Marty Taupau

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marty Taupau

The Sydney Roosters aren’t resting on their laurels after Sunday’s premiership triumph and are poised to launch an all-out bid to sign Manly’s Kiwi international prop Marty Taupau for next season.

The club continually distanced itself from rumours that it was keen on the rugged enforcer during the season.
    But now that the year is over and the premiership won, I’m hearing the Roosters will open talks with Taupau’s management.

The tough prop is desperate to get out of his deal with Manly and if the Roosters come up with the right offer, a deal could be done.

WWOS has heard that the Roosters are prepared to offload Queensland State of Origin prop Dylan Napa to get their hands on Taupau.

Napa is a weapon on his day but the Roosters believe Taupau would give them more fire power.

Yes please.

It's always good to seek improvement.

Comment

Been happy with the dirty nappy but would be even happier with the guy whos name sounds like a written sound effect from a Batman comic.
      FVCK CANCER

Comment

He is asking for more than what he is worth..I'd run with collins and hopefully Farmer can kick on etc...but if afew players have to make way for him then so be it
        Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe

Comment

Made this call mid season,

Him & JWH are good mates, can only see this as a step up
          "Qui audet adipiscitur"

WHO DARES WINS

Comment

Originally posted by The Brain View Post
            He is asking for more than what he is worth..I'd run with collins and hopefully Farmer can kick on etc...but if afew players have to make way for him then so be it
            They don't have his off load, neither are test players

he is worth what he's asking for
            "Qui audet adipiscitur"

WHO DARES WINS

Comment

Taupau would be a massive improvement over Napa.

I was going to suggest that Taupau is 29yo and JWH is 30yo and that we should look after our youngsters. But I now realise that Marty would probably ensure us a three-peat. Sign him up already!

Comment

I met Marty at the fan day last Thursday. I told him that I’d love to see him in a Roosters jersey. He winked at me and said, “You never know”.

Comment

Don't know about Marty, I have never met him, but from what I have been told not sure he would be the right fit for us.
                  I trust Robbo who had the chance to get either Woods or Taupau this year and he rejected that offer.
                  Talk has been strong for a while we get Marty or TPJ next year...probably room for both ha ha

Comment

Originally posted by Thirteen View Post
                    I met Marty at the fan day last Thursday. I told him that I’d love to see him in a Roosters jersey. He winked at me and said, “You never know”.
                    He was at our fan day? He must at least like us a fair bit then..

Comment

I thought Dylan might get a little bit more time in the grand final but Robbo didn't need him. We had already won the up front battle by then anyway.

The move seems to be on for quicker and faster forwards. Marty would need to cut back his error count and tendency to give away penalties. But JWH and Tapau would give us great go forward together. My only concern with Marty (apart from the penalty factor) is his endurance. Pangai Jnr has great ball skills, like Tapau, and is still a work in progress.

I still think we have good stocks in our own ranks and Tetevano is now an established first grader who runs and hits hard and often. Collins lateral defence and positioning could use some finesses but he hits the line well. The Farmer does too but he still has to convince me on the endurance level too.

Our staff know from the pre-season work just what these guys are capable of. So I'll trust in Trent on forward recruitment. Shame we couldn't keep Matto but I'm hearing the Tiges offer was too good to match. But I'm all for one more big bopper.

Comment

Matto gone, momski gone.
                        Release butcher.
                        Toopow in. All good.

Comment

Originally posted by Darkone View Post
                          Made this call mid season,

Him & JWH are good mates, can only see this as a step up
                          Where did you read they were good mates?

A roosters facebook page who reposted this article wrote that tapau and JWH didn’t get along

so confused

Comment

Thought he played well for the Kiwis.
                            It will be interesting to see if he still wants out of Manly if Dessy is the new coach or if Dessy doesn't want him to go.

Comment

Wow what a forward pack for 2019. JWH (30), SST (27), Tetevano (29), Collins (23), Liu (28), Cordner (27),
                              Crichton (23), Radley (21) and Butcher (22). Napa (26) possibily stays and we pick up either Taupau (30), TPJ (23) or Lodge (24). Both TPJ and Lodge are only young and will only get better and potentially be with us for awhile.
                              Last edited by Rooster59; 10-15-2018, 05:33 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X