Sick of the Women’s BS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sick of the Women’s BS

I’m sure this thread will have me labeled as sexist and the feminists (and Danish) on here will be up in arms but I am seriously tired of this BS promotion of women’s rugby league.

I saw the match the Chookets played on the weekend and I reckon you could have taken a random bunch of 12 year old boys out of the crowd and they would have beaten those women’s sides.

The game was played at a pathetic pace. Like watching it in slow motion. Just because they are women certainly didn’t make it any more interesting for me. Good luck to them and I hope The Roosters win it but after watching the men, seeing women play footy is simply boring.

And this afternoon the club emails members the ‘big’ announcement of this weeks women’s team. As if anyone has ever even heard of any of them.

Now come on.....bring it on!

I put it in the same pile of crap as the AFLX. It's the football equivalent of paying 10 cents in 1932 to see a dipsomaniac bite a chicken's head off in a carnival freak show. To add to accusations of sexism, I'll add the Mark Knight cartoon to my post.

DmtUvwfU0AAgMYg.jpg

Comment

The worst thing for me is when I’m on twitter or social media and I see Roosters colours in a headline and get really excited for some big news,only to see a women in a Roosters jersey instead argghhh....

I just can’t get into seeing women bashing eachother around,it doesn’t interest me.

Comment

Fairdinkum guys give it a bloody chance. Thirteen what was your expectations? It's never gonna be as fast as the men but at the end of the day those girls are giving 100%. The contact was fantastic. The lack of wrestle was fantastic.

Womens rugby league will improve with good coaching and with more coverage. Young girls will join rugby league. There is no doubt there is room for a lot of improvement but I bet they would be the first to admit that.

I think it's a great idea and hopefully it gets bigger and better.

Embrace the Hate! JC

Comment

Call me old fashioned but bring back reserves and u23s
          Written and published on behalf of the Liberal Party, Queensland

Comment

Gotta start somewhere i guess. I watched the state of womens origin played at north sydney oval - that was really good to watch.

Comment

No one is forcing you to watch it. Change the channel, scroll to the next article, and move on.

personally I found it much more interesting than NSW cup. Far less dropped ball for a start.

I think they need to modify the field size though to take into account the slower pace and lower power on their long kicks. Id bring the trylines up to the 10m lines, making an 80m field of play. Same principle as bringing the ropes in for women’s big bash.

Comment

first grade has been developing for over 100 years, this is womens first year, im sure after some time is allowed the quality will improve. ive been looking forward to this competition, but i do agree the chooks were absolutely poor this weekend

Comment

Except for maybe horse riding, men and women will always bring different qualities to the sporting field. Tennis, soccer, basketball are no different.

I enjoyed watching the game and will be at the ground this Friday.

Comment

Originally posted by Lydon View Post
                    The worst thing for me is when I’m on twitter or social media and I see Roosters colours in a headline and get really excited for some big news,only to see a women in a Roosters jersey instead argghhh....

I just can’t get into seeing women bashing eachother around,it doesn’t interest me.
                    Exactly the same for me. The club emailed members today and it was predominantly about the naming of this weeks women’a team.

Comment

Originally posted by Danish View Post
                      No one is forcing you to watch it. Change the channel, scroll to the next article, and move on.

personally I found it much more interesting than NSW cup. Far less dropped ball for a start.

I think they need to modify the field size though to take into account the slower pace and lower power on their long kicks. Id bring the trylines up to the 10m lines, making an 80m field of play. Same principle as bringing the ropes in for women’s big bash.
                      I’m not watching anymore mate.

Comment

Originally posted by John Corey View Post
                        Fairdinkum guys give it a bloody chance. Thirteen what was your expectations? It's never gonna be as fast as the men but at the end of the day those girls are giving 100%. The contact was fantastic. The lack of wrestle was fantastic.

Womens rugby league will improve with good coaching and with more coverage. Young girls will join rugby league. There is no doubt there is room for a lot of improvement but I bet they would be the first to admit that.

I think it's a great idea and hopefully it gets bigger and better.

I had zero expectations. Who wants to watch a slow game with worse skills, less collision and slower than what is already a great product?

Comment

Stupidest thread I’ve ever seen.

Or not a bad attempt at satire.

Comment

Originally posted by Thirteen View Post

I’m not watching anymore mate.
                            so you’ve survived then

Comment

Originally posted by roostersrule2 View Post
                              Stupidest thread I’ve ever seen.

Or not a bad attempt at satire.
                              I disagree,good to see someone come out and say it how it is without worrying about upsetting some people..

Comment

Working...
                              X