Miss Sunday arvo footy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Miss Sunday arvo footy

It occurred to me on this lovely sunny day in Sydney there is no footy on today or next Sunday, which is a real shame. Love the Sunday afternoon match. There is more atmosphere, you see better attacking plays...it just feels more like the game I grew up with.

On the flipside, I hate night footy. Sport is made for the daytime.

Its a shame now with the tendency of big sporting fixtures increasingly being played at night. I get the tv influence and advertising abd corporate dollar bit....but just dont like the end result for the spectator.

our game is no longer ours its now tyhe property of big money business charging us for the opportunity to watch it, its now all about advertising and media money, the Murdoch goals of super league have been reached. it now provides outrageous financial rewards to incompetent managers like green burg and co along with is bunch of bought and paid for referees and their overpriced bunker.

Comment

Yes mate I agree . Wouldn't it be incredible to watch the Grand Final on a Sunday Arvo . Even more so if we were Victorious . But we got to get there first. Go the Roosters !

Comment

Should have voted in the fans poll on the NRL site.

Friday night won hands down.

Also we have a much better night record over day games.

Nostalga.

The FlogPen .

You know it makes sense.

Comment

Originally posted by stsae View Post
          Should have voted in the fans poll on the NRL site.

Friday night won hands down.

Also we have a much better night record over day games.

Nostalga.

Really? Wow...maybe traditionalists like me dont vote in those sorts of things.

Re the record im talking more about enjoying the spectacle or occasion whoever is playing.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks Fur Coat View Post

Really? Wow...maybe traditionalists like me dont vote in those sorts of things.

Re the record im talking more about enjoying the spectacle or occasion whoever is playing.
            I agree on both counts mate.

I never vote on stuff like that, but I guess we should.

Sunday arvo is my fave day to watch footy but in saying that I love the atmosphere of a night game too.

And yeah we do play better at night but we do mostly play then too.

The FlogPen .

You know it makes sense.

Comment

Originally posted by stephenj View Post
              our game is no longer ours its now tyhe property of big money business charging us for the opportunity to watch it, its now all about advertising and media money, the Murdoch goals of super league have been reached. it now provides outrageous financial rewards to incompetent managers like green burg and co along with is bunch of bought and paid for referees and their overpriced bunker.
              100% correct
              Written and published on behalf of the Liberal Party, Queensland

Comment

Originally posted by The Axe View Post
                100% correct
                Sadly....... Wish it wasn't.

Comment

Working...
                X