The Loss we needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Loss we needed

I never like losing but I actually thought we needed to lose 1 game before finals to reset and this one was the one i marked done for.

Only by 2 pts and considering we were at 50% vs Raiders best in a couple season well its not that bad.

BRING ON THE FINALS!!!!!

Originally posted by GrubBER View Post
    I never like losing but I actually thought we needed to lose 1 game before finals to reset and this one was the one i marked done for.

Only by 2 pts and considering we were at 50% vs Raiders best in a couple season well its not that bad.

BRING ON THE FINALS!!!!!
    Best you don't tell David Bill Williams that. He has $8,000 riding on the Roosters for the minor premiership.
    "Do you expect me to talk"? "No, Mr. Bond, I expect you to die".

Comment

Agreed.

The boys can recharge the batteries after that. I'd rather lose this week than vs the filthy Broncos.

Comment

i agree tommy

Comment

We play like that again then broncos will clean us up
          Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe

Comment

No excuses. We should have won that game and pretty much assured ourselves of a top two finish. We are now in real danger of having to play round one of the finals away.
            FVCK CANCER

Comment

Originally posted by Tommy Smith View Post
              Agreed.

The boys can recharge the batteries after that. I'd rather lose this week than vs the filthy Broncos.
              If you have gotta lose then losing by 2 isn't bad (especially with your main impact man and starting 5/8 out against an odd bottom-8 team that was always going to play for the spoil rather than the contest). Our PD remains in tact, which is good.

The big games will be won or lost against top-4 teams. My guess is that we are basically resting Keary and JWH (who IMO coulda played if necessary) and in doing so practicing playing finals style footy where we cannot rely on having everybody available for 80 minutes, or for us to have fresh legs all the time.

Comment

BRING ON THE FINALS!!!!!
                I did too. Hope it does the trick.

Comment

For whatever reason, we don’t win in Canberra, we are the only top 8 side they have beaten this year.

Comment

Well if it teaches Robbo how to organise the bench from now on then it will be a better loss than if he stuffs it up again on PF....We seemed to be playing with more courage before but he's choices of safety first of keeping someone just in case has undone everything. It's who dares wins.

Comment

BRING ON THE FINALS!!!!!
                      350 odd tackles for the 3rd week in a row against a big forward pack. Our forwards are tired and we may have just lost the opportunity to rest some of them before the finals.

Comment

Originally posted by dice View Post

350 odd tackles for the 3rd week in a row against a big forward pack. Our forwards are tired and we may have just lost the opportunity to rest some of them before the finals.
                        This is what happens when we turn over possession with errors in matches and spend most of the games tackling...or the refs seem to make sure we spend most of the games tackling....so that now in the season our players are worn out and can tackle no more or run no more.

Comment

Originally posted by milanja View Post
                          For whatever reason, we don’t win in Canberra, we are the only top 8 side they have beaten this year.
                          Against us they were allowed to...do whatever they liked...throw forward passes, stand offside, lie all over our players...etc etc etc, with impunity.
                          Doesn't matter what side we send down there, we lose...same old, same old...seemingly-biased refereeing.

Comment

I'd rather have won today but I don't think the loss has put a dent in our hopes for the season. But we now have to play for keeps for the next two games. And, once again, our opposition have completed their sets at a level that they normally don't.

Comment

It worked out well for us this week that the Vermin, Panfers and Worriers all lost as well ...

Comment

Working...
                              X