Billy Slater

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Billy Slater

Listening to all the media channels it’s disgusting what they are saying about his shoulder charge in trying to defend him.

Just because he has been a role model and it’s his last game it doesn’t mean you can break the rules and get away with it.

Off course he will get charged but no doubt he will get off at the match review committee.

Originally posted by Bmw06i View Post
    Listening to all the media channels it’s disgusting what they are saying about his shoulder charge in trying to defend him.

Just because he has been a role model and it’s his last game it doesn’t mean you can break the rules and get away with it.

Off course he will get charged but no doubt he will get off at the match review committee.

I hope he does.
    I know if the Roosters win tonight that they would want him to play.

Comment

So he's been charged.
      Well, I hope the judiciary get it right.
      Tough luck for Billy if he loses. but he's had his share of glory.
      Motm in his last game in front of a cheering crowd is a nice way to go out.

Comment

I think he will get off if we win
        We used to have empires run by emperors. Then we had kingdoms run by kings.
        Now we have countries run by ………

Comment

They need to change the rule.
          Grade 1- 200 points is ridiculous.
          BUT that is the rule so he should not play.

Comment

Originally posted by Team Evil View Post
            They need to change the rule.
            Grade 1- 200 points is ridiculous.
            BUT that is the rule so he should not play.
            It is not ridiculous at all as they wanted to take the shoulder charge out of the game The points accrued for this make any player very wary of making such a tackle
            We used to have empires run by emperors. Then we had kingdoms run by kings.
            Now we have countries run by ………

Comment

Great to see the Burgess BS off the front page of the forum.

Comment

It's an absolute joke and embarrassment to the game that he will miss a grand final because of that.

There was nothing dangerous or malicious about that tackle in the least.

Comment

Well done 2GB.

as quoted they need to take the emotion, player out the the occasion and judge in the rule.

it’s an illegal tackle now.
                  Forget about the past it’s the law and rules are in place for a reason.

Comment

Agree at Rooster_6 but the NRL introduced the rule.

Comment

give the **** nothing. bury him, burn him dont care. a stain on the game
                      1911 1912 1913 1923 1935 1936 1937 1940 1945 1974 1975 2002 2013 2018 2019 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Rooster_6 View Post
                        It's an absolute joke and embarrassment to the game that he will miss a grand final because of that.

There was nothing dangerous or malicious about that tackle in the least.
                        bull5hit 6. hes a dog grub. cheats knee slides deliberately trying to injure the opposition. wipe him out and give him nothing
                        1911 1912 1913 1923 1935 1936 1937 1940 1945 1974 1975 2002 2013 2018 2019 2020

Comment

Latrell got suspended for something much softer, he has done a heap for charities, he's a young gun in his break-out year and it could cost us a place in the GF.

GUESS WHAT? THIS IS ALL IRRELEVANT!!!

IMO the Storm are lucky that Slater, Smith and Munster didn't get sent off within a period of about 5 minutes of each other. Slater for shoulder charging in order to prevent a try and Smith + Munster for being offside in order to prevent a try. If they were Roosters players, the ref woulda been like all of you OFF straight away without thinking about the broader consequences. DB-Carr seems to have gotten off with no charge for a malicious shoulder charge that busted Feki's shoulder (no suspension there).IMO it was a failing of the officials that they didn't pull Smith over and say 'MATE YOUR BOYS HAVE TO STOP IT, THE NEXT ONE GOES OFF!!! CALM DOWN!!!' The Storm essentially won by shoulder charging people and going offiside to prevent tries (and injure people). Why? Because the officials didn't stop them!!!!

Meh I should focus on what is in our control I guess. Just frustrating that the NRL always seem willing to make exceptions for players based on the fact they are more senior...etc.

Nobody wants a player of that calibre to miss his last game. Heck, I hate the guy and don't wish that upon him. However, he took that out of the NRL's control when he decided to go in with his shoulder first to prevent what could have been a clutch moment. I would say that Slater has a clean record but he doesn't! The guy has been doing karate kicks on try scorers, flying kicks on defenders (when catching), grapple tackling, cannon-ball tackling, shoulder charging...etc. What can I say? Those who live by the sword will surely die by the sword. Suspended for his last game due to a grubby try saver would be a nice summary of his career.

Comment

Agree with Bmw06i, 2GB have taken all the favouritism out of it - something Fox and MMM couldn’t do last night/today and called it as it is.

At at times things go wrong. No one sets out to hurt anyone. Naps didn’t, Latrell didn’t but sometimes things go wrong. This is what happened here.

Now to to listen to the ABC at 2pm for their view.

Comment

Well done 2GB.

as quoted they need to take the emotion, player out the the occasion and judge in the rule.

it’s an illegal tackle now.
                              Forget about the past it’s the law and rules are in place for a reason.
                              All except that person of low character (in my opinion) Bob Fulton.

Comment

Working...
                              X