No announcement yet.

Your Grand Final Day Plans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'll be watching the curtain raiser on tv and then hopping on a bus from mona vale to homebush arriving before 5pm is there anyone else from mona vale going to the game?

Comment

Originally posted by The Thracian View Post
      I’ll be getting in there early to watch the chicks catching up with a few mates that play for Wyong, then with my all access pass have a wonder around, have a free feed and drink, head onto the field and hold up a big arse Aussie flag during the anthem with my kids and some over lucky bastards, roll the flag up, take up our prime location seats, watch the Chooks smash those cheating muppets, get back on field for presentation only if we win just because I can lol, try and photo bomb most of the Roosters happy snaps, abuse a few storm fans on the way out and start my 5 weeks annual leave. Well that’s the plan anyway
      Got a dud whistle you can supply the Ref room ?

On field presentation- Hey Billy not your lucky day is it .. like Monday. Adios.

Enjoy mate.

Thirteen - - - good post, it's all getting real now. I'll be pre festivities tonight, quiet one tomorrow night.
      Wake up Sunday, feel the dull pain in the gut, take a dump, dull pain remains, Fry it up, record Nein and Fox, Mosey on over to the ground to meet up with mates for beers and chat sh*t, try and embrace the day by watching earlier games and not getting smashed before KO. Boo anything purple. Wonder what the F this pre game crap is. Ride 80 minute wave. Experience inner peace at full time. Go home, pour a drink, determine from Gus Joey Storm jizzfest or FOX loons and rewatch the game.
      Thats if i make it home in one piece. Cheers all! We're here at least.

Comment

Sunday will be a piss up for sure. Probably just me on me pat malone, or maybe my son and his mates will stick around. Either way I'm recording the game. I've progressed to watching live football again this year, but my nerves aren't up to a game of this proportion.
        I really hope I'll be watching the replay.

Comment

Eat Chicken and drink beer and watch Easts.

Any given Sunday.

The FlogPen .

You know it makes sense.

Comment

Originally posted by Thirteen View Post
            I’m interested to know what some of the regulars are not so regulars are planning to do on grand final day.
            I'm gonna head up to Sydney with the family on Saturday, stay overnight, drop the kids with grandma on Sunday arvo, hit up Lidcombe for Korean BBQ (and a fukkkk load of Kimchi + Korean spirits) then head over to the footy.

Bracing for a loss... really am. However, I always expect the worst and hope for the best. Will be aaaaawesome whatever happens.

Comment

Originally posted by Thirteen View Post
              I’m interested to know what some of the regulars are not so regulars are planning to do on grand final day.
              Hotel Concord from around 2 to 4ish then walk to the ground through bicentennial park.
              Other drinking holes near by to the stadium are Cookies bar & grill at North Strathfield, The Horse & Jockey at Homebush, The Wentworth Hotel at Flemington or Paddy’s brewery at Flemington. They are all about a half an hour from the stadium.
              What are you going to do?

Comment

Originally posted by rozza View Post
                I'll be watching the curtain raiser on tv and then hopping on a bus from mona vale to homebush arriving before 5pm is there anyone else from mona vale going to the game?
                Yeah man.. but heading into town before
                ..it’ll be interesting to see

Comment

Originally posted by ism22 View Post

I'm gonna head up to Sydney with the family on Saturday, stay overnight, drop the kids with grandma on Sunday arvo, hit up Lidcombe for Korean BBQ (and a fukkkk load of Kimchi + Korean spirits) then head over to the footy.

Bracing for a loss... really am. However, I always expect the worst and hope for the best. Will be aaaaawesome whatever happens.
                  Any Korean BBQ in particular? My husband is obsessed with all things Korea and we haven't been since he moved to Sydney a few years ago.

Comment

Can not wait for Sunday,going with a group of mates at 2pm and soaking up the day..Love it!

This is our 7th GF since 2000 and I’ve attended and soaked up the atmosphere in all of them,can’t wait to get that feeling back this Sunday

Comment

Originally posted by Mickie Lane View Post

Hotel Concord from around 2 to 4ish then walk to the ground through bicentennial park.
                      Other drinking holes near by to the stadium are Cookies bar & grill at North Strathfield, The Horse & Jockey at Homebush, The Wentworth Hotel at Flemington or Paddy’s brewery at Flemington. They are all about a half an hour from the stadium.
                      What are you going to do?
                      Maaan North farking Strathfield!!! Brings back memories...

My high school sweetheart from back in the day lived there in a real suburban home. Big ~800m2+ yard with a Hills out the back, little house with 2 beddies and a couple of Holden Commies out the front (dad was a car spraypainter + panelbeaters so got old bombs and got them looking sweeet as).

What's it like these days? I remember it was pretty much a waste dump back in the day. When their landlord offered them a generous $450k to buy the property (offered to them before the developers) we were all like WTF?!??? Ripoff!!! (And they didn't have the $$$). Guessing it's all developed now.

Comment

I will be watching it with some mates at Redcliffe Dolphins, up for a couple of Touch Rugby League Tournaments there this weekend.

Some of my mates up here are also Roosters supporters so it should be a good night.
                        Last edited by Parkway_Drive; 09-28-2018, 11:49 PM.
                        Originally posted by boogie

"There's a lot of people competing for title of dumbest chookpen member such as Tommy S, Rusty, Johnny, ROC, Tobin but without a doubt you are the worst, youre thick as a brick christ this is the dumbest thing I've read in a long time you should go back to supporting the panthers"

Comment

Originally posted by eddie View Post
                          Sunday will be a piss up for sure. Probably just me on me pat malone, or maybe my son and his mates will stick around. Either way I'm recording the game. I've progressed to watching live football again this year, but my nerves aren't up to a game of this proportion.
                          I really hope I'll be watching the replay.
                          Mate, I really hope they win it, as you can then watch the replay over and over again. .

Will try to call you next week when life starts to temporarily slow down.
                          Originally posted by boogie

"There's a lot of people competing for title of dumbest chookpen member such as Tommy S, Rusty, Johnny, ROC, Tobin but without a doubt you are the worst, youre thick as a brick christ this is the dumbest thing I've read in a long time you should go back to supporting the panthers"

Comment

I fly into Sydney tomorrow.

So I'll probably be drinking and eating all along Circular Quay for a day and a half before heading to the stadium

Hopefully I encounter a few fellow Roosters fans in the bars on my journey!

Comment

Originally posted by stsae View Post
                              Eat Chicken and drink beer and watch Easts.

Any given Sunday.

A Steggles chook I hope
                              Originally posted by jism
                              I saw Reynolds crying in front of me after the game and yelled out 'WHAT ARE YOU CRYING ABOUT?!?!? GO SAY SORRY TO COOPER YOU GRUB!!!' He looked up at me with a pretty broken looking face.

Comment

A few beers at the Nelson Hotel then an Uber to the ground.
                                Born and bred in the eastern suburbs.

Comment

Working...
                                X