries! That other dude who played in the preliminary final was leaving and had never played 1st grade... no worries!

Wonder what it is that Robbo looks for? He seems to be really strict on forwards. One chance and you're out even if you score tries...etc kinda style.

Comment

Originally posted by ism22 View Post

I reckon Robbo's a bit weird with his selection of wingers. Dunno what he's after but it's like you get one chance and then you're never playing again if you don't tick a certain box. Example...
        - Joe Burgess did alright! He scored tries and didn't look out of his league. However, we had a rough start to 2016 and he got the sack.
        - Latrell was doing alright and got outed because he missed one tackle against some flog from Manly. Sacked! (But got another chance eventually).
        - Reece Robinson scored a try and got some decent line breaks. Again nup... 'he's lost his confidence' was the call and he got the sack.

On the other hand Fergo fukked up every game... no worries! Ikuvalu's a shortie who did very little... no worries! That other dude who played in the preliminary final was leaving and had never played 1st grade... no worries!

Wonder what it is that Robbo looks for? He seems to be really strict on forwards. One chance and you're out even if you score tries...etc kinda style.
        You lost all credibility with the Joe Burgess comment. He was the most petrified player to ever lace a boot in the NRL, biggest hand brake I have seen when running the ball.

Comment

He wants tough wingers who aren't bricking it taking the first few hit ups off our line into hungry defenders. And finishers.

Morris and Hall fit that bill. As do/did Toops and Fargo and Ilickitoo.

Latrell is wasted trying to be a battering ram. He could do it but he needs earlier ball. Hes a creator.

Reece was pure back up. He isn't physically that sort of winger. Just an opportune buy. I am guessing more aimed at back up for FB if needed.

I reckon that Hall replaces Fargo. Like for like.

And Morris replaces Reece. We win that one.

The FlogPen .

You know it makes sense.

Comment

So Klemmer wasn't at the Dogs preseason training yesterday. The first piece of the puzzle?

Comment

Originally posted by stsae View Post

He wants tough wingers who aren't bricking it taking the first few hit ups off our line into hungry defenders. And finishers.

Morris and Hall fit that bill. As do/did Toops and Fargo and Ilickitoo.

Latrell is wasted trying to be a battering ram. He could do it but he needs earlier ball. Hes a creator.

Reece was pure back up. He isn't physically that sort of winger. Just an opportune buy. I am guessing more aimed at back up for FB if needed.

I reckon that Hall replaces Fargo. Like for like.

And Morris replaces Reece. We win that one.

Don't forget that there is also Bernard Lewis for the Chooks in 2019 as an option. He went down early in the year with an ACL injury but he's back at training I believe. That kid has got some potential to be a great winger !

Comment

I dont reckon we need Taupau, but I aint privvy to what goes down with these decisions.
                We have forward depth, and freeing up Napas wage might come in handy.
                But...............trust in Trent and Uncle.

Comment

I thought Taupau was on a big money back ended deal, so not sure how we would be saving money, other than Manly have to give him up to sign two players cos of salary cap penalties.

Also, Hasler wouldn’t want to let him go.

That being said, he’ll be a rooster soon enough.
                  ..it’ll be interesting to see

Comment

I read somewhere that Taupau & Des did not get on @ the Dogs. It may be that Marty is not keen on a reunion.

Comment

Joe Burgess and Reece Robinson were 2 of the worst players I have seen grace our colours in 30+ years. It is beyond me what you think is weird about his selections. What was weird about Fergo and Tupou playing on the Wing this year

Comment

Lol Reece Robinson would have been bad even by 2009 standards. He was woefully out of his depth.

Comment

Any update on when Tapau is going to join us?

Comment

Originally posted by Nathan Aboud View Post
                            Any update on when Tapau is going to join us?
                            I'll call him and get back to you.

Comment

Originally posted by Thirteen View Post

I'll call him and get back to you.
                              You & Marty should get a room together. He could touch his toes & then you could touch your toes.

Comment

SMH reports today that the broke but over-spending Sharks are pursuing him.

Comment

Working...
                                X