Official Team v Sharks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NorfolkStreetKid View Post
    I think that's our best 17, hopefully Napa will be revved up when we get to the GF, but if Collins fires over the next two games I would be happy to stick with him.
    Collins won’t suddenly be better than Napa after playing the next two games. Laughable to suggest or think Napa won’t slot straight back in as soon as he is available. Napa is a dog and a mongrel. If you don’t want these type of guys in your team than go watch the girls play.

Comment

Originally posted by BenCumminsIsACheat View Post
      They have given us not just Gerard Sutton but he will be 'assisted' by Ben Cummins

ToddGreenburgisaCheat
      BernardSuttonisaCheat
      TonyArcherisaCheat
      And the vermin have their friendly Klown the Klein

Comment

Originally posted by Thirteen View Post

Collins won’t suddenly be better than Napa after playing the next two games. Laughable to suggest or think Napa won’t slot straight back in as soon as he is available. Napa is a dog and a mongrel. If you don’t want these type of guys in your team than go watch the girls play.
        Yeah, Napa is a weapon, averaging 42 minutes, 19 tackles, 2 missed tackles, 8 runs, 70 metres with zero line breaks and zero offloads....the only laughable thing is you thinking he is irreplaceable.....what's the score in the netball?

Comment

Yeah, Napa is a weapon, averaging 42 minutes, 19 tackles, 2 missed tackles, 8 runs, 70 metres with zero line breaks and zero offloads....the only laughable thing is you thinking he is irreplaceable.....what's the score in the netball?
          Ouch! A slam dunk! Sorry Thirteen but he got ya there. Napa seems to becoming a myth. Everyone talks about that day. That day when he tore Souths apart but that was 2 seasons ago. Now with his head butt tackles or his other tackles which are very close to high, he’s becoming a liability. After he got binned in Brisbane, the broncos scored. After he got binned in Sydney the broncos scored. Plus I can’t recall an offload or a break that he has made in recent weeks or season. But like I said, no matter how great Collins plays over the next few weeks, he will not make the GF over Napa.

Comment

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/peo...04-p501pe.html

Great article in the SMH today and some interesting insight by Luke Keary on Cronk’s influence and the hard work the boys have put in this year..

Seems like we are ready for what’s ahead this year and lessons learnt in these big games..

Comment

I never said Napa is not replaceable. I am just suggesting that his presence will be missed. I like Collins filling in for Napa.

It's not all about stats. It's a physical game and it's also about presence. Can you honestly tell me that the opposition would prefer to play against Napa than Collins? Does anyone on here think that?

In the recent player pole Napa was voted by the players as the hardest hitter in the game. Cronulla will be happy he is out.

Comment

Originally posted by ROC181 View Post

Ouch! A slam dunk! Sorry Thirteen but he got ya there. Napa seems to becoming a myth. Everyone talks about that day. That day when he tore Souths apart but that was 2 seasons ago. Now with his head butt tackles or his other tackles which are very close to high, he’s becoming a liability. After he got binned in Brisbane, the broncos scored. After he got binned in Sydney the broncos scored. Plus I can’t recall an offload or a break that he has made in recent weeks or season. But like I said, no matter how great Collins plays over the next few weeks, he will not make the GF over Napa.
                I disagree. You need to look beyond the stats. Consider who the opposition would prefer to play against. Look at that Nelson giant who plays for Melbourne. I don't know his stats but I bet they aren't so good. But gee I fear him when he plays against us.

Comment

I never said Napa is not replaceable. I am just suggesting that his presence will be missed. I like Collins filling in for Napa.

It's not all about stats. It's a physical game and it's also about presence. Can you honestly tell me that the opposition would prefer to play against Napa than Collins? Does anyone on here think that?

In the recent player pole Napa was voted by the players as the hardest hitter in the game. Cronulla will be happy he is out.
                  Yes, and I fired back at you because your reply to my quite reasonable post was insulting and condescending. No damage done, I said I wanted Napa to be revved up and I hoped Collins did well, nothing laughable

Comment

I disagree. You need to look beyond the stats. Consider who the opposition would prefer to play against. Look at that Nelson giant who plays for Melbourne. I don't know his stats but I bet they aren't so good. But gee I fear him when he plays against us.
                    Nelson Asofa Solomona is about the same height as Napa, weighs about 5 kilos more, plays the same minutes as Napa, but gets 21 more metres on average per game, at 91 that's 30% more, makes the same amount of tackles at 19 but only misses one instead of two, that's 50% less, and gets an average of one offload per game compared to Nanas none, so he is a lot more productive and intimidating than Napa and I reckon he gets a lot quicker play the balls, I would swap Napa for him in a heartbeat, Napa needs to get revved up and start performing, as I said, and even though I know it probably won't happen if Collins plays very well then I would like to see him kept in.
                    Last edited by NorfolkStreetKid; 09-05-2018, 11:54 AM.

Comment

Nelson Asofa Solomona is about the same height as Napa, weighs about 5 kilos more, plays the same minutes as Napa, but gets 21 more metres on average per game, at 91 that's 30% more, makes the same amount of tackles at 19 but only misses one instead of two, that's 50% less, and gets an average of one offload per game compared to Nanas none, so he is a lot more productive and intimidating than Napa and I reckon he gets a lot quicker play the balls, I would swap Napa for him in a heartbeat, Napa needs to get revved up and start performing, as I said, and even though I know it probably won't happen if Collins plays very well then I would like to see him kept in.
                      Once again you refer to stats. Stats aren't everything. If they were than Robbo wouldn't favour Napa so heavily cause yes his stats could be better. But his physical presence on the field is what makes Napa a good player. If he wasn't so good he wouldn't be the starting front rower for Queensland.

I see your point. Yes his stats could be better. There is just more to league than numbers though.

So if both Napa and Collins are available you choose Collins over Napa?
                      Last edited by Thirteen; 09-05-2018, 12:27 PM.

Comment

Exactly.
                        Napa has the Morely factor.

Comment

Once again you refer to stats. Stats aren't everything. If they were than Robbo wouldn't favour Napa so heavily cause yes his stats could be better. But his physical presence on the field is what makes Napa a good player. If he wasn't so good he wouldn't be the starting front rower for Queensland.

I see your point. Yes his stats could be better. There is just more to league than numbers though.

So if both Napa and Collins are available you choose Collins over Napa?
                          Mate, I don't know what your problem is, but get over it.. As I said, I made a perfectly normal post and you felt the need to ridicule it.... then when some FACTS ae pointed out to you you still want to go on and on about it. I am not interested in this crap.
                          Last edited by NorfolkStreetKid; 09-05-2018, 01:33 PM.

Comment

Mate, I don't know what your problem is, but get over it.. As I said, I made a perfectly normal post and you felt the need to ridicule it.... then when some FACTS ae pointed out to you you still want to go on and on about it. I am not interested in this crap.
                            Not ridiculing anything. I'm just having a civil discussion with a fellow supporter. No offense intended. It's not personal I'm just putting by argument forward. If you think I'm offensive than ignore me or take some cement pills.

It's no wonder you don't like hard men in your team. You can't even handle someone who challenges your opinion.

Comment

napa is a bludger compared to most good props in the comp.

Comment

Sharks have got a tough seasoned pack of forwards suited to finals football and backs who make plenty of metres coming out of their own end . They will try to niggle and put us off our game. Got to get up on fifita and chop him off before he gets momentum crabbing across the field especially to our left hand side. Can't afford those silly errors coming off our line.
                                Not going to be easy but we can beat them.

Comment

Working...
                                X