No announcement yet.

Your prelim final viewing areangements?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your prelim final viewing areangements?

Hey what are you all doing for the preliminary final? I certainly want to go but my wife isn't keen, so I will be heading to Sydney by myself. I am definitely going to go, but before I buy tickets... any tips? Also, any groups from here planning to go together?

I am a bit of a nerd/nigel when it comes to footy (and most of my friends support other teams + hate the Roosters). If anybody else is in this position (or has a big Roosters group/box with a spare ticket) then it would be good to combine so that we maximise attendance and don't get drowned out by Souffs supporters. If anybody is thinking about not going because they have nobody to go with then definitely hit me up and we can arrange something.

If worst comes to worst I will just buy up a single ticket and hit up a local pub before/afterwards... just thought I would offer the option. If we get enough people, maybe we could hit up the Balkan in Darlo for a massive meat & seafood grill (owner is a mad Roosters fan), have a few local beers and then mob the stadium. Given the occasion it would be awesome to do a little more than just watching it alone and getting maggot if we lose (no way Souffs fans will be as nice to me as Cows fans were at the pub last year so I wanna be prepared).

On a side note, how will people be celebrating the game? I mentioned the Balkan (which is awesome) but are there any other Roosters hang-outs close to the stadium? Has anybody called up Wayne Leung and locked in a VIP experience with him? Anybody just gonna hit up some random RSL/Leagues club for a schnitty and beer? Be good to hear what you are doing to celebrate our last game at the SFS...
    Last edited by ism22; 09-16-2018, 09:15 AM.

Giggity. Love the Balkan
    ..it’ll be interesting to see

Comment

Watching it at work!
      Free ice cream to all inmates if (when) we win!

Comment

I'm going to be in the US. I'm thinking VPN and Foxtel Go if the wifi is stable. Problem is I can't think of anywhere to watch in Manhattan... anyone ever solved it? Maybe I should go to Malcolm and Lucy's!

Comment

Whichever team won last night was always going to be a no win situation with their fans coming out of every rathole to go to the prelim.

I hope we fill up our half. Home game goodbye Allianz.

Comment

61C7710D-A074-42FA-9CBE-0734E337DAC7.png
            Originally posted by Fairfax View Post
            I'm going to be in the US. I'm thinking VPN and Foxtel Go if the wifi is stable. Problem is I can't think of anywhere to watch in Manhattan... anyone ever solved it? Maybe I should go to Malcolm and Lucy's!
            The Australia bar in midtown

Comment

Originally posted by ism22 View Post
              Hey what are you all doing for the preliminary final? I certainly want to go but my wife isn't keen, so I will be heading to Sydney by myself. I am definitely going to go, but before I buy tickets... any tips? Also, any groups from here planning to go together?

I am a bit of a nerd/nigel when it comes to footy (and most of my friends support other teams + hate the Roosters). If anybody else is in this position (or has a big Roosters group/box with a spare ticket) then it would be good to combine so that we maximise attendance and don't get drowned out by Souffs supporters. If anybody is thinking about not going because they have nobody to go with then definitely hit me up and we can arrange something.

If worst comes to worst I will just buy up a single ticket and hit up a local pub before/afterwards... just thought I would offer the option. If we get enough people, maybe we could hit up the Balkan in Darlo for a massive meat & seafood grill (owner is a mad Roosters fan), have a few local beers and then mob the stadium. Given the occasion it would be awesome to do a little more than just watching it alone and getting maggot if we lose (no way Souffs fans will be as nice to me as Cows fans were at the pub last year so I wanna be prepared).

On a side note, how will people be celebrating the game? I mentioned the Balkan (which is awesome) but are there any other Roosters hang-outs close to the stadium? Has anybody called up Wayne Leung and locked in a VIP experience with him? Anybody just gonna hit up some random RSL/Leagues club for a schnitty and beer? Be good to hear what you are doing to celebrate our last game at the SFS...
              Cronkie, SBW & I will be hooking up for a few spliffs & then a good munch out somewhere before Cronkie has to leave us to play the game. So if you dont find anyone else to hang out with come & hang out with Cronkie, SBW & me.

Comment

Originally posted by Mickie Lane View Post

Cronkie, SBW & I will be hooking up for a few spliffs & then a good munch out somewhere before Cronkie has to leave us to play the game. So if you dont find anyone else to hang out with come & hang out with Cronkie, SBW & me.
                Cheers bro. I will bring along some Dannemanns so we can all suck on them before the game like true bosses. This will also help Cronk to sound like Lockyer (and Crichton - true story behind his voice and puking was the Dannemann I slipped him before the game).

PS - was in Brisbane yesterday and they had replays of some Storm v Broncos game on repeat, the poor sods lol. The game featured a youthful Smith, Cronk and slater + Lockyer looking like a grandpa. I was wearing my Roosters jersey + blues sombrero while walking 'round like a boss, sucking a big fat Dannemann. I was fully like loool QLD maroons... looool Ponies... looool XXXX... loool@your_crappy_city_guys!!! I ash my cigar on your cruddy streets!!!
                Last edited by ism22; 09-16-2018, 09:14 PM.

Comment

Seaview hotel in townsville will do me they have a huge outside TV its owned by a Sydney publican Joe Irwin who is a big roosters fan

Comment

Not going to this game due to other commitments but if we make the GF, it’s on like donkey Kong. Travel to Sydney, swanky hotel, couple of dogs from Harry’s and hopefully no voice left after our lap of honour with the trophy.

Carn you good things!
                    FVCK CANCER

Comment

I will be there. It's the last time we play at the best stadium in Sydney and I believe we can win.

Comment

Originally posted by ccfc bondi View Post
                        I will be there. It's the last time we play at the best stadium in Sydney and I believe we can win.
                        Well put. Its a kind of spiritual farewell to a brilliant stadium packed with a lot of memories for our team. In a way, how fitting we play the arch enemy for the right to contest the ultimate prize.

Comment

Danish and I will be watching from the comfort of our couch in chilly San Francisco at 3am on Saturday morning. We contemplated coming home for the game after the Sharks win, but the possibility of playing Souffs meant that the risk of losing far far far outweighed any jubilance of winning.

Comment

Damn not many people will be there then. Can I make a serious suggestion that more of you guys make an effort to show up?

Last year I remember everybody was like aaaw I will come to the GF after we beat NQ and we all know what happened. Easts need bums on seats, otherwise the stadium will look more like a Souffs home game.

PS - Wayno, can I borrow your giggity giggity flag?
                            Last edited by ism22; 09-17-2018, 08:49 AM.

Comment

I remember being there at the corresponding game in 2000 against Newcastle, packed football stadium, 40 bus loads of Knights fans came down, seemed to outweigh us..

Andrew John had one of those games he’s remembered for, except it didn’t last past halftime.

Then Freddy took the game by the scruff early in the second half. Got us back into the game.. then we won.

It it was the first grand final I’d been involved in.

What a game! Probably the best feeling out of a game I’ve felt.
                              ..it’ll be interesting to see

Comment

Working...
                              X