• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• eddie
    replied
    Originally posted by The Lip View Post
    its not Billys fault he got off.
    That's the thing with teflon bill, nothing is ever his fault.
    Even when he kicks people in the head, takes dives, tells lies, etc, etc.

I'm still shocked he didn't do a DCE and steal the churchill medal.

Leave a comment:

• Flipper Hands
    replied

Gotta admit it was great to see the hate every time he touched it - well done boys - we absolutely gave him no opportunity - the defence again was beautiful to watch.
    It sure was. There was a bloke by me, every time the fan noise let up he'd pipe up with "it was a shoulder charge", and everyone would crack up.

What a great night

Leave a comment:

• ccfc bondi
    replied
    By the end of his post-game interview Roosters fans applauded him, which the morning media didn't seem to be aware of. The booing during the game was justified. It wasn't personal (even though I may have called him a grub once or twice, or maybe every time he touched the ball...sorry, can't remember.). All friends after the game, but he should not have been out there. We could've missed the big dance because of suspensions to our stars, but they get off scott free. Apart from his admission (which should've been pounced on by the judiciary prosecutor) that he could've gone about the tackle in a safer way, media are always going on about not showing things in slow motion, but he finds a fraction of a second in a still frame that shows his hand up, which somehow makes the tackle all right. I personally didn't care if he played or not, because I truly believed what we saw last night was how it was going to be played out. In fact, it was great he did, because they had no excuses.

Leave a comment:

• The Lip
    replied
    Originally posted by Flipper Hands View Post

Each to their own. To me he represents the NRLs decision in this. There will be no misconceptions about why he is being booed, and it will have far more impact on the NRL than reserving it for Greenburg.

As for spuring him on? I don't buy it. He won't even hear it.

Gotta admit it was great to see the hate every time he touched it - well done boys - we absolutely gave him no opportunity - the defence again was beautiful to watch.

Leave a comment:

• 2013PREMIERS
    replied
    I won't be able to talk for a week after this game.

Leave a comment:

• Easts to Win
    replied
    I will be booing Slater on Sunday . And i’m usually pretty quite at the footy .

Leave a comment:

• Serenader
    replied
    I don’t care whose fault the judicial decision was. I’m gonna be giving Slater and the Storm one hell of a serenade on Sunday....

Leave a comment:

• ROC181
    replied
    No!!! Boo Billy and the NRL..Who knows, it might make him think twice when he's under the ball and all he hears are boos. Boo till your hearts content. The fans are #14...or is it 18?

Leave a comment:

• Flipper Hands
    replied
    Originally posted by Salvatori Grubber View Post
    The booing should be aimed at the NRL. They are the ones who made the stupid rule
    How does one boo the NRL?

Leave a comment:

• Salvatori Grubber
    replied
    The booing should be aimed at the NRL. They are the ones who made the stupid rule.

Anyone with a feel for the game knows that missing a gf for that would be massively ill-judged and unnecessary.

The issue is the inconsistency.

Leave a comment:

• Andrew Walker
    replied
    its not Billys fault he got off. Of course he would try - so would everyone of our squad. Save you boos for Greenburg and any other NRL official - and the media as well they were as much responsible for getting him off as anyone. He will embrace the boos and just motivate him. Want to effect him in a negative way - ignore the feet first grub. Much prefer to win with some integrity than stoop to booing opposition whom if they wore our jumper we would fall in love with ie Cooper Cronk, Fergo and Keary etc.
    Tend to agree here Instead of booing Id prefer we all cheered loudly every time he was tackled and even louder if he makes a mistake

Leave a comment:

• Flipper Hands
    replied
    its not Billys fault he got off. Of course he would try - so would everyone of our squad. Save you boos for Greenburg and any other NRL official - and the media as well they were as much responsible for getting him off as anyone. He will embrace the boos and just motivate him. Want to effect him in a negative way - ignore the feet first grub. Much prefer to win with some integrity than stoop to booing opposition whom if they wore our jumper we would fall in love with ie Cooper Cronk, Fergo and Keary etc.

Each to their own. To me he represents the NRLs decision in this. There will be no misconceptions about why he is being booed, and it will have far more impact on the NRL than reserving it for Greenburg.

As for spuring him on? I don't buy it. He won't even hear it.

Leave a comment:

• The Lip
    replied

Leave a comment:

• zac
    replied
    I like Billy Slater as a player, but we're going to make him wish that he hadn't got of at the judiciary.

Leave a comment:

• Flipper Hands
    started a topic Embrace the hate.

Embrace the hate.

Post the Slater decision, I will be advising my son that there is a new exception to my strict "don't boo anyone but Souths and the ref's rule".

I will be booing every time Slater touches the ball.

I encourage you all of you at the game to join me on the day.
Working...
X